Rick Carter

Submitted by Orion on 05/31/2004 at 05:52. ( orionshunting@msn.com ) 4.63.119.66

i just got done watching Goonies (an older movie) and when i was watching the credits i seen your name. were you the person that was the art director of that movie? just curious? ALOHA!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

No, I was the Goonie!

This response submitted by Rick Carter on 05/31/2004 at 16:35. ( WASCO ) 205.188.116.139

I guess I'll always be goonie. Actually there is a Rick Carter who is a special FX guy and art director in a lot of movies. Go to the Google search engine and type in his name to see some of his work. My name comes up from some of the articles I have written and for some taxidermy videos and ads. There are 15 different Rick Carters on the WASCO customer log. I think the Movie Rick is the only one with money, the rest of us are just goonies.

lol

This response submitted by Orion on 05/31/2004 at 19:41. ( orionshunting@msn.com ) 4.63.119.66

thank you!

yea but

This response submitted by DaveT on 06/02/2004 at 18:20. ( ) 66.205.116.69

that last whitetail you did (in Breakthrough ads) is one of the nicest mounts I have ever seen. Don't know how you did it but the expression and character of that mount is fantastic! I hope I can see it in person some day!

DaveT

Thanks, Dave

This response submitted by Rick Carter on 06/02/2004 at 19:41. ( WASCO ) 152.163.253.1

I did as good as I could have with that deer at the 2003 NTA. That piece is now permanently retired from any further competition even though it has not been to the World show. I figure I better take what good I did and run with it. Nobody else will ever get another shot at it. (The deer "cult" guys take this crap too seriously) I will have it in the WASCO booth at the NTA in Huntsville,Al. I will also have the skeleton and musculature sculpture beside it. Maybe I can relax more at this NTA since I am not competing with a deer or judging or doing seminars. It's too nerve racking to put it all on the line two years straight!- lol - I'll show up again some other time with something new.

OK

This response submitted by DaveT on 06/02/2004 at 21:56. ( ) 66.205.116.69

I understand the competition game, I am sure your next mount will even be better. Anyway, that was one heck of a mount, congrats!

DaveT

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu