Experience and recommendation--tannery--grizzly bear

Submitted by Bruce Anderson on 05/30/2004 at 13:25. ( bruce@adventuretaxidermy.com ) 216.97.184.196

Looking for recommendations and experience with tannery for life-size and flat hide tanning for grizzly bear. Prefer wet tan for life-size. If you have had good experiences with a particular tannery, I would like to know who it is. My past experience has not been good. Holes, oily hair, too thick..........you know,all the things that are out of our control once the skins go to the tannery.

Thanks to this forum, we can share experiences, and I would appreciate input from other taxidermists who have grizzly bear knowledge.

Post here, or e-mail. Thanks in advance for your input.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

tannery

This response submitted by Bill Dishman on 05/30/2004 at 15:26. ( dish2ndnat@aol.com ) 64.12.116.131

Hair Hide and Fur tannery in Arlee, MT. Ive been using them for 15 years with no problems. Lutan-F wet tan, dry tan, shaved properly with no damage. EXCELLENT STRETCH! the owner is Larry Ursua, give him a call. (406) 726-3227

Yost Fur Dressing

This response submitted by JOhn on 05/30/2004 at 23:48. ( ) 66.190.41.56

I've worked with bear from a couple different tanneries and really like how Yost does them. I think they have a 2 month turn around on bear (you'd have to call to make sure). Phone# is 920-743=7162 Very friendly people to do business with.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu