I am writing to encourage anyone who won the Breakthrough Award to mail in your write-up and photo. We have already gotten complete write-ups and photos from 8 of the winners.
Each year in the January issue of Breakthrough, we will have a special feature on the winners of the Breakthrough Award for the previous year. For us to be able to include your winning entry, we will need you to supply us with a high quality, professional photograph of you with your winning entry, along with a short biography of yourself by answering the questions below.
The photo should be either a 8x10 color glossy print, or a 35mm or larger color transparency. You may also send a digital photograph, but the resolution must be at least 1600 x 1200 megapixels, preferably higher. The deadline for getting the photo and the information to us is September 15 of each year. If you should win the award later in the year, we would like to get this information as soon as possible. This is your responsibility—not someone's from a state association.
• Important—Where and when you won the Breakthrough Award (example: 2003 South Carolina Association of Taxidermists)
• Important—Your name, address, and daytime telephone number
• Important—Entry and species that won the Breakthrough Award. If there is an interesting story about this entry, please tell us.
• How long have you been involved in taxidermy?
• How long have you been competing?
• Your business name and when it started
• Are you a hobbyist, part-time or full-time taxidermist? If not full-time, what is your other occupation?
• What is your favorite area of taxidermy? Tell us about any other hobbies or areas of interest you may have, and add any other thoughts you would like for us to include about you.
• If you have won any other major awards in taxidermy in the last two years, please list by year, then list the state association or the name of the competition. Last, list the name of the award. (Example: 2004-Iowa: WASCO Award).
We STILL NEED to get packets in from the taxidermists who won the Breakthrough Award at these state shows:
Eastern Regional (Greg Rue)
Idaho (Ike Reid)
International Guild of Taxidermy (Joe Boggs)
Kansas (Lonny Travis)
National Taxidermist Association
Nebraska (Scott Souders)
New Mexico/Western Regional (Mike Ross)
New York, United Taxidermists of
Northern Regional (Tommy Kaiser)
Ohio, Professional Taxidermists of (Steve Miller)
Oklahoma (Kenneth Bauman)
South Dakota (Jerry Froelach)
Virginia (Gerry Viola)
Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu