Question for those that offer lifetime guarantees.

Submitted by Chris on 11/10/04 at 12:30 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.202

If you offer a lifetime guarantee, and subsequently dermestid beetles or moths eat away a major portion of the hair on a customer's mount, how do you satify the guarantee?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

well...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/10/04 at 2:30 AM. ( ) 67.138.8.215

Thats the reason we dont offer those types of gaurantees! You cant control the environment the customer keeps the mount in, just like you cant keep fixing the nose for free when it falls off the wall.

Try your best

This response submitted by craig on 11/10/04 at 7:57 AM. ( ) 216.79.241.101

Chis what kind of mount is it? I try my best to fix it I do what ever I can to make my customer happy, but you have to do top quality work to begin with. And I do fix a nose if it falls off the wall for free. Craig

Chris

This response submitted by Richard C on 11/10/04 at 8:49 AM. ( ) 67.241.174.35

The only thing that I know of that comes with perpetual care is a cemetary plot. We create organic items that are a natural bug attractor plus the customers DON'T take care of the mounts at all. They don't know what preventive maintaince is. The wifes in no time has this stuff rellegated to the cellar or garage where it gets more abuse.

i give

This response submitted by lee on 11/10/04 at 8:59 AM. ( ) 216.148.244.92

i give my customers the 30-30 warrenty,30 seconds or 30 feet wichever comes first! ha ha

You cannot be serious

This response submitted by * on 11/10/04 at 9:10 AM. ( ) 203.40.166.224

lm always amused how people will spout of a "life time guarantee" for their mounts, when the big issue is, a guarantee against "what"--ignorance?

Top 10 reasons as to wht you should offer a lifetime guarantee for your workmanship

#10 l ONLY noticed something was wrong with the feathers on the mount after it fell into our ornamental pond.

#9 It looked so lifelike my Dog chewed it up.

#8 The replacemnt was BETTER than the one my dog chewed up, so my cat tore it up

#7 The bird was a bit dusty, so l decided to give it a clean with the vacuum cleaner on suction

#6 Someone told me to put linseed oil on the antlers for protection, so l decided to paint the whole head as well.

# 5 My wife wont let me hang the deer in the house, so l hung it out on a tree in the yard.

#4. Geee, i never figured that rain would worry a mounted fish getting wet (skin mount)

#3 My Caribou only went a funny color after l lite the open fire below it.

#2 My wife didnt want me putting any big holes in the wall, but the hanger on the buffalo wasnt good enough to hold onto the 1 " nail.

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY LIFETIME GUARANTEES WILL NEVER PROTECT YOUR WORK AGAINST IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY....

l figured it was time to clean the bird, so l washed it in the dish washer, and then dried it in the clothes dryer

The only time someone asked me this question

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/10/04 at 9:13 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.241

I replied with, "I guarantee it not to come back to life." He thought that was so funny he forgot all about his question.

I do occasionally repair fish at no charge that I HAVE MOUNTED if they fall of the wall or something as a guesture of good will. That's it though and I don't have to do that very often.

my guarantee

This response submitted by gill on 11/10/04 at 10:16 AM. ( ) 216.228.35.169

I will tell them, I will guarantee their $425. deer head, the same as the Chevy dealer will guarantee their $45000 pick up. After 3 years tell them, "you dont want it fixed, you want a brand new one."

Cecil

This response submitted by Becky P on 11/10/04 at 10:58 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.136

that was good. I'll have to remember that one. BP

guarantee

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 11/10/04 at 3:54 PM. ( myersark@centurytel.net ) 64.91.28.233

A couple of clients have asked about 'guarantees' over the years. And I've seen other taxis advertise 'guaranteed work.' I don't specifically guarantee mounts. I do, however, offer free repairs/touchups for the as long as they own the mount. And, every once in awhile, I'll get a call that a deer, etc., fell off the wall and was damaged. I don't charge for those repairs, either, since they don't take much time and I consider it good PR. I've only had to do a couple in the last several years, so it's not a big deal for me. I do provide a care sheet with the mounts, too, to help ward off some potential future problems.

I'll guarantee

This response submitted by Alex on 11/10/04 at 6:18 PM. ( ) 66.32.152.163

I'll guarantee I won't be around 100 years from now.
I'll guarantee you'll like my mounts.

I'll guarantee not to guarantee that you will be around to collect on my lufetime guarantee.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu