A new joke for Jeff Foxworthy.......

Submitted by John on 11/13/04 at 4:04 PM. ( JAKE2825@aol.com ) 152.163.100.202

You know your a redneck when you call your taxidermist from your tree stand!

Happened to me today and though it was cute.Just shot his deer and hadn'teven gotten out of the tree and called me up to tell me he was bringing it in.LOL

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

You might be a hightech redneck.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 11/13/04 at 4:47 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

I hate that *&&^%% cell phone. Thats why I took up underwater archery.

Sounds like efficiency to me

This response submitted by George on 11/13/04 at 6:41 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.134

Had the same thing happen 3 years ago. The guy shoots a monster 8 pointer. It's lying on the ground, he's in the tree stand and he calls me. First, I'm gratified that he HAD my number on his index and secondly, he says, "George, I've just the biggest dear of my life and I don't want to screw it up in any way. Now tell me how to field dress it and what I should do next." Wasn't a joke to me or to him and we didn't think anything about it was funny. Both of us were glad that technology WAS available to keep him from ruining his trophy.

My point exactly George

This response submitted by John on 11/13/04 at 8:02 PM. ( JAKE2825@aol.com ) 64.12.116.133

I am glad that this tech.is available.We have come a long way in the last few decades if not only the last few years.I have just never had a cust call from the stand before and it struck me as funny.Although I have inadvertantly called friends cell phones and they have answered in the stand.My thinking was if they were in the stand they should have the phone shut off or left in the truck.I found out later that the guy I called was expecting a call from his then pregnant wife.We both laughed at that one.

George

This response submitted by Becky P on 11/14/04 at 8:17 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.133

I have one customer that has my number memorized. He came in one day and made a comment to his hunting buddy about it being bad (in a good way) that he had so much stuff mounted that he had his taixermist's number memorized. Talk about flattering.

Bear Hunters

This response submitted by Old Fart on 11/14/04 at 7:05 PM. ( ) 216.148.246.154

I've had a couple bear hunters call for gutting instructions from their bear kills. I don't know if they were still in the stand or not, but they hadn't touched the bear yet.

Cell phones.

This response submitted by John C on 11/15/04 at 6:56 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Many places around here they are useless! No towers.

2002 I am in a deep rocky canyon in Alaska, noway could radio waves bend around those curves. The X-wifes phone rings, it was her stupid ashhed son calling.

Just wait with the photo cell phones I see it coming, "Should I shoot this one or wait?"

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu