Question about digital camera

Submitted by Todd B on 11/14/04 at 5:14 PM. ( ) 4.225.21.38

I know this is not the digital camera forum. I am looking to purchase a digital camera. Are any of you guys or gals into photography? If so I am looking at the Canon EOS Rebel G Digital camera. It is pricy but it is 6.3 mega pixel and I can use my lenses from my Canon SLR camera. Just curious what you photographers have to say. It is a lot of money but I want a good camera. I also like that I can get the zoom lenses for it.

Todd B

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Good Choice

This response submitted by Asher on 11/14/04 at 5:52 PM. ( asherdym@charter.net ) 68.116.62.142

Go to this website and you can see that the Canon camera rates very well among it's users:

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/80662/rpem/ccd/productDetailReview.do#tabs

I work around these and many other electronic products, I have heard nothing but great things about the camera. The only downside to it (In some people's opinions) is that it's not your standard "point and shoot" camera, it is made for users that need more of the "manual" features and who want more control over their picture output. Great camera though! Hope this helps!

No Doubt

This response submitted by G-man on 11/14/04 at 6:07 PM. ( ) 216.37.223.79

I have been stuck on Canon for years and shoot an Elan 7.I am amped about the digital Rebel,especially since all my lenses mount too.I would be able to shoot raw format or digital with the same range by using Elan and Rebel digital.I borrowed a Digital Reb from a friend and had to wipe the drool off before returning it.

If you like the Rebel

This response submitted by Asher on 11/14/04 at 6:52 PM. ( ) 68.116.62.142

You should see the Canon EOS 20D

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Canon-EOS-20D-Digital-Camera--9442A002AA-/sem/rpsm/oid/111528/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

A little overkill for what I like to do, but still a VERY nice camera.

GREAT choice

This response submitted by George on 11/14/04 at 10:47 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.135

I, too, have always loved the Canons and that is just one fine camera. Trouble is,most printers don't have the capability of printing those pix to their full potention YET. Won't be long I guess.

Thanks guys.

This response submitted by Todd B on 11/15/04 at 12:08 PM. ( ) 4.225.20.122

I myself have been drooling over this camera for a while. I guess I have just been waiting for the price to drop a bit. So far it has not dropped much. I just hate to bite the bullet and pay the money for it. I guess I will have to if I really want it.

Todd B

I have one & love it

This response submitted by Eddie Boutwell on 11/16/04 at 4:51 PM. ( ) 68.156.175.220

Todd,
I purchased my Canon Rebel last year at Christmas. I have really enjoyed using it and have no regrets. I like the fact that there is no shutter delay like other digital cameras. One thing you will like about using your other Canon lenses with the Rebel is that the focal length conversion factor for the Rebel is 1.6 times greater than your 35mm. In other words a 200mm lens becomes a 320mm when attached to the Rebel. The only drawback to this is that a wide angle lens is not as "wide" on the Rebel. But if you are more into photographing wildlife than landscapes as I am this is not a problem. The Rebel kit comes with a 18-55mm lens that can not be used on other 35mm Canon cameras. Because of the conversion factor I mentioned above this lens is more like a 29-88mm on 35mm film. Another thing I learned about moving up from my older G series 3megp Canon camera to a 6+megp camera is that you need twice as much storage on your media card!
And this side note to George; Those printers are here!

P.S. The WALMART (sorry) near my home is selling the Rebel at around $900.00

George, I would think 1200 dots...

This response submitted by marty on 11/18/04 at 6:32 PM. ( ) 24.15.104.42

...per inch would be plenty for a crisp photo. That's what most printers have the capability to print - some more. If you're printing a 3x5, a 6 meg camera is overkill. I'm not sure what 1200 dots per inch translates to in megapixels. But the beauty of higher meg cameras (5.0's and up) are good for printing larger prints such as 11x14 and even bigger (with a 6.0 meg). So it's the print size limitation that we're talking here, not the printer. Once you begin printing too large, the megapixels of the camera are the limitation, not the printer...

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu