the nerve of some people!

Submitted by Joe SC on 11/14/04 at 6:08 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.202

I had a guy call and leave a message, Mr Joe Sorry I haven't been in touch but I was wondering when I could pick up my deerhesd? This guy droped off his deer last year and I talked to him 4 or 5 times aboutgetting the deposit, the last time I talked to him he was going to call me to meet with him and get the deposit. So I called him and told him that I haven't started his head yet and that there is now about 10 deer ahead of his.then he said "well let me call you back cuz I have a cuzin stuffin now and I wwant to try to get out of letting him do it" that is when I told him that if he picks up the hide and horns that there will be a capeing ,fleshing and storage fee.He wanted to know how much and I said that I would have to think about it! Just out of curiosity what would some of you guys charge him?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Charge

This response submitted by Evelyn on 11/14/04 at 6:55 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

Since you alreday cleaned the antlers, fleshed the capes and stored them for him for a lengthy time I would charge him no less then $75 per cape and antlers. Might go as high as $100 per cape.

Charge Him

This response submitted by Dennis D on 11/14/04 at 8:21 PM. ( ) 199.239.214.112

Just like evelyn said, 100.00 don't seem enough, take no less than $75 then charge him $25 for your time wasted .

So sorry to hear...

This response submitted by Wally on 11/14/04 at 10:02 PM. ( muthagoose@hotmail.com ) 216.251.183.90

Now ya know to never take anything in without a deposit! yep a $100 and never take anything in from him again without %60 down......

Some Customers are like Wal-Mart,,,,,,,,,CHEAP and %&*%@

This response submitted by Kim on 11/15/04 at 2:13 AM. ( ) 69.171.249.149

Joe SC,

What does your contract say? 50% deposit....period. Non-refundable.

End of story

I myself would tell him

This response submitted by mike on 11/15/04 at 8:15 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.134

that the mount is in process and that the 50% that was due covers your time, period. Since it is in process that 50% is due, if you want it back for any reason that is not caused on my part of the contract (anything you put in writing).

I hear all kinds of excuses when it comes to putting that deposit down, I listen to them all, putting my trust into them. Most guys when they go deer hunting don't plan on shooting a throphy buck, it is a wish and when it happens it does catch some of them off guard. I will work with them to get it done, but the cape will come off the head and go into the freeze and will not be worked on untill the deposit is met. We both agree on the amount of time that is needed and put it in writting on the contract. Now most customers will follow through with what you set, but there are those who get home and either tell a buddy that he took it some where to have it mounted and it cost so many dollars and they say go get it back, I know so and so who will do it for half that. The other one is the wife found out and said your are not hanging it in my house, and it cost you how much? Let face it a fact here, we are not getting rich doing taxidermy, but out time is worth alot when it come to guys jacking us around. Put the customer on the spot for a change, and make it worth your while, and never think that you over charge for something.

Ido have a contract

This response submitted by Joe SC on 11/15/04 at 7:34 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

Iwrote one up this year It states Deposits will be half the balance due and is required at the time of drop off. after 30 days of notification,if the mount is not picked up,there will be a $10.00per week cleaning and storage fee. then I have them sign it!maybe this will help. I also have a #%*&%# azz whole that will not pick up his mount every time I have called him he is so sorry but he'll be here this weekend to pick it up finally Icalled and left him the message that I was tacking a $100.00 storage fee.I finished his deer head last Feb.I will use this one for display.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu