More unabashed politcal posting

Submitted by Cecil on 11/21/04 at 1:30 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.187

http://www.whistlestopper.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=705

Looks like almost a kiss that was held back. Something going on here behind the scenes? Naaah. LOL

Sorry George and others. Couldn't resist.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

no offence taken

This response submitted by jim on 11/21/04 at 4:13 PM. ( ) 63.227.249.26

You are just thinking like a typical Clinton liberal. Condi is presidental material herself in my opinion. Sure a lot more so than Hillary.

I saw that Cecil and the neolibs didn't surprise me

This response submitted by George on 11/21/04 at 5:34 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.136

That dogface Donna Brazaille made the comment that President Bush never kissed any of the MEN who were selected for his cabinet. I wish I could have found the forum to print, "There's a reason for that. He ISN'T QUEER. And THAT'S what got him re-elected."

Well thanks for being good sports about it

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/21/04 at 7:14 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.104

Now George are you saying Clinton was queer? As much as he liked women I sure doubt it. Kerry? Would be news to me. Gore, Carter? Who?

Well Jim, you're entitled to your opinion but personally I think Condi is the equivilent of a "yes man" as a woman. The only real expertise that I know she has is the former USSR. They're all yes men now. Why do you think Powell got the boot?

Cecil, I really don't think Powell got the "boot"

This response submitted by George on 11/21/04 at 8:07 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.136

As much as I think that as a 4 star general, he wasn't accustomed to playing the party line on issues. He'd hinted before that he wouldn't return for the second term. As far as Condi being a "yes" woman, I think that's a little unfair. When people of the same beliefs and ideals come together, it's easy to be a "yes" person. And I'm not sure ANYONE is that well versed on the politico-economics of the world today. Since 9/11, the world stage has been one of making up new rules as we go along. Even before that, no one really saw the Iron Curtain coming down so spontaneously nor seeing East and West Germany reuniting. Those were "experts" feeding us that bad information. Guess they took up "exit polling" duties after they left the CIA.

And NO, I don't think any of our Presidents were queer and I don't recall any of them kissing cabinet secretaries. If Bill Clinton had kissed that dog of a Secretary of State HE had, I'd have puked. Madeline Albright was one godawful excuse for a LOT of things, so I'm with Bill on that one too. LOL

Yep Madeline is right up there with

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/21/04 at 11:08 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.104

the mother on Everybody Loves Raymand. I'm with you on that one George!

Here's a link that seems to point to Powell being booted:

Powell 'pushed out' by Bush for seeking to rein in Israel
By Charles Laurence in New York and Philip Sherwell
(Filed: 21/11/2004)

Colin Powell, the outgoing US secretary of state, was given his marching orders after telling President George W Bush that he wanted greater power to confront Israel over the stalled Middle East peace process.

Although Mr Powell's departure was announced on November 15, his letter of resignation was dated November 11, the day he had a meeting with Mr Bush.

Colin Powell: the president's 'good cop'
According to White House officials, at the meeting Mr Powell was not asked to stay on and gave no hints that he would do so. Briefing reporters later, he referred to "fulsome discussions" - diplomatic code for disagreements.

"The clincher came over the Mid-East peace process," said a recently-retired state department official.

"Powell thought he could use the credit he had banked as the president's 'good cop' in foreign policy to rein in Ariel Sharon [Israel's prime minister] and get the peace process going. He was wrong."

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/ma...1/21/wpow21.xml

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu