Freebie Nadda Zilch.

Submitted by John C on 11/21/04 at 1:31 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

There was a big nontypical deer killed about 30 miles from my town.

So this deer scores 205 NonTyp. green B&C.

Noone here is qualified to mount the deer.
Yep straight from the kid and his Dad's mouth.

Four of the states best taxidermist are here.
Brian Harness, Clifford Beaver 2004 Best Pro Gamehead WTC, Scott Marshall and Me.

But according to the kid and his dad, noone here is qualified to do the work.

What it amounts to is someone is doing the head for FREEEEEEE.

Guys, Girls and those in between, you seldom get any business from doing a record head or fish for free!

Your name seldom gets mentioned, look in the magazines for proof.

It's not the fact the head went to a unknown taxidermist in Little Rock AR to be mounted. Its the factits being done for FREE.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Good Point John

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/21/04 at 1:44 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.187

I'm not saying I'm that great but I've done my share of "record fish" for free for advertisement. You're absolutely right. The taxidermist will not be get out of it what he puts into it. Been there done that. No more.

I don't care in the future if they have caught the all time world record largemouth bass. They will PAY IN FULL or take it somewhere else.

Not only are you not getting fully compensated, but they will pester you to death!

It's Not Free even If I Shot The Deer

This response submitted by Coyote on 11/21/04 at 2:13 PM. ( coyote@wideopenwest.com ) 69.14.89.168

And I'll be damned if I would do it for free. Your time, labor, expense, and everything else that goes to mounting the head. And this guy wants it done for free. No way! He would pay just like everyone else.

Coyote

if He wants

This response submitted by Alex on 11/21/04 at 4:19 PM. ( ) 66.32.151.154

It Free ,let him do it himself.
If he goes to a dentist with a record tooth pain ,does he get free dental work, Stupid just plain stupid People.

Free is a good price

This response submitted by cur on 11/21/04 at 4:35 PM. ( whatever ) 4.227.112.240

John C,

Send that taxidermist more free work. The charity business is always good. The only way that freebie will help out that fellow is if the customer doesn't pick it up and it remains in shop for all to see. Who has the time to do freebies anyway? Call the dude up and tell him you will pay him $100 to be allowed to do that deer!...Better yet, $200. You can beat FREE all to pieces...LOL

When my utilities, taxes and insurance, car payment,boat payment, liquor and wimmen are free, I might just get into the free taxi business myself. When that day comes, or H*ll freezes over, whichever comes first, I'd make that offer too.

Now, there are some things I would do fer free, but none that come to mind can be mentioned around wimmen and chillens.

You are right John

This response submitted by Evelyn (Superpig) on 11/21/04 at 4:41 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

the taxidermist's name never gets mentioned in any of the deer magazines. They show the hunter with the mounted trophy, but no mentioning on who did the mount. So therefore I say too, pay me the regular price or take it somewhere else. I can't live off of the glory (which I don't get anyway since my name won't be emntioned).

Money walks, money talks.

free?

This response submitted by ryan on 11/22/04 at 1:10 PM. ( ) 66.155.248.32

when you do something for free, it just makes people think youre work isnt worth anything anyway, so why does he charge everyone else x amount of dollars?

I know how the FREEBIE thing works

This response submitted by John C on 11/22/04 at 9:36 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

I just wanted to point out to these beginners that FREEBIES dont pay.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu