NEWS ALERT UPDATE

Submitted by MYSTERIO on 11/22/04 at 2:39 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.202

FOLKS AT WWW. GOOGLE.COM CLICK ON NEWS THEN CLICK ON THE
UPDATE STORY SAD,SAD,SAD A PHOTO OF THIS WHACKO IS ON THE SITE
HE CHASED GUYS DOWN WIT A SEMI AUTO...THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

A common hunting weapon?

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/22/04 at 2:44 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.170

"Zeigle said the suspect was "chasing after them and killing them," with a SKS 7.62 mm semiautomatic rifle, a common hunting weapon."

Sorry for the ignorance as here in Indiana it's no rifles, but is this accurate? "A common hunting rifle?"

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/22/hunters.slain.ap/index.html

Yes

This response submitted by Kim Collins on 11/22/04 at 3:26 PM. ( ynedkcollins5@netzero.com ) 128.192.139.217

we have one that has been used for hunting but in Georgia you cant have more then a 10 round clip in it. It is a good deer gun and at the time we got it a cheap one at only $99.00.
But this is a very sad,sad story it just hurts hunters because now you have people out there that never even knew it was deer season thinking we are all a bunch of crazy people in the woods killing sweet little deer and each other! Things like this just burn me up!
My prayers go out to these families.

Kim

I wonder..

This response submitted by Junipera on 11/22/04 at 4:30 PM. ( ) 66.66.1.216

if this was really just a "hunting dispute".

Looks to me like

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/22/04 at 8:30 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.245

some choice words were probably shared and this individual snapped similar to road rage. No excuse whatsoever for shooting people. I'll remember to bring my gun next time I approach a trespasser that also has a gun. Yikes!

We've had disputes down here over stuff like this but never that bad. One of my pet peeves is folks that just help themselves on private property. I was once sitting in a tree stand where I had exclusive permission to hunt only to see an orange hat standing below my tree stand when first light came. Soon they were everywhere. Not one had permission. I was severely pissed.

Approaching...

This response submitted by marty on 11/22/04 at 9:54 PM. ( ) 24.15.104.42

...people with guns is what the DNR folks (and the sheriff) get paid those big bucks to do - lol!

Seriously, this is a lessons learned for you folks that approach these people. If they're nutty enough to trounce on private property, then who knows what they're capable of doing?

Call the sheriff next time Cecil, it's safer...

What i take exception to

This response submitted by DaveT on 11/22/04 at 10:47 PM. ( ) 64.72.57.250

Is to refer to this murderer as a hunter. It gives us a bad rep that we do not deserve. The guy was denied hunting rights to a piece of property, went home and got the gun, cam back and started shooting. That is not a hunter but you can bet the press will have a hayday with this one.

Cecil, what does it matter it that gun is used by folks to hunt with? It could have been a 270, 30-06 or a 44 mag. It is the idiot behind the trigger that turned it into a murderous weapon. he would have used what ever he had available.

DaveT

Dave I actually agree with you

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/22/04 at 11:33 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.245

I don't like it either when they refer to people like this as a "hunter." One of my other pet peeves is when they refer to poachers simply as hunters. uhhhhhh!

As far as the gun you misunderstood my question. I sincerely asked if this is commonly used as a deer rifle. It's not uncommon for the media to mess these things up. No inference meant. Answer please?

I would not use it

This response submitted by DaveT on 11/23/04 at 7:31 AM. ( ) 64.72.57.250

But some would. From the account I got, this guy drove home and got the gun, it was not actually his hunting weapon?

DT

According to...........

This response submitted by Jack M. on 11/23/04 at 9:01 AM. ( slugger332002@yahoo.com ) 216.81.98.174

the news report I heard the law enforcement give, the crazy dude was hunting with the sks. He came down from the tree stand and turned to walk away, and removed the scope. He then supposedly turned the weapon on the group. I have used an sks before, hunting deer here in Georgia. It is not my first choice anymore, but it will kill a deer with good shot placement. That being said, I would not use it unless it was all I owned, and didn't have funds for a better choice, for the much larger northern whitetails. It is considered a marginal weapon at best, because of accuracy and knockdown power, as well as the quality of the ammo you might have purchased for it. This incident should make everyone re-think their strategy for handling armed trespassers. Just my thoughts, cheers, Jack.

Sadly apparently it's good to knock down humans

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/24/04 at 10:07 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.215

?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu