PETA suspected in Fallow Deer release...

Submitted by tomdes on 11/16/04 at 11:07 AM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 148.183.241.23

I was visting a friend in Morrisville, NY this past weekend and he showed me some pictures from his trail camera. It was a big palmated fallow deer. Come to find out that a neighbor down the street (in the country)had 8 big bucks as pets, originally as a gift from his wife. PETA is suspected in the cutting of the fence and opening it up to release all the animals. They've tried everything possible to recapture them, and they're still roaming free in the hills. Morrisville is a little country village with lots of good deer hunting. The big fear is opening day shotgun is next Monday, and they're worried that they are going to get shot! My last suggestions to him were to tell his neighbor to try tranquilizers if they could get close enough, if that fails make sure to get the word out in the town and notify the DEC. As a last resort I gave him my card and told him I haven't mounted a fallow deer in about 5 years. I'm sure this story is going to grow!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

In my state of Indiana they would be fair game

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/16/04 at 1:49 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.199

Amazing out thet peta people are responsible for their demise when they were safe penned up. What a bunch of idiots

Oh yeah PETA sure loves animals all right

This response submitted by Evelyn on 11/16/04 at 2:44 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

Those moronic idiots don't realize that with their actions they actually put more animals in harms way and create havoc in nature (just think about the mink release incident in England a few years back)then they are doing good. Great job PETA. The fallows were safe in the enclosure but now they are fair game to all the hunters. Kind of ironic, PETA just killed eight fallow deer. But I guess at least they died happy roaming free, blah blah blah blah......

the fallow deer would be fair game here in NY too

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/17/04 at 11:05 PM. ( ) 67.138.13.111

Theres also one running around near Perinton NY the last I heard.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu