Good to see your back.

Submitted by Kenneth Wampner on 11/22/04 at 8:08 PM. ( kewampner@wmconnect.com. ) 152.163.100.202

It really is good to see your back Cur. Ole George has been holding the fort damn near by himself for a long time now. It's just nice to know your back. Do you know where I can get hand carved bases for elephant tusks. My client wants the ones with the big five carved in them. If you come across any between now and February let me know.

Ken Wampner

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Bases w/big five?

This response submitted by cur on 11/22/04 at 8:54 PM. ( whatever ) 4.226.213.41

Ken:

The only bases like that I have seen were made in Africa. Do you want the traditional big five (elephant, buff, lion,rhino,leopard) or the SCI big five (elephant, buff, lion, leopard and sable)?

Joel Morrow in Houston used to import a lot of fancy African carvings and the like. I will try to reach him and see if he is still in the business. Some African taxis may have a source for those too. The last ones I saw were offered by Hemingway Galleries in New York. I haven't had any contact with them in years, don't know if they are still in business.

If the price is right, I could sculpt a base, mold and cast it with the animals in relief. The ebony could be replicated in resin, and if you wanted the type with silver fittings, that could be arranged too. Email me at wildart@prodigy.net for specifics. Have clay, will sculpt....LOL

Hey Curr

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/22/04 at 11:28 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.245

Why does Kenneth like seeing "your back?" Just wondering of course.

Oh, you mean seeing you're back. I get it now. Amazing how the lack of an apostrophy and a letter makes a world of difference.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu