Deer Hunters Hunted

Submitted by tomdes on 11/22/04 at 10:10 PM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 24.58.211.158

As the deer season opened up today in NY, I came home after a long arduous days hunt to hear this story of 5 fellow hunters (we're all brethren) gunned down by an asian hunter. It turned my stomach, my heart goes out to their families and to the small tight knit town. I hope he gets the death penalty, he totally deserves it!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Confused

This response submitted by BOB on 11/22/04 at 11:16 PM. ( ) 24.19.142.57

Hey tomdes, you mentioned that they were gunned down by an asian. What's race have to do with this?

BOB

Yes it's been covered here

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/22/04 at 11:24 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.245

Go down several posts to News Alert Update (11/22/04)

To me it appears more like gunned down in a fit of rage vs. "hunted."

Its going to get worse.

This response submitted by John C on 11/23/04 at 12:39 AM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

We have had Cubans and Veitnames here.

They alway act like they dont know the laws and just as happened up north. They steal your deerstands, pretend they dont understand english.

My words are you understand enough to buy a hunting or fishing license. they understand enough to know the laws.

I had one setting in my treestand when I lived in kansas, he refused to leave, he was trespassing the MORRIS COUNTY (FATMAN) sheriff refused to do anything, but one 30.06 round busted the chain and gookmandue fell with stand on top of him.

I have friends in the Gulf that Shrimp, same crap the Gooks refuse to follow the laws there too.

Hell I am expected to follow the law, WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO POACH AND BREAK THEM?

I for one am damn tired of catching hell for not being politically correct.

Screw it do what you have to do to make things right!

John C

This response submitted by (Okie) Rick Carter on 11/23/04 at 1:51 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

I couldn't have said it better myself.You hit the nail on the head!

Tragic Loss

This response submitted by Smiley on 11/23/04 at 9:02 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

I feel very bad for the families involved. From the sounds of it, this group has gotten together every year to hunt together. Someone above said "what's this have to do with race?" Well, the reason race was brought up is because in the past few years in Wisconsin, there has been numerous problems with the Hmong community walking onto private property and treating as their own. They do not understand the laws on trespassing. I'm not saying they are all this way, but it's just very unfortunate for the one's who are, and give a bad name to the rest of their community. This guy should be SHOT in the head for what he did. Those people didn't even get a chance to defend themselves.

No,

This response submitted by Mike on 11/23/04 at 9:13 AM. ( ) 209.206.208.231

really it should all be over already. The guy should have been shot in the head when they found him. Now we'll get to see all legal costs, publicity and death penalty arguments. In the end he'll probably find some way out of getting what he deserves.

They understand the laws.

This response submitted by John C on 11/23/04 at 11:10 AM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

I dont believe that they dont understand!

Easy way out to say that.

What they are is greedy, I have seen that in several states, they have ZERO regard for any law.

When I was stationed overseas I had to learn the laws of each country I fished in, the laws about what and where I was hunting.

I did not speak the local slang, language. But by God I learned and I had to ask.

So why and the hell is it an exception for a Gook in the USA? Its not!

Its time we stand up to the infiltration and make them learn to live our way ESPECIEALLY WHERE HUNTING AND FISHING is involved.

Last year we had a Mexican kill and 6X6 Bull elk, no license, no hunter ed card, the interpetor said "He thought it was a deer!"

Bull Elk! he should not have been hunting, there are laws, signs he was even hunting in a nohunting zone.

The poacher walked!

No excuse for a POACHER REGARDLESS of RACE,CREED, COLOR or RELIGION!

Maybe I should go kill a BUll ELK without a license and say MY RELIGION TELLS ME TOO!!

Race shouldnt be an issue

This response submitted by OJ on 11/24/04 at 9:34 AM. ( ) 64.108.146.33

Those of in WI have had problems with the Hmong population, no arguement there. But we have violators of every race. it isnt skin color- its the attitude. I have heard word that the victims were using racial slurs before the shooting which isnt right either. I agree the guy should be put to death, no matter his color. Unfortunately, WI doesnt have the death penalty. Maybe we should just let the guy out in the woods again.................

Deer Hunters Hunted

This response submitted by Ron on 11/24/04 at 1:07 PM. ( ) 169.203.127.195

I agree with those that say race isn't the issue. It isn't. There are good people in every race of people. I am a twenty year veteran of the Army and mixed Native American and European American ancestry so i have seen lots of racism. For those of you who say you found someone in your stand. If the sheriff did not do anything that is right in many cases. They are not obligated to poachers. Game wardens on the other hand are and that who should be contacted in situations like that. Not knowing the language is not an excuse and they get punished the same as anyone else, if caught. and game wardens do not accept "I don't speak English." The fact is we are in short supply of wardens. We always have the right to make citizens arrests, but do you want to risk an armed confrontation? The best thing in all situations is to locate a game warden, get a license number of a vehicle, and watch the person at a distance, and file charges. The media is dead wrong for even bringing up the man in Wisc race. It did not matter what race he is from, it only mattered that he killed people. Unfortunately he killed those men and he is probably the only witness left alive so it will probably go in his favor. If you catch a white guy in your stand do you say I caught a white guy in my stand? probably not. Lets leave race out of all issues, it does not matter.

BOB..

This response submitted by tomdes on 11/24/04 at 2:38 PM. ( ) 24.58.211.158

Race has nothing to do with it, that was the facts of the story, of which I'm sure you've read by now I hope..

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu