Thanks for your prayers

Submitted by Leanna on 11/23/04 at 2:08 PM. ( scardeer@frontiernet.net ) 170.215.0.12

Thank you guys so much for thinking of my dad with prayers. It means a lot to me. And for me and my family. This just hurts so deep I'm finding many new feelings going through me that are both good and scary. We are all getting on though...if I didn't dad would ream me a new one for sure. This won't mean much to all of you, but I want you all to know what a marvel my dad was. God. Was. He was the best. He was intelligent as well as plain smart, he was handsome, kind, thoughtful, funny as all get out, he could be an asshole of the grandest kind (mom always said I was just like dad!) and he was tender and caring and soft. He had the strongest handshake of anyone I'll ever know, and the gentlest hands holding my babies. He taught me respect, honor, honesty, and to like myself. He taught me morals and taught me to kick butt if I had to. And he has a really cool signature. Two weeks ago, I asked him to sign his initials on a piece of paper for me because I was going to have something engraved for him. He was pretty weak already, and it took a few signings to get one HE liked (machinist, precisely picky his whole life) so the Tuesday before he died, he got to see my wrist engraved with his initials...he really thought that was pretty cool. My first tatoo.

Thanks again. I miss all you guys.

Love you George.
Love you Bill.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Leanna

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 11/23/04 at 2:41 PM. ( NaturesTrophies,aol ) 64.12.116.135

Sounds like a great man who will live forever in your heart and actions. God Bless. Jeff F.

Leanna...................

This response submitted by Jack M. on 11/23/04 at 2:52 PM. ( slugger332002@yahoo.com ) 216.81.98.47

I watched my baby sister die at age 22, divorced from a non-supporting playboy who left her sick, and with a 8 month old baby boy and a two year old girl. Leukemia. We could do nothing to help her physically only financially. A part of all of us died with her. She had one of the longest line of mourners you will ever see. Her 2 yr. old is now 25 with a college degree and good paying job with a corp. The 8 month old has been in the military for some time now as a jet engine mechanic. Each time I see them I get teary eyed, and feel the empty spot in my heart my sister left when she departed. I only wish she could have been there to see her little girl as an honor graduate from her college and what both of her babies have done with the life she gave them. I have lost friends on the battlefield in Vietnam. I can feel your families loss and you have my most sincere condolences. May God be with you and your family and hold you closer than most. Sincerely, Jack.

Leanna

This response submitted by wetnwild on 11/23/04 at 3:12 PM. ( ) 24.128.109.191

Sorry to hear and our prayers are with you during this holiday season. Hang in there, i am sure he would have wanted you to also
Tom and deb

Leanna

This response submitted by Joe on 11/23/04 at 5:07 PM. ( mt_fuji@hotmail.com ) 207.224.10.213

I don't know your Dad from Adam, but the way you describe him is the way any father would be proud of. I hope I am as blessed as he was to have such a supporting daughter. Cry a lot, laugh a lot, live a lot and love til your dying breath.
Bless you,
Joe

For all who lost a Dad.

This response submitted by Mr. T on 11/23/04 at 7:52 PM. ( ) 64.31.7.71

FATHER
BY EDGAR A. GUEST

Used to wonder just why father
Never had much time for play,
Used to wonder why he'd rather
Work each minute of the day.
Used to wonder why he never
Loafed along the road an' shirked;
Can't recall a time whenever
Father played while others worked.

Father didn't dress in fashion,
Sort of hated clothing new;
Style with him was not a passion;
He had other things in view.
Boys and girls are blind too much that's going
On about ‘em day by day,
And I had no way of knowing
What became of father's pay.
All I knew was when I needed
Shoes I got ‘ em on the spot;
Everything, for which I pleaded,
Somehow father always got.
Wondered, season after season,
Why he never took a rest,
And that I might be the reason
Then I never even guessed.

Father set a store on knowledge;
If he'd lived to have his way
He'd have sent me off to college
And the bills been glad to pay.
That, I know, was his ambition:
Now and then he used to say
He'd have done his earthly mission
On my graduation day.

Saw his cheeks were getting paler,
Didn't understand just why:
Saw his body growing frailer,
Then at last I saw him die.
Rest had come! His tasks were ended,
Calm was written on his brow;
Father's life was big and splendid,
And I understand it now.

Leanna

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/24/04 at 1:46 AM. ( ) 66.133.133.43

Its ok to talk about your Dad in the present tense. He IS a great guy, and is a good father. I KNOW he is, because you know how I feel about you, you are one of my closest friends, and I KNOW he raised you right. Im happy youre back in here again.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu