Cecil, do you know this person?

Submitted by George on 11/17/04 at 7:53 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.9

AP reports that Karin Robertson,24, an Indiana fish biologist, has been named to chair the Fish Empathy Program for PETA. She claims that fish are intelligent creatures who feel the shock and pain of being caught and is striving to eliminate this sadistic treatment of these caring animals.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Oops!, I never saw Randy's post

This response submitted by George on 11/17/04 at 7:55 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

But just had to ask Cecil anyway. LOL

No I don't George, but I was shocked to see that

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/17/04 at 10:14 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.105

If the story is correct -- (sometimes they are not accurate). There is a fisheries biologist by that name in a district in northwest Indiana in town called North Judson. I've never met the man although I personally know other biolgists in the state.

Hard to believe a biolgist's daughter would feel this way, but one never knows. Sometimes we have no control of what our children do. If this is indeed true I don't believe for one minute a fisheries biologist shares her views.

I could find out but I have to be careful. I believe I'm already on a list of folks they consider problematic as I speak up when I don't agree with something.

I bit the bullet and sent an email to a biologist I know

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/17/04 at 10:35 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.105

I'll let you know what I find out George. Should be interesting.

Yes it's correct

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/17/04 at 11:16 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.105

Indiana Department of Natural Resources is aware of it. However I don't see that this biologist should be prosecuted for his daughters indescretion if that is anyone's intent.

Here's is the IDNR's response to this issue

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/17/04 at 12:39 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.105

The DFW supports sport fishing as a legitimate use of the resource including multiple use that comes from catch and release fishing primarily for predators. The DFW has a long history of protecting resources based on sportsman dollars for license and Federal tax on equipment. We have common ground with animal rights organizations that support habitat protection, limit invasive species introductions, and reduction of contaminants in nature but respectively disagree on responsible uses of wild animal populations for hunting and fishing.

Very soon

This response submitted by Alex on 11/17/04 at 1:56 PM. ( ) 66.32.151.154

Lettuce and tomatoes will feel so we can't harvest and eat those either, so we have to eat dirt, no wait I forgot mother earth feels as it is god Guiana so don't eat dirt either, This guys are Jerks.

It's the same mentality of folks

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/17/04 at 4:29 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.248

that are causing childhood diseases to make a comeback because they refuse to immunize their kids. They claim the immunization causes autism or similar problems, but there is NO data whatsoever to back that up.

We actually have people that have no idea where the meat in cellophane packages in the meat department comes from. What do they think it's replicated on Star Trek? Can you believe it?

Gotta watch those young "biologists"

This response submitted by Mark on 11/17/04 at 4:58 PM. ( ) 68.97.149.238

I met a girl whose about that same age and was then employed by the USFWS. I asked her if she would work with me on any legal bird specimens killed for study....I wanted to either mount it for my own collection or submit it to a local museum [if protected]. She went crazy! How dare I talk about killing any birds? How dare I mention any killing to a biologist? Hooey! I have a relative [long ago retired from the USFWS as a wildlife biologist] and he told me how birds, fish and mammals were regularly shot or trapped for random study. I was way too young at the time he was on the job to get any of that good stuff for taxidermy, but he made a lot more sense about real conservation, hunting and even wasted tax dollars on frivolous species.
There is so much opposition to any kind of hunting and fishing [sport or commercial] in the circles of the new biology students and some new age teachers. This whole environmental thing is really taken too far and I'm beginning to see more crap about "Mother Earth." No thanks! I did not evolve from a rock, piece of dirt or even an earth worm!
Alex, the name of the deity [not mine, ha] is Gaia. I'm getting rather sick of all the honor given to the pagan MYTHICAL stuff that never existed in the first place. I don't bow down to myths and legends!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu