Brown label Lysol

Submitted by Bill Yox on 11/24/04 at 11:55 PM. ( ) 67.138.9.45

I know that Ive seen you guys talk of brown label Lysol in the past, and that you couldnt find it any longer. Well, I saw it the other day, while I was on the cheap at Walmart. Smells the same as the old original, too. Just thought Id let you guys know.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

OK, what's the joke

This response submitted by George on 11/25/04 at 12:45 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.136

I'm not buying the Bill Yox name and it's not the color of the bottle, it's the ingredients that are useless (not that they ever were a whole lot anyway).

It don't smell the same

This response submitted by johnc on 11/25/04 at 1:58 AM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

for those of you looking for phenol, carbolic acid, look to your local horse supply.

Absobine sells a Thrush Remedy, its 100% Phenol!
Thrush is a bacteria.

Its works and the LOW pH, The Lysol is nolonger of low pH.

A thrush is a bird !

This response submitted by BillyBobEarlDot boy on 11/25/04 at 9:23 AM. ( whatever ) 68.156.127.199

Actually "Thrush" is a fungal disease, its actually a yeast Candida albicans...yep same stuff the wimmens suffer from...cept its called thrush when its oral, babies getit.......it ain't the same kind of yeast that beer/bread is made out of guys so don't get excited

Concentrated Lysol....

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 11/25/04 at 11:17 AM. ( NaturesTrophies,aol ) 152.163.100.136

isn't the same makeup that it used to be but can still be effectively used in some applications such as fish soaks. Happy Holidays! Jeff F.

Lysol

This response submitted by Alex on 11/25/04 at 12:49 PM. ( ) 66.32.148.138

Lysol is still effective in many types of bacterias, but there are better and even cheaper substitutes such as "Sanizone",($13.00 a Gallon) which is used by hospitals to dissinfect walls beds and operating rooms ,i have used now for 2 years in all types of tans and situations, including cleanning my marmol skinning tables and floors.

ok, I GIVE!

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/26/04 at 4:23 PM. ( ) 67.138.11.43

Yes, it was ME who posted that, but I dont know about all the rest. I recalled a conversation about brown label Lysol, and saw it the other day at the store, thats ALL! If its the same old bottle but not the same old stuff inside, well... I dont use it anyway! Just thought Id pass it along. Hope all is well with your choices of replacements!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu