Virus info update

Submitted by Glen Conley on 11/27/04 at 5:07 PM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.104.102.23

I have posted off and on over the past few weeks regarding combinations of e-mail addresses that could indicate a person owned a computer that was sending out "spoofed" sender names with a virus attachment.

One of three things:
Either the computers got "cleaned up" by using the free virus scan on hidetanning.net, courtesy of Trend Micro, the person/s that have such a computer/s haven't been going on line for the past few days, or their computer/s got ATE!

Do not be hesitant to refer a friend or family member to the free scan on hidetanning.net, or be hesitant to use it yourself. If in doubt, check it out. A free scan is cheaper than a new computer.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Glen

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 11/28/04 at 9:37 AM. ( NaturesTrophies,aol ) 152.163.100.135

As I stated, I had to do a manual crash. I then rebooted, and updated to aol 9.0, installed McAfee, got my microsoft updates, and installed new firewalls. Sincerest apologies if it was my computer. I just didn't have the time to do it sooner and WILL NOT let it happen again. Peace- Jeff F.

Don't take it personal, Jeff!

This response submitted by Glen on 11/28/04 at 10:32 AM. ( ) 70.104.102.23

I seriously doubt you could beat the record number of viruses that Dave B. was hoarding! LMAO I think it was something like 16 or 17.

We got him cleaned up too though. I can't remember for sure, but I'm thinking like around 60 people used the scan after my last posting with e-mail address combinations.

Something I would suggest everyone do, is take advantage of the free virus alert that Trend Micro offers on the same page of hidetanning.net. You have to remember, they are dealing in real time, and those alerts come through NOW! They have even advised when there has been security issues with MicroSoft. Those kind of warnings can make the difference between having a computer, and not having a computer.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu