stuck with mounts

Submitted by ryan on 11/27/04 at 5:52 PM. ( rjrtaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 70.20.2.55

if you get stuck with a mount and a customer wont pick it up or return your calls, what are the legal steps to selling it? is there a certain period of time or what? any info would be appreciated. i know its illegal to sell migratory birds, this is about fish. thanks

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

TRAPPER

This response submitted by TrAPPER on 11/27/04 at 6:34 PM. ( ) 69.14.195.217

Did you at least get 1/2 down? If its federal migratory then your screwed...Donation is a (fiscal/year end) choice...Your former school will probably be happy to get it (tax deduction) Courts will cost more than you're probably gonna get back...I've mailed a friendly but firm letter(court bluff) and have gotten lucky and kept my name clean(cause it always the Taxidermist who is the @#*hole,right?)Or its a start on a show room. If you really want your money, find someone who will but it, I guarentee this this turd will show up within 24 hours wanting to get his mount...Trust me!(Did he call you asking how much longer it was going to take? Or just stopped by without calling? I think that I know this roid)

ryan

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/27/04 at 10:20 PM. ( ) 67.138.9.243

Sometimes this depends on where you live, and also the terms of your invoice as a contract. Id call a local court clerk first and go from there. Obviously you wanna keep all correspondence and any paperwork along the way.

Try a certified letter

This response submitted by jerry on 11/28/04 at 11:45 AM. ( ) 69.169.232.143

Send a certified letter that if it isn't picked within a certain time it becomes the property of your company. If the guy signs for it, keep the return slip and you have him. If he doesn't pick up the letter, the PO will return it. Keep it unopened. Hope this helps.

thanks

This response submitted by ryan on 11/28/04 at 1:27 PM. ( ) 70.20.2.55

have sent certified letters already, will try one last time. thatnks for the info. ryan

>>>What does YOUR CONTRACT SAY?<<<

This response submitted by Old Pro Taxidermist on 11/28/04 at 2:49 PM. ( ) 69.171.249.149

Ryan,

These questions should be answered and covered in your CONTRACT. What does your contract say?

All of these "business matters" and common questions have been answered many, many, many, many , times.

A contract protects you as well as protects the client..........

Contract

This response submitted by Terry on 11/29/04 at 12:28 AM. ( ) 208.135.164.33

I have it in my contract that the customer MUST sign.It states that any mount not picked up within 30 days after notice of completion will belong to my shop to do with it as I see fit.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu