Best. what a word.

Submitted by John C on 11/28/04 at 11:08 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

I see people asking what the BEST everything is.

BEST is what works for you.

Since there is none or little controled testing of anything in the taxidermy world. I personally will seldom recommend something as the best.

Hide paste the best for gameheads is Epo-Grip 2 part.

Best tanning? Everyone has their favorite.
A Beginner is going to have trouble with any of them.
A Pro can make any of them work.

BEST DEER FORMS?
The ones you like best, lots of people like Joe Combs forms, I dont I seldom use one. I also see where people are showing every form made to their customers, WHY?

You are going to mount a deer on a Northern style form and its a deer from Alabama? Its not going to look right.

Use the forms from your area and they will be fine. Some forms can work for any deer.

So if I do Jimmy Bob Joe's Buck on a Rinefart form. Dooley joe Bill comes in and says I want one like JBJoe's. But Dooleys is a slim faced southern deer.

I tend to sstick with one companies forms. I have three on hand at all times, 19,21,23 I do a test fit of the cape, so I dont have to worry about the sculptors having a difference of opinion with a deers anatomy.

Some forms from company to cpmpany a 21" is not a 21" so now you have a form with a skinny prerutt 20" instead of a swelled 19"

Do you see where this is going? If not drop back and punt maybe you can scramble the forms and find a form to fit and look right.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Amen

This response submitted by Bill on 11/28/04 at 11:33 PM. ( ) 4.225.173.200

Well said.

I totally agree

This response submitted by Ron on 11/28/04 at 11:49 PM. ( ) 205.231.189.162

I've used it all, and though I have favorites of everything, it all works. If not it wouldn't last long in the industry.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu