Dumbests customers question of the week.

Submitted by RJ Simington on 11/1/04 at 10:22 PM. ( animalartsnw@charter.net ) 68.186.0.103

Just when you think youve heard it all,
I had a client bring a deer in today to mount,
He comes in my large show room filled with animals & he asks, ( DID YOU MOUNT These animals.)
I felt kind of aw struck , but replied without thinking.

Does the word DUH mean anything to you !

Luckily he had a good sence of humor & quikly said that was a stupid question huh ?

Next time I think I better be a little more prepaired with a come back that isnt as blunt.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

RJ

This response submitted by gordon on 11/1/04 at 10:34 PM. ( ) 142.177.73.62

Some taxidermist have "collections" they did not mount. Logical.

What about the women?

This response submitted by Paul I on 11/1/04 at 10:39 PM. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.133.231

What about all the women on here who do the mounting and might have a male helper.LOL

Maybe he was a sicko

This response submitted by dan on 11/1/04 at 10:40 PM. ( ) 4.7.165.88

Horney taxidermist mount just about anything.....

Who was it, Bill Engvall?

This response submitted by George on 11/1/04 at 11:20 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.135

That had the song, "Here's your Stupid sign". Stupid people should have to wear them. Cecil has a personal one he wears. Your story reminds me of one where a guy drove a tractor trailor under an overpass that was too low. The truck was wedged in. The cop shows up and says, "Did you drive that rig under there". And the driver says," NO! I was hauling it around all day on top of the truck and just had the luck to bang into that abutment there." My brother in law was walking out of the house last winter and he slipped on the ice. He slid across the driveway and kept himself from slipping under his car by catching the bumper as it came by. My sister came out and said, "Did you fall?" He said, "Oh hell no. I just thought it would be a good time to check for oil leaks." Here's your sign!

yep

This response submitted by Jeanette Hall on 11/2/04 at 1:53 AM. ( Eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 63.86.173.213

I am constanly asked if I'm the secratary, or "Can I speak to the taxidermist?" on the phone, even though I always answer the phone "Jeanette's taxidermy". And of course, when people come into my showroom, "Did you mount these?" UMMMM, Heeeeeelllllooooooo? It used to offend me, now I just chuckle.

RJ

This response submitted by Asher on 11/2/04 at 5:18 AM. ( ) 68.116.62.142

Your in Southern Oregon ... what do you expect? LOL

I get the same thing Jeanette

This response submitted by Michelle B on 11/2/04 at 5:58 AM. ( laurelmt@lhtc.net ) 65.167.183.38

I answer the phone & they say "can I speak to the taxidermist?" I reply" "that's me" or "you have her". And I always get "YOU'RE the taxidermist?" or When they answer, they'll ask if this is Laurel Mtn. Taxidermy, then ask to speak to my husband. When they come in the shop an I get "Do YOU do all this?" My names not in my business name like yours Jeanette, but why all the shock & surprise?

phone sales

This response submitted by gill from lewistown taxidermy on 11/2/04 at 9:32 AM. ( ) 216.228.55.172

I got a sales person ask if they could speak to Mister Taxidermy. I replied excuse me? He said, He would like to speak to Lewistown, Mister Lewistown Taxidermy. I said are you kidding me?! CLICK!
I have also had guys ask, How much to mount my wife? My reply, The better looking, the cheaper to mount. A stupid answer, for a stupid question.
Gill

Women can't do deer

This response submitted by Jan Van Hoesen on 11/2/04 at 9:35 AM. ( vanhoese@freeway.net ) 216.93.55.197

Just thought I'd add my funny story. Back when I was still mounting deer, I had a customer come in wirh a deer for me to mount. He said his buddy had a nice deer too but wounldn't bring it to me to mount. He said that a woman couldn't possibly do a deer correctly. Right then I knew I wouldn't mount that guy's deer for any amount of money. It's diffficult to imagine that some men are actually that narrow minded.

got one too

This response submitted by brice on 11/2/04 at 9:56 AM. ( ) 65.114.92.161

my wife and i are both 26. we both look young for our age. in fact, everytime i buy paint or laquer thinner at walmart, they ask if i am 18. I have been doing taxidermy since 95 and went full time in 2001. in my area, my reputation speaks for itself. but about 1 in 10 new customers react in one of three ways.

1. after speaking to me on the phone, they arrive, and ask if my dad is home.

2. they find out from my wife that she has the same name as that taxidermist they have heard about, and they ask her......"is your dad the taxidermist?"

3. they arrive while i am in the shop, and upon entering, they look at me and proceed to look around the shop to see where the taxidermist is.

Here's my favorite....

This response submitted by Hacksidermist on 11/2/04 at 9:22 PM. ( ) 206.176.212.99

My favorite happened 2 years ago... A customer called and asked if I could do a shoulder mount for him on a nice 10 point whitetail. He brought it over and to my surprise, he had cut it off about 6" below the ears! It took a little while for me to explain the meaning of "shoulder mount" to him. DUH! I was happy to sell him a replacement cape!

Hacksidermist....

This response submitted by Michelle B on 11/2/04 at 10:38 PM. ( laurelmt@lhtc.net ) 65.167.183.82

Swear to God, the same exact thing happened to me 2 yrs ago. And the guy was dumb-founded that I couldn't do a shoulder mount w/ his cape, or should I say head hide.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu