America on the Brink

Submitted by Ken Edwards on 11/1/04 at 10:35 PM. ( ken@taxidermy.net ) 4.154.64.92

I thought I would weigh in with my opinion as well, since it seems like everyone is spouting off today. All year, I had high confidence in the outcome of this election, thinking that the American people were too smart to be duped by a slick media campaign and a polished speaker. But now, as the outcome draws near, I have lost that confidience, and I am truly worried.

They now say that the undecided voters will choose our next president. I cannot understand at this point how anyone could be undecided on this race. The difference between the candidates could not be any clearer. We are not only choosing a President, we are choosing the very direction our country will be taking for the next decade and beyond.

If I were a science fiction writer or a horror novelist, try as I might, I could not have constructed a believable scenario in which two of the most liberal senators would end up having any chance at occupying the White House. Yet, through the attacks of 9-11 and the relentless manipulation of the media by Hollywood and the elitist left, this nightmare scenario is somehow upon us.

When I see people from our industry supporting the most liberal ticket of all time, I am truly baffled. How can you support a candidate who will hasten the end of hunting and fishing? How can you align your vote with Michael Moore, the ACLU and PETA? How can you support a person who has no personal convictions? How can you support someone who will weaken America in this critical time in our planet's history?

Remember Jimmy Carter, our last liberal president? Remember his mishandling of the Iran hostage crisis? Remember him giving away the Panama Canal? Remember 15% inflation? Remember 9% unemployment? Many small business went under. Those miserable years could pail in comparison to the consequences from a Kerry administration.

We must support our president. We are at war. This war was started over 30 years ago by Muslim extremists, but no one until George W. Bush had the fortitude to finish it. We must let him finish it. God help us if Kerry wins; a worldwide disaster beyond our comprehension could be in the making.

So here we are, poised at a place in time where there are two very different futures ahead of us, and they are teetering precariously in the balance. The lives of our children and our livelihoods depend upon what happens in the next 24 hours.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Your a better man

This response submitted by Paul I on 11/1/04 at 10:58 PM. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.133.231

Your a better man then I will ever be.Reading your thoughts I still cant get over the fact that you did not involve your opinions in this forum.You should run for office.LOL

Refreshing

This response submitted by Jeff "458okie" W. on 11/1/04 at 11:09 PM. ( deerhearse@hotmail.com ) 64.12.117.11

Ken,

THANKS! (I feel the same way!)

-Jeff W.

Cecil should be please, Ken

This response submitted by George on 11/1/04 at 11:11 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.135

That with your convictions and eloquency that YOU control the delete button and not me. Him and his weasels are an insult to all of us who've actually had to work to achieve what modicum of success we enjoy. Thanks for being a true gentleman. You're a much stronger man than I am.

We will survive (Lord willing)

This response submitted by Dustin W. newer on 11/1/04 at 11:50 PM. ( dustyn5@hotmail.com ) 24.116.28.82

We survived, somehow, through 8 years of unchecked terrorism, homosexualism in the military, military cutbacks, sex scandles, Red Chinese Communist visiting the white house, making campaign contributions, and taking out most guared nuclear secrets. We survived 8 years of an UNchecked terrorist regime in Iraq, free to do his evil will at a threat of a cruise missile every now and then. If John kerry is elected tomorrow, although it will be a dark day for this nation, the nation will rise up and hold him accountable. I, unlike Mr. Ken Edwards, however, still believe that this country WILL NOT BE RAN BY HOLLYWOOD, and the MTV crowd. I HOPE AND PRAY that this country will not be swayed by the likes of eminem, micheal moore, abortionists, homosexuals, the uneducated ignorant masses, people so out of touch with what this country was founded on over 200 years ago. I pray that the people of this country did not forget the Alfred P. Murrah building, the USS Cole, Khobar towers, the Pentagon, the World Trade center, the us embassies in Africa. I pray that the people of America do not forget the heroes that took down a plane destined to murder countless more Americans, sacrificing their own lives in a selfless, heroic effort to thwart the evil plans of terrorists. I pray the people of America do not forget the veterans that fought and died in Vietnam, when a young JOHN KERRY virtually spit in the face of over 2 million veterans. I pray that America does not forget the young men and women and their families currently fighting for OUR safety and freedom from would be terrorist.
Maybe i am a nieve young patriot who has lost site of the cold hard reality, I guess sometime (hopefully tomorrow night) I will truley know for sure. Won't you pray with me?
God help us all.

Fine post Ken

This response submitted by Mr Kim on 11/1/04 at 11:53 PM. ( ) 69.171.249.149

Ken,

I just got out of the hospital and luckly clicked on your post. It was great. You have proven yourself up and above most posters with thought and a possible futuristic drama which can be blamed on the emotional voters. That is why we must vote with knowledge and facts and not vote the "party" line. If Kerry does win, all of us will pay a terrible price. Most people never truly appreciate our many freedoms until they go away....ome by one....

Laters,

Mr Kim

Ken

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/2/04 at 12:29 AM. ( ) 67.138.15.210

I knew I could count on you...thank you.

Good Job Ken

This response submitted by Jack on 11/2/04 at 5:37 AM. ( slugger332002@yahoo.com ) 216.81.98.100

As a Vietnam vet., I could not agree with you more. Kerry didn't just affect George, he scarred everyone of us who served honorably and was lucky enough to return. The sad part is, a lot of his votes will come from younger generations, who just "think" that all the swiftboat ads are a fabricated political lie. They could though the freedom of information act, see Kerrys' voting record in the Senate, and that alone should send up "big" red flags.
I don't feel we should all be involved in ALL areas of the political arena, however, we better get involved the the areas that can affect us and our living. Just my thoughts for what they are worth. Jack.

Ken

This response submitted by DaveT on 11/2/04 at 5:37 AM. ( ) 64.72.57.250

Thank you and I too share your worry. I honestly do not believe the folks on here supporting Kerry have any idea what they are trying to get America into. And no "I told you so" is going to make it any if these two liberal whackjobs come into power. The only bright spot is that we will still have a republican majority in congress.

Of course President Bush can still win and then we will not have to worry about all this crap.

DaveT

Great job Ken

This response submitted by JEM on 11/2/04 at 8:41 AM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

I also am very worried. Not only about this election but about what we are becoming. We used to be a country that was not affraid of hard work. A country that stood for it's word. What we are becoming is a country of used car salesmen. We turn away from hard work. We are affraid of a President that tells us the hard to hear things. We would much rather be told just what we want to hear. As I posted a week ago - this is the greatest country on earth, but I'm affraid we are slipping. George Bush stands for hard work - Kerry stands for 'tell me all the good things'. John Kerry is the prime example of 'political correctness' that muddles our everyday life so much -he tries never to say anything that offends anyone, when he does offend he simply changes his position. Well you know something, you have to have convictions & you have to be willing to stand strong to your convictions. NOBODY can please everyone no matter how hard he try. Come on America pull up your britches and lets face a hard days work.

Ken , I respectfully disagree

This response submitted by Jim Burnside on 11/2/04 at 9:35 AM. ( ) 68.135.130.118

Ken , I started to not respond ,but this is America and I have to respectfully disagree with you . You run a great web site and WASCO has been a valuable tool to my work since the day that Sally started the business .
I voted for George W. Bush in 2000 . at that time I felt he was the best choice , I have watched the Bush camp run an arrogant and secret behind closed doors 4 years and I feel that they have constantly mis-lead the American people on everything from war to jobs and have used the religion and gun issue to get the votes to be reelected .
I watched Geroge W. Bush stumble through the debates and if you just watch him as he speaks on the campaign trail , he is constantly reading his notes , it is hard to beleive that we have a President that after 4 years still hasn't been able to refine these speaking skills ,which is the sign of a powerful and strong leader.
You mentioned we are at war , I think we all realize this , the man we are at war with thumbed his nose at Bush a few days ago ,as if to say here I am still out here and you still haven't caught me like you swore you would , Bin Liden was the master-mind of 9-11 ,not a weak Saddam , that had been weakened by years of sanctions during the Clinton years , he was no threat , but poor judgement and a personal grudge against Saddam by Bush lead to a war that is costing us greatly in lives as well as billions of dollars that could be used to stop terrorist in places where they are and to protect our homelands .
An on the gun issue , I have been a Taxidermist since starting working in 1962 as a young helper of a neighbor that did Taxidermy , I have continued this work because I love doing it and the only years that I have not been able to do Taxidermy were the years that I spent in Vietnam during the mid and late 1960's . I feel that the gun issue has greatly became a political agenda , the revenue that is brought in for hunting related sales is in the billions of dollars ,and no President , whether it be Democrat or Republican would ever think of trying to do away with something this huge . Sadly the Republican Party and the NRA have tryed to make people think otherwise and it has worked with the less intelligent Americans out there .
For the past several months I have been called many names because , I feel and beleive the way I do , I have been called un-patroitic as well as many other names , but not once have I called a name back , I feel that John Kerry may not be the best choice , but he still is a better choice than the President we have now . I am thinking of the younger generation , not myself and if Bush continues the way he has the next 4 years , I feel really sorry for America , the Country I love ...... Have a good day ....... Jim Burnside

poor Jim

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/2/04 at 9:41 AM. ( ) 67.138.9.172

All that response, and one thing that stood out GLARINGLY to me is this...you honestly think that Osama snubbed his nose at Bush? With that kind of insular thinking its no wonder youll follow the flute music of change to kerry camp.

Osama snubbed his nose at the president...and the challenger, and the military, the country, the world...YOU!

Jim, you're still unconnected to the industry

This response submitted by George on 11/2/04 at 10:01 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

You just "don't get it" and probably never will. "Ask Marilyn" in Sunday's PARADE magazine addressed people like you when she discussed the "conspiracy theorists". Marily explained that no amount of logic, common sense, or proof will ever suffice those who have this mental challenge of some dark "Right wing conspiracy". Even when it's provided, you and the Cecils of this world pooh pooh it and your most common retort is "That's just what they want you to think." So in that light, I have to hope and pray that there'll always be more of "us" than there are of "them" so that this great Nation isn't emasculated by the misguided feel good logic in today's world and more specifically, by people like you.

Nice post Ken

This response submitted by John C on 11/2/04 at 11:13 AM. ( Vote for President BUSH ) 70.178.74.104

Very good!

How can anyone follow the Hollywood crowd?
The one person from Hollywood with a Brain is now the Calee-fonya Governer.

Many of the stars just barely high school educated.
They have millions if dollars.

What realworld jobs have the held?. Most don't come from a working background, they spend years learning to act.

What has acting to do with the BLUE COLLAR WORKER?

Few hunt or fish or doing anything outdoors, except snowski.

You dont see them packing up and heading to the deerwoods or duck timber.

They eat meals that most of us would not touch why? they have the money. But yet s certian group on the boards are trying to follow them.

Hw can anybody vote Democrate in this election.
its there is black and white what the democrate agenda is, do you really think that PETA will continue to allow Cecil to raise his fish? then kill them for taxidermy purpose? Canned hunts are gone as will be Cecil's fish!

Clinton the most Disrepectfull person to ever be in the Whitehouse, stands there beside Kerry and endorses him.
Then you still want to vote for the big richard from MASS.

Can you not see the new Carhart coat that Kerry is wearing? Do you not think its subliminal messege, he never worked a day in his life.

He has voted against everything that the working taxidermy industry needs and stands for.

It is a terrible shame that education does not mean you are smart.

The demo group on here are really blind to the facts or lack common sense. Its people like these the Kerry campain is counting on.

Its the low class, I have to blame someone, my Ancestors were slaves Kerry is counting on.

See the spread, few Middle class Americans will vote for President Bush.

I really feel you will see another Jimmy Carter type era.

You say Bush has lost the jobs? Thats not so, NAFTA lost the jobs, who signed NAFTA into LAW? Who voted for NAFTA?

My town had several plants shutdown because of NAFTA, well if you can hire workers for fifty cents a day verses having to pay Social Security and other wages.

How can it be good for the American people?

The UN has already passed an INTERNATIONAL LAW, banning privatly owned firearms. Clinton want to head the UN.

ARE YOU REALLY THAT FRICKEN BLIND?

Here's who voted for and against Nafta

This response submitted by M Giant on 11/2/04 at 12:27 PM. ( ) 12.156.65.217

In 1992, U.S. President George Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, and Mexican President Carlos Salinas de Gortari signed The North American Trade Agreement proposed by Mexico. The agreement was designed to eliminate barriers to trade and investment in North America. Congress had given special right to President Bush which enabled him to negotiate with Canada and Mexico and leave Congress voting for or against agreement without amendment. New President - Clinton - also supported NAFTA. Under his guidance three side accords (supplemental agreements) were signed in August 1993.

The vote for Nafta was as follows:
House of Representatives: For 234 - Against 200

For: Rep. 132 - Dem. 102
Against: Rep43 - Dem. 156 - Independents 1

Senate: For 61 _ Against 38

For: Rep. 34 - Dem. 27
Against: Rep. 10 - Dem. 28

For God's sakes M. Giant

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/2/04 at 3:17 PM. ( ) 63.115.128.155

They're not interested in the facts! Paaaaleeeezee! LOL

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu