Glen Conley

Submitted by Jeff F. on 11/2/04 at 12:02 AM. ( NaturesTrophies,aol ) 205.188.116.202

I apologize for any inconveniances the mossvike address might have caused you. I took time to do a virus check and I have 15 trojan virus' that are uncleanable and the actulice. Not sure if a norton program would effectively contain them or if I'll have to do a complete crash and reload. I'm on it though so it'll be taken care of. Any suggestions highly appreciated! Peace Jeff F.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

gettin rid of them

This response submitted by Byron Leggett on 11/2/04 at 8:32 AM. ( ) 69.29.93.57

Jeff i emailed you.

You can install

This response submitted by Alex on 11/2/04 at 9:17 AM. ( ) 66.32.99.105

Spybot software ,dpwnload free from th net, it will get rid of mst of them

Byron

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 11/2/04 at 9:37 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

I got your mail. Afraid to respond right now. Alex, my wife was also sugeested that one last night. Thanx. Jeff F.

Jeff,

This response submitted by Ye Olde Village Computer Illiterate on 11/2/04 at 11:50 AM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 65.227.21.43

I'm sure your computer is not the only one sending virus attachments with the mossvike address.

I got one from that "address" this morning that showed an origin of:
ampii.com 208.224.3.242
and had the virus attachment: filename "Your_complaint.com"

Ampii.com apparently is a non-existent website address. It is the abbreviation for:
Activity-based Modern Physics Instruction and Implementation

Probably nothing more than some brain child playing around that will quickly tire of such trivial pursuits and move on to something more challenging.

In the meantime, that leaves viruses and hackers to contend with.

Jeff, it did take you some time to do the scan! 49 minutes, and 23 seconds from the time you clicked on the link in this category yesterday evening.............

Virus scans are faster anytime if you empty out your temporary internet files, cookies, and history.

Jeff, you are operating with Windows XP, using Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 browser, your monitor is set to a screen resolution of 800 x 600, and displaying 16M (32-bit) number of colors. Some of you people really should wear clothes when you sit down in front of your monitor.

Keep your shirt on and go to:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx
I suspicion you are a security upgrade or two behind. Bring that up to date. It's FREE.

Also, you might want to do a search for Ad-aware Lavasoft Sweden and get the FREE version of spyware.

Trend Micro has archived the manual removal sequences of many malowares. They don't have an ORANGE BUTTON, so you will have to read.

You might find that they have "pay for" alternatives in the form of automated prgrams. Once you read through a couple of the manual procedures you might be thinking, "Paying is good".
Catch ya later.
Glen

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu