Well today finally has arrived

Submitted by Jim Burnside on 11/2/04 at 10:08 AM. ( ) 68.135.130.118

Well here finally it is November 2 , election day and after months and months of all this political slamming ,it is time to head to the polls and to vote , soon as I get this pheasant where I can leave it , I plan to go get it overwith and cast my vote for a change , John F. Kerry . As I have stated before I voted for Bush in 2000 ,but my conscious just won't let me do it this time around . I feel that 4 more years of the policies going on now under this President will take America to the brink that it will take decades to get back to.
Bush has tryed for many weeks to not mention how things are going in his war in Iraq and he has did well , not many people realize that 68 of our troops died just last month there in a war that our President declarred " Mission Accomplished " a year ago . Soon we will have to try and take some of the areas that has been a hot-bed of resistance for many months , alot of innocent people as well as many of our troops will loose their lives , this is being held off until after the election .
I see Bush as a weak leader , that after 4 years has to stumble through debates and still has to read his notes while on the campaign trail , this shows weakness and poor leadership .
The gun and religion issue bothers me really bad , with George Rove ,the Republican Party has tried to make the American people beleive that you cannot be a Democrat and be a Christian , they have used the religion issue to try and pull votes their way just like the gun issue , any person that really beleives that a President would try and take your guns and hunting priviliges away , has to be very stupid or misguided. Hunting brings in billions and billions of dollars of revenue every year , no leader would ever try and stop anything this huge of a benefit to our Country .
George W. Bush may win this election and if he does I hope he learns to control that arrogant way about him , it will be hard to watch him give that " smirk " that he has grown famous for , a sort of I am better than you smile . Getting back to more serious things , I am not and advocate of " Gloom and Doom " and I pray for what is best for this Nation and if George Bush does win tonight , I hope for the best , but see some really hard times as well as a split Country much more polarized than it is now ...... Have a good day .... Jim Burnside

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

sorry for you Jim

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/2/04 at 10:27 AM. ( ) 67.138.9.172

I honestly think you are DEAD wrong. But you know something, through it all, you at least showed the class like TonyH or Evelyn while choosing kerry. Too many other kerry supporters just wanted to be ugly. I feel you are wrong, and I hope you somehow are the minority today but either way, well...I hope your pheasant turns out good! Uh, try staying on it 'till about, 9:30 pm, ok?

No Bill we're sorry for YOU

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/2/04 at 12:02 PM. ( ) 63.115.128.144

Your heroe will loose in a landslide tonight. How's that for a mandate?

Well thank you Bill

This response submitted by Evelyn on 11/2/04 at 12:12 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

I feel honored for you to put me in a better class of liberals. LOL.

I already voted, so you better hurry so you can cancel out my vote (not that it's gonna make a difference I think). But whoever wins, I will support the winner of this election as best as I can, because that is (in my view) what it means to be an American. We all gonna have to work together, and I believe we can.

Jim's pushed the envelope for me on occasion

This response submitted by George on 11/2/04 at 1:38 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.135

But like Bill, I have to respect him for his convictions. When he didn't have a response, he did have the maturity to stop the comments and not make up the childish chatterings of people like Cecil, Steve, and Mellonhead. Evelyn, you already know I think you're a class act, regardless of the fact you're misguided. LMAO And I've gained great insight and respect for Tony whose kept his word about taking things "personally". Good show you three and you have my respect for that.

As if it matters

This response submitted by Pete-pec on 11/2/04 at 1:40 PM. ( ) 209.83.61.61

Only 50% of the people will win tonight. No matter what, this Country will remain divided. The sad thing is, the only true people to benefit from either decision are the wealthy, who will remain wealthy! Us sorry saps have very little to gain or lose. I just believe we take a football point of view, and we want our team to win. Like any sporting event, when the game is finally over, does it really have any bearing on our little lives. Go out and tell a friend how much you appreciate them, irregardless of their political point of view.

Amen!

This response submitted by Lou on 11/2/04 at 2:48 PM. ( ) 207.199.2.34

Well said Pete!

Nice to hear that George

This response submitted by Jim on 11/2/04 at 2:58 PM. ( ) 64.18.236.169

Sometimes I think we're talking to each other on two way radios, but on different channels. When this election is over I hope NO ONE brings up politics or religion....forever(LOL) The 3 people you mentioned, and I'm probably #4, really are decent and loyal Americans. I guess the acid test will be how we all respond to the results of the epection. I hope and pray we will all unite to support the president, and focus on posotive solutions to the problems that face our country.

Ouch!

This response submitted by Jim on 11/2/04 at 4:02 PM. ( ) 64.18.236.169

"epection" = election
"posotive" = positive

well I hate to say it...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/2/04 at 7:58 PM. ( ) 67.138.9.77

But being old, and set in my ways, Im not going to be a good sport about it if Bush loses. Sorry. Ive learned alot about people around me these last few elections, and its hard for me to just go on as though nothing has happened. Yes, I realize that as a man, I do have a responsibility. But, to be blunt, its not so much Bush losing as it is who would win that sticks in my craw. Worse yet, that people really buy into it. The people are who really dissappoint me. Maybe that offends some of you. Thats why Ill say, in advance, things wont be the same for me. I know, it sounds wrong, but hey, Ive always been honest with you all, havent I?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu