No Cecil, you did not scare me off

Submitted by Michelle Owens on 11/2/04 at 11:12 AM. ( ) 66.194.169.118

A happy election day to you all,

I did my civic duty this morning. I voted. Like I said last week, this is fun place to play, but there is no point proselytizing to any of you, voting is the only forum that counts.

No one scared me off. I simply choose to exert my efforts on things that enrich my life, i.e. earning a paycheck. I could squander hours in this place, as some of you do, but I really have no desire too.

A true political debate serves one purpose and one purpose only, to attempt to understand another point of view, not change it. From what I've seen, there are few in here who have any interest in understanding where someone else is coming from.

I have my views, just like everyone else, but we all bring a unique blend of life experience that makes us who we are. You can't change that in someone.

Americans are one of the few culture that has little appreciation for the elderly. You maybe don't always agree with them, but the elderly are worth listening to because they offer you a chance to see past your own blinders. Political debate should be like that. You listen, you exchange ideas, you agree to disagree and you shake hands. Period.

When I go home this evening and listen to the election coverage, I hope my candidate wins. I hope my candidate wins because I want to raise my children in a world that mirrors my ideaologies, we all do. If it turns out that my canidate doesn't win, then I will the world will continue to turn.

You know why? Because I believe in utilitarianism. The greatest good for the greatest number. I care more about my affect on this world than the world's affect on me.

I will openly embrace whichever man my fellow countrymen choose. I will not spend the next four years complaining and decorating my car with tacky bumper stickers. I will not sport even tackier t-shirts. I will not openly criticize I man I've never met. As an American, I support my Commander-in-Chief. I may not always agree with him or her, but it is mot my place question until the next time I step into that voting booth.

Regards,
Michelle Owens

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Would you like applause or money?

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/2/04 at 11:34 AM. ( ) 63.115.128.144

Personally I prefer money wheh I write something. Glad you voted. Man the best man win.

Alright !

This response submitted by R.J. Meyer II on 11/2/04 at 12:09 PM. ( trophyroom@journey.com ) 207.241.134.46

A Hot Chick with Brains...............I love it. Michelle You still rock ! GO BUSH !

Great post Michelle, but.........

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 11/2/04 at 12:23 PM. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 205.188.116.135

It will be sad to say, that the hate and anger filled group, will never have your mind set, they will immediately start a plan, to take down, and destroy President George W. Bush.

No Cecil, she's was looking for an adult

This response submitted by George on 11/2/04 at 12:25 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.135

Sadly, instead, you showed up. Great post Michelle, maybe Cecil's wife knows a few adults who could appreciate what you've said.

I was prompted to respond George

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/2/04 at 12:29 PM. ( ) 63.115.128.144

What's your excuse? Surely you don't think you're an adult do you? :)

R.J., you're a doll!

This response submitted by Michelle Owens on 11/2/04 at 12:43 PM. ( ) 66.194.169.118

Thanks for the compliment! You're a sweetheart.

Michelle, we should talk

This response submitted by George on 11/2/04 at 1:32 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

Next thing I know, you'll think Cecil is O.K. R.J. Meyer? Sweetheart? LMAO

Well we know who you're voting for now Michelle

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/2/04 at 2:56 PM. ( ) 63.115.128.155

Way to go. You showed your hand after trying not to. LOL

Cecil, you're a rocket scientist

This response submitted by George on 11/2/04 at 3:16 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

She was raised by parents who actually worked for a living in an industry that depends on conservatism. She actually sees the sun come up in the morning and set at night and she probably keeps her word to a fault UNLIKE YOU. I hope you're an only child.

I actually know R.J.

This response submitted by Michelle Owens on 11/2/04 at 3:45 PM. ( ) 66.194.169.118

I can be friends with someone despite their political affiliations.

Michelle

This response submitted by Kim Owens on 11/2/04 at 4:11 PM. ( ) 66.210.75.233

You DID vote Bush- Right?

Ahhhhhhh Ha Ha Ha

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/2/04 at 4:31 PM. ( ) 63.115.128.155

So George, you're telling me the kids always vote the same as dad and mom? Ahhhhhh Ha Ha Ha! Remember George she graduated from one of "them there liberal colleges!" LMAO

Some call education brainwashing. I prefer to call it education. CDB

Cecil

This response submitted by Kim Owens on 11/2/04 at 4:56 PM. ( ) 66.210.75.233

You still vote the same as your Mom and Dad- don't you? Unlike Michelle, you never learned to think for yourself. She did go to a very liberal high school and college. She also grew up in a house where her parents worked hard. We gave no handouts nor did we receive any. She learned that the world could be hers if she worked hard and had good work ethics. She also learned that no one 'owed' her anything because she lives in America. She also learned that life is not always fair. She is also much smarter than the teachers that tried to teach her about global warming and all the other BS the liberals try to coat our children with. It took her awhile to come around but after she got out on her own she learned some lessons of her own. We don't discuss much politics with Michelle, only because she talks so far above our heads! LOL! She surprised us both this year- she's started hunting! This is from the same girl who was so embarrassed her father was a taxidermist that in 3rd grade when the teacher asked what her father did for a living she said "he's a taxidermist" and the teacher said- "Oh, he's a tax attorney" and Michelle said yes. Michelle learned her values from her grandparents, from her father and from me- I don't have to ask her how she voted.

Congrats Kim

This response submitted by Paul I on 11/2/04 at 9:48 PM. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.133.105

Kim you raised her to be a example for others to follow.I enjoy reading what she has to say.Unlike soom doom and gloom people who start their day out complaining about everything when indeed they have nothing to complain about.Thanks for bringing her on here.Very nice change.Some people just need to have real problems to understand how good they have it.

Now Cecil's jealous

This response submitted by George on 11/3/04 at 12:24 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

His parents left him on the doorstep hoping the SPCA would take him in with the rest of the lost kittens. But they didn't.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu