Exit Polls

Submitted by JEM on 11/3/04 at 10:51 AM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

Does anyone know how the exit polls could have been so far off? Seems like they sure put the media in a bad position. Must have been pretty hard for the media to HAVE to report that it was looking like a Kerry win.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

They were really off last time too JEM

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/3/04 at 10:52 AM. ( ) 63.115.128.192

Personally I think they ought to get rid of them altogether. I'm sure you agree.

that's a first

This response submitted by JEM on 11/3/04 at 10:56 AM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

We agree!

Why we are at it why don't we get rid of the Media also (except Fox of coarse) LOL.

Don't you people know

This response submitted by GOTUM on 11/3/04 at 10:57 AM. ( ) 209.103.231.132

The Media is is the liberal commie propaganda machine?

don't beleive what they tell ya unless you saw it first hand or they have concrete proof like the planes crashing the towers

NO don't say it's so

This response submitted by JEM on 11/3/04 at 10:59 AM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

GOTUM - their the media - they HAVE to tell the truth don't they?

I'm A Liar

This response submitted by Old Fart on 11/3/04 at 11:04 AM. ( ) 216.148.246.154

For the first time ever I encountered an exit poll. The local paper had an exit poller at my precinct site. I lied, when I was asked who I voted for. I don't know if it was the same on the national level, but I think it was a factor.

When I received calls from the parties in support of their candidates I also lied. But with the Democrats I went a bit further.....I asked questions and acted enthused for whatever candidate they were calling for. And I even kept one on the line for over TEN minutes and left her with the impression that I was going to vote for the Democtatic ticket. With the Republicans, I just told them I was voting with them and let them go on to another call. Dirty politics? Maybe. But I do what I can!

I Suspect Bias As The Culprit

This response submitted by Li Li on 11/3/04 at 11:12 AM. ( ) 216.183.38.3

My husband has been telling me all along that the majority-media bias was very intentional to pursuade viewers to 'follow the sheep' and vote for Sen. Kerry. Then, with last night's exit polls following suit, I also suspect that that too was intentional Liberal Bias... just to follow through right up until the end!

NBC's, "Where did we go wrong?" Well, intentional bias and deceit is where they went wrong IMO. People saw right through it and were sick of it! That's why I stated in an earlier post that I just 'had to' turn the TV off... because I found myself being influenced by it all... just 'wanting to' believe my hubby. I was beginning to think that Sen. Kerry 'really was' going to win! I believe that Ken Edwards was feeling the same thing when he posted a rare post on his thoughts regarding the election. I felt exactly as he did! Scared for our country and our children's future! Clearly, the majority of Americans knew better! Thank God!

My hubby was never influenced by the Bias and Deceit regurgitated on TV, and kept insisting to me that President Bush would win big enough to keep the whining and snivelling at bay. He was so right too! I think I owe him some extra favors! Bill Yox, don't you wish you were my hubby this week! :) Sincerely, LiLi

Viva PRESIDENT Bush!

City boys don't understand....

This response submitted by Jim Tucker on 11/3/04 at 11:20 AM. ( ) 24.53.65.216

that there is more to this country besides CA and New York City. It always amazes me when these guys cry "what happened". They totally disregard the midwest and rural voters of their own states. Though the city boys have the media....the regular guy has the BIGGEST say...the VOTE. Thank goodness that all of us ignored the press and VOTED.....even though "Kerry is winning by a landslide". Too many times people get caught up in what THEY believe and figure everyone else feels the same. The big cities are isolated from the TRUE feelings of America. Even here in Ohio the focus was on Cleveland and Columbus....where Kerry did well....however in all the rural areas he lost by a mile.

Very Well Stated Jim Tucker!

This response submitted by Li Li on 11/3/04 at 11:31 AM. ( ) 216.183.38.3

Sometimes it's hard to see the Forest for the Trees! :) I'll definitely keep that in mind the next go around! I'm embarassed to think how I was becoming influenced by the City Media! Ugh!

God Bless America!

Viva PRESIDENT Bush!

Bias

This response submitted by Tommy on 11/3/04 at 12:21 PM. ( ) 64.216.67.243

Just remember it's the major metro (read city) newspapers and the national media that have the liberal bent. Afterall, the major networks are located in cities like LA, New York and Atlanta, so what do you expect. City folks always ignore the rural folks. Support your local newspaper and local radio. You can trust them, but ignore the psycho-babbling of the national media.

TEXAS RULES, and GO BUSH.

Bias

This response submitted by Tommy on 11/3/04 at 12:21 PM. ( ) 64.216.67.243

Just remember it's the major metro (read city) newspapers and the national media that have the liberal bent. Afterall, the major networks are located in cities like LA, New York and Atlanta, so what do you expect. City folks always ignore the rural folks. Support your local newspaper and local radio. You can trust them, but ignore the psycho-babbling of the national media.

TEXAS RULES, and GO BUSH.

Demographics Of Exit Polls

This response submitted by Old Fart on 11/3/04 at 1:23 PM. ( ) 170.224.224.122

The initial exit polls, yesterday afternoon were heavily weighted with about 60% women and ALL from the inner cities. It was a blatant attempt by the mainstream media to swing the vote to Kerry! IT FAILED! If the mainstram media hadn't done all it could to favor Kerry I fully believe that the election would have been a landslide. But by doing their best on his behalf they have lost even more credibility.

Right Tommy

This response submitted by TonyH on 11/3/04 at 7:38 PM. ( ) 216.120.159.168

You little guys are the true bastions of great journalism? You'll find it right next to the team photo of the 60-and-over shuffleboarders and the "publisher's" column on big-city politics.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu