Jim Burnside is my hero

Submitted by James Lewis on 11/3/04 at 5:18 PM. ( ) 69.170.144.110

Over a period of the past several months I have saw Jimmy Burnside called names and treated very bad for his views on the net. When I was a young boy Jim Burnside came back from Vietnam to a huge welcome , I remember so well Jim with a chest full of medals and the Governor of the state riding in the parade with Jim . He was the most decorated and soldier that our town had ever saw . Reporters from Life magazine even came for an interview . I can remember Jim so well with that green beret on his head and that big smile.
Jim was an all state athelete in basketball and football and my dad has told me many remarkable stories of his feats . After Vietnam he settled back down and got his Taxidermy shop going again and he also taught a martial arts class , that I was fortunate enough to spend alot of time with and it has helped me very much as I was very shy and timid as a youth . Jim is a great Taxidermist and he helped me mount my first mount , a fox squirrel.
Jim Burnside is a very patroitic person and also strong with his convictions, I have never knew him to ever brag ao say anything bad about anyone .
Jim Burnside is still a remarkable shot with a rifle , I always had heard people say that he could shoot a bird out of the air with a .22 rifle and I didn't really beleive it until I saw him shoot a starling out of the air with a .22.
I hope Jim don't get upset with me for telling some things about him ,but it hurt to see a person that is a very unique qnd special person called names like scumball,etc.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Election is over bud

This response submitted by Paul I on 11/3/04 at 6:23 PM. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.33.76

Just in case you did not notice the election is over.No need to build up anyone now.Just post normal posts that do not stir and pot and Im sure he will be treated better.Never seen anyone called scumball for talking about taxidermy or normal type of things.LOL

Thank you Paul

This response submitted by Brian on 11/3/04 at 7:44 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.136

I hope these guys can quit now that the right man has WON!

Sorry about the post

This response submitted by Jim Burnside on 11/3/04 at 8:54 PM. ( ) 68.135.130.218

I am sorry about the post above . I was un aware that James was going to post what he did , he had mentioned posting a post in my defense several weeks ago and I ask him not to .
I am glad the election is over and even though I don't agree with President Bush on all of his agenda , I still respect him and I pray and hope the next 4 years brings a united and less bitter America .
We all love our Country and pushing politics a side I hope for one America again united like we were right after 9-11 ........ Jim Burnside

James, that's nice, but leave Vietnam alone

This response submitted by George on 11/4/04 at 12:22 AM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.134

Most of us who returned didn't get the hero's welcome regardless of what kind of tin was tacked to your uniforms and most of the politicians treated us as if we had the plague. Maybe that's why Jim's viewpoint is so diametrically opposed to all of ours. He wasn't treated like us.

john kerry finally showed some class today, but my feelings that he should rot in hell won't change as long as I breath. Vietnam never should have been drug into this or any other election. By doing so, he made the process even more divisive for thousands of us.

Jim, You've gained my respect in your modesty and embarrassment over the post. That takes a lot of class. I apologize for targeting you many times, but it wasn't so much YOU, I was aiming at. I was aiming at the ideals I've had to live with for 37 years. I don't like rethinking that time or place and I become very reactive when I'm pushed toward it. There are 3 or 4 other Vietnam vets on here who actually DID live through hell during that time. They've avoided most of these conversations, and I understand why as do you. You guys were the real heros of that time a lifetime ago and I'll always feel the john kerry was a poor excuse for an imposter to what you guys actually did. NOW, lets forget about Vietnam. OK?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu