Musings of the past election from a Wiseman

Submitted by George on 11/3/04 at 11:37 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.9

I have heard that since I was a young man. I ran across the works of Wm Tytler when I was a sophomore in High School, and damn near got evicted for suggesting that America might one day fall. (I mean evicted, not expelled. My Social Studies teacher sent my paper home with a note to my mother.)

This election should lift our spirits since it shows that when the chips are really down, and when Americans do stop, look and listen, we are still pretty much the same slobs that whipped Hitler and Tojo.

To see what is wrong with America, we only need to review the county-by-county results map from this election. The vast majority of Americans support our traditional beliefs and values. It is the state capitals and major metroplex regions where Government Workers and those who live by spoils concentrate that pose a threat to our American way of life.

The Electoral College has been exploited by Democrats since the time of Truman. Our fore-fathers did not forsee America's cities growing into Nation States. Little did they realize that, in some cases, the toil and tax of 80 percent of a State's populace might be required to support the Social and Government programs required to maintain a single city. As much as we would like to see ourselves as culturally refined urbanites, most of America is still either rural or semi-rural. Aside from farm subsidies, there is little welfare and scant employment available on Farms. Since 1946, Americans have migrated by the millions to metropolitan centers where manufacturing, service sector and civil employment could be easily had.

Cities grew by leaps and bounds, and the price degree of support grew exponentially, until now. Today there are more humans in most cities than there is employment opportunity.

Enter welfare. By providing cheap inner city housing and living subsidies, welfare programs became not just a form of relief, but a way of life for millions. I believe that somewhere, at some time during the early Kennedy Administration, a group of Democrat Politicos met in a smoking room and decided that as the party in power, welfare reform could become a legal method of buying the trust, and consequently the votes of the poor minority. Democrats have expounded on that technique and refined rhetoric until now, millions of poor blacks and whites actually believe that the way to Nirvana is through the voting machine. Welform programs don't work? Hell, they are not supposed to work - how else can an electorate be held captive in America unless it is by reward?

During the 1960's it became popular to rebel against traditional American values. Every one wanted to be Kerouac or a Dadaist revisionary. Poor kids didn't have the financial freedom to puff on weed and lie around among heaps of stoned women all day long. The rich kids who pioneered the Beatnik and later Hippie movement, went on to take advantage of welfare and social programs, obtain degrees and eventually become the current crop of vested professors in most of our colleges and universities. Their attitudes and opinions began to filter into curricula around the nation until most major liberal arts colleges became propaganda mills for Liberalism. Kids didn't know what hit them. Most parents were so damn busy trying to keep up with the Jones' that they had little time for the family life that died somewhere around 1960, except in Mormon and Mennonite households.

The Democrats watched and learned. Educators were organized into unions and Government Worker Unions followed shortly thereafter. And the hard working men and women who paid for all that reform didn't notice because they were too busy trying to make ends meet.

Just as Tytler wrote about the rise and fall of the Athenian Empire in his major History treatise, and postulated that phenomena would apply to most Democracies during his lectures in Edinburgh, Scotland, the trend of awarding supporters from the National Treasury still seems to be prevalent.

The Democrats have spent five decades buying votes away through enabling programs, fat pay checks and rich retirement programs. Fortunately, the plan has not worked as well as planned, since current trending of affluent blacks toward joining the Republican Ranks is reversing a lot of those mid-twentieth century gains. In a similar sense, Hispanics tend to migrate toward the Republican Party as their economic welfare improves. Still, it is hard to convince poor, franchised voters (EN-franchised, NOT DIS-enfranchised) that the Republican Party will not take away their welfare and subsistence chits.

When you consider that the Liberal Elite did all within their power to defeat George Bush, and failed to do so, that constitutes - at least in my eyes - the defeat of that fraternity of academicians and new media spin artists by and at the hand of the common man.

A great man once said, "Bad public officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote..." I believe that the 2004 election may be a turning point in the course of our history in that, when the chips were down, we chose traditionalism over radical change. We still, as a collective: Believe in God, the Golden Rule, and mom's apple pie. We like having, "In God we Trust" emblazoned on our money, and don't mind obeying, at least by lip service, the Ten Commandments.

We are today, and have always been, a folk who pretty much live by the rule of the right hook. We Americans don't really like violence, but each of us can damn well get violent over the most inane principles. This year, the Liberals went too far, and today they are out buying beef steaks for their black eyes.

If George W. Bush has a weakness, it is that he is not a good public speaker, but then, with the exception of the Gettysburg Address, neither was Abe Lincoln. What the two men have in common is a sincere belief by the majority of citizens that each, right or wrong, chose principle and courage over rhetoric and popularity. You may not always agree with a man of principle, but you will always admire his tenacity and purpose if he is consistent. No man ever won many friends by being aggressive, but he has always earned their respect.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Deep

This response submitted by Gotum on 11/4/04 at 12:15 AM. ( ) 209.103.231.73

George, that was deep .

you must have been at the bench today or your freezer is empty.

Thanks for sharing some of the overflow

George,

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 11/4/04 at 12:24 AM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 65.227.21.170

you're showing your age. Mine too. Well said. Very well said.

Awesome reading

This response submitted by Michelle B on 11/4/04 at 5:38 AM. ( laurelmt@lhtc.net ) 65.167.183.32

That was excellent reading George, very profound & full of thought. I've gotta print a copy of that off.

George

This response submitted by Randy D. on 11/4/04 at 8:28 AM. ( ) 12.163.66.171

We have disagreed on a few subjects. But I agree totalty with what you have just written. Randy D.

Look guys, I said a "WISEMAN"

This response submitted by George on 11/4/04 at 8:45 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

I apologize if you thought that was mine personally. It came from an "old friend of this site" who has a gift for words that I enjoy. We "postulate" on many things and some of my comments led to him writing this. Some of you know him well. You can find him by clicking that Orange SEARCH icon to the left. LMAO.

I WUZ HAD!

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 11/4/04 at 9:22 AM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 65.227.21.79

I read that title, then I saw the "ahem" author's name, and I'm thinking this is the same guy that hammers the artist word. By the time I had read the article, I'm thinking, "DAAANG, Uncle George really is a wise man, uncontested." You old fart. Both of you! LMAO

Great Post George

This response submitted by Jim Burnside on 11/4/04 at 10:53 AM. ( ) 68.135.137.126

George the post was well written and I do agree with you on many points . I must admit that I didn't agree with all the policies of the Bush administration but I also feel that the Democrat Party for several years now has been on the path of self destruction . I think that the Democrat Party has moved so far left that if they are to survive they must move back towards the middle . I also feel that they under estimated how much value the American people beleive in moral values . I hope this election sends a message to those that have forgotten what our Country was founded up , the beleif in God and moral values , hard work and being honest .
It was great to see such record turn out at the polls and I hope that we can see a less polarized American during the next few years.
I intend to give my support for my Commander in Chief and hope for a better American during the next 4 years ...... Have a good day .... Jim Burnside

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu