The Hero...

Submitted by .. on 11/4/04 at 7:25 PM. ( ) 4.227.61.95

Well the election is over and although I did not vote for President Bush I hope he will lead us in the right direction and I will support him fully.

I was amazed to see the post regarding Jim Burnside. Through all of this polictial arguing he never once made mention of his great service to this country and only made to the point political comments. And to realize their is so much more he didn't say. This is a true man and hero. A lot of people on this site posted daily about how they served the country and only they are allowed to talk about it. I won't mention any names George but you guys know who I am talking about. People like Jim are truly the great heros, never asking for praise or patting themselves on the back.

I never once heard him say "I was such and such in the military...." He spoke his mind and did not resort to name calling. Although I have never met Jim I certainly hope someday I will. George, you could take lessons from this guy!

I actually thought after the election some of these silly posts would fade away and the losers would take their licks and the winners would be gracious ones. That is evidently not the case as Mr. Bishop continues to post nonsense cut and paste. I guess it goes to show even if your candidate wins it does not make you a winner.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Hey ......!

This response submitted by Ron on 11/4/04 at 7:36 PM. ( ) 205.231.189.212

Have you ever posted a taxidermy question

That was not a question..

This response submitted by .. on 11/4/04 at 7:58 PM. ( ) 4.227.61.95

my friend. It was a statement.

How bout this

This response submitted by Paul I on 11/4/04 at 8:07 PM. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.32.146

I do not care if your name is mickey mouse or venus or whatever.Just start posting normal conversation and the forums will be nicer.With all the people on here who live in different parts of this country Im sure there is more to talk about.I know that in my state of NY its gettting alot colder as my hands were freezing fishing today.Caught two keepers and two shorts.Now what did you do today? Next trip Im going to start saving some to practice on.Might even go to the fish category and ask Cecil a question.

... you got some good points!

This response submitted by John on 11/4/04 at 8:28 PM. ( ) 69.171.249.149

Too bad people like George and the other control freeks on this site are so bitter..

Hey ..

This response submitted by ... on 11/4/04 at 9:14 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.134

Quit tring to impersonate me you [expletive deleted]. Burnside is a [expletive deleted] war crimal! If you don't beleave me ask his hero Kerry and he will tell you so! So [expletive deleted]!

And John [expletive deleted]!

Truly..

This response submitted by .. on 11/4/04 at 9:46 PM. ( ) 4.226.48.198

pathetic.

Dot boy, John boy

This response submitted by George on 11/4/04 at 10:48 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.134

Pack sand. Obviously you weren't a glint in your grandparents eyes during the time you're addressing. This site has half a dozen Vietnam veterans here who are also real heros. I'M NOT ONE OF THEM. I simply did my job for 12 months and saw absolutely no combat being in the Air Force, but I know what I know. I, too, was unaware of Burnsides accomplishments, but I know the other half dozen refuse to speak for themselves. Jim supported a person who claimed ALL OF US were war criminals and neither I nor the others could understand how he could overlook that simple fact. Both of you certainly aren't heros as you're too damned gutless to even post your names. I'm a Vietnam Veteran and I'm still damned proud of what I did. I don't talk about what I saw for the same reasons the others haven't. What we say was from a world so alien to people of with your spineless character, you couldn't fathom it if you tried. Sitting through Platoon, Private Ryan, or We Were Soldiers won't make you a hero either. The movie we saw and the movie you saw weren't even on the same big screens. I'm delighted to hear that Jim came home to a hero's welcome. I had to take my uniform off when I got to San Franciso so I wouldn't be taunted by hippies and Hari Krishna, but I still got spit on. All the other guys I know had similar homecomings. We didn't live on Nob Hill and have rich parents. We had to take low end jobs and scrape car payments up so we could raise YOUR generation of spoiled, smart mouths assho1es who have an opinion on everything but convictions on NOTHING. You and anyone like you can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. I don't owe you jacksh1t and I certainly don't think any of us owe you any explanations.

to the original post author, or even John...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/4/04 at 10:50 PM. ( ) 67.138.8.37

Its people like you that really piss me off. I challenge you to debate me on this, either by phone, email or here. Wanna know why? I absolutely hate half truths and misinformed stuff like this.

You show me where George throws his service for our country around. Go ahead, I can wait...

Yep, all you found so far is where HE has been called out by someone ELSE, and he countered or defended himself with the fact that he served. Theres a big difference there, my friend. Say what you want, but Ive been around here a long time, and I know exactly what Im talking about.

I too have great admiration for Burnside, and during our exchanges, Ive stated so. To me, he could and should be able to speak of his committment to this country, but chose not to. But dont run your mouth saying George does, because thats just not true.

Look, if people like you dont care that some of us have more to say in here than others, so be it. You could post more, read less, or post comments against us, no big deal. Yes, George sometimes does get pushy. But dont finger him for something he does not do. That really burns me.

Yox..

This response submitted by .. on 11/6/04 at 2:15 PM. ( ) 4.227.60.106

I'll debate this all day long with you. The majority of George's post talked about him being in the military. Burnside never felt the need to brag or boast about it. Maybe you remember these quotes. How quickly you forget..

I was in a Special Ops unit that had both Guard and Reservists

I was on Okinawa in 1965

18 month tour in support of C-130's flying into Vietnam

I retired as a CMSgt

Some of us are still willing to fight for what we did

Do you have proof you actually were in the reserves?

If you had ANY military knowlege, you'd know that bitching is an inalienable right of military people

john kerry is lower than whale sh1t to this Vietnam veteran

Your sorry ass can't tarnish my military record

I have 8 DD214's in my files

I have a short tour hostile fire assignment in my files

I have 2 extended tour assignment in my files

my record in Vietnam covered almost 13 months

I never abandoned my comrades

You want to know how MOST of us veterans feel...

Your turn Yox...

And besides your head, your point IS?

This response submitted by George on 11/6/04 at 4:47 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.134

Aside from being too gutless to put your name on your post? If you've got a gripe with me, there's an email up there. I know of several other real heros on this site who've NOT posted anything or had anyone post ANYTHING FOR THEM. They can't speak up and won't. I damned sure will and when you find a lie in any of those talking points you found in the archives, just let me know and I'll make a post apologizing.

BTW, I'm gratified that you've kept such good track of my military service. I'll use that in my next resume'. And if you ever grow a set of balls or gain enough intestines to have fortitude to post your name, let me know about that as well.

This " .." Guy

This response submitted by Mr. T on 11/6/04 at 9:24 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.245

This nameless guy has never posted any taxidermy addvice has he? He seems to just talk and stir up s#it.

for the LAST time, nameless poster...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/6/04 at 10:35 PM. ( ) 67.138.10.74

Try reading what I ALREADY said. George did NOT just post his credentials out of the clear blue to brag. He has been goaded into those silly arguments for some time now, and as a defense, told of his involvement. For example...

Saying, on his own, "I was a soldier, I served for my country". Thats bragging (although I think someone ought to be able to brag about that)

Saying, after a guy says, "What do YOU know about the military George, you werent there..." and then having him say that same thing, well that makes a BIG difference. It was out of context.

In closing, George is one of us, we all like him, and hes staying. Period. See ya...

Yox..

This response submitted by T. Richards on 11/7/04 at 12:10 PM. ( ) 4.226.48.86

I thought you wanted to debate the issue? I have posted qoutes from George about how he constantly posted about his military experience. You say he was "gaoded" into making these statements. Show me where that happened. Your Turn!

And Georgie boy, you are trying to change the subject like you too often do. I am not challenging your comments my point is you bring them up way tooooo much. Too many pats on your own back. And there is a name for Georgie boy. I don't know why it is so important for you to see a name. I could post anything LiLi, Mr. T, John, Cecil...... But there is a name for you so you can stop whining about that too.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu