Read this Newsweek Article

Submitted by Charles Gossett on 11/5/04 at 1:55 AM. ( Marl4570@aol.com ) 64.12.116.9

So much for the Constitution and Separation of powers..

The November 15 issue "How He Did It" (on newsstands Thursday, November 4) includes an exclusive behind-the-scenes account of the entire presidential campaign reported by a separate Newsweek Special Project team that worked for more than a year on the extraordinary campaign. Highlights from the report:

The "Outlandish" McCain Offer. Kerry's courtship of Senator John McCain to be his running mate was longer-standing and more intense than previously reported. As far back as August 2003, Kerry had taken McCain to breakfast to sound him out to run on a unity ticket. McCain batted away the idea as not serious, but Kerry, after he wrapped up the nomination in March, went back after McCain a half-dozen more times. "To show just how sincere he was, he made an outlandish offer," Newsweek's Thomas reports. "If McCain said yes he would expand the role of vice president to include secretary of Defense and the overall control of foreign policy. McCain exclaimed, 'You're out of your mind. I don't even know if it's constitutional, and it certainly wouldn't sell.'" Kerry was thwarted and furious. "Why the f--- didn't he take it? After what the Bush people did to him...'"

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I read this last night

This response submitted by b bishop/ Republican on 11/5/04 at 8:33 AM. ( ) 65.73.67.136

looks like trouble in paridise hey ! No surprise though , Rush was saying this all along .

The interview

This response submitted by Evelyn on 11/5/04 at 1:56 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.132

I saw the interview McCain gave and he denied both allegations on the spot and told the reporter that Kerry never out right asked him to run for vice president. Kerry also never made the offer on expanding the role of vice president. So if you guys tell me now that I am writing this out of the side of my a... then you are calling McCain, who is a republican, a liar.

Just be thankful

This response submitted by TonyH on 11/5/04 at 5:51 PM. ( ) 216.120.159.168

That partnership didn't happen. You would have likely seen about an 80 percent support for Kerry-McCain nationwide.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu