Here's a good one for you

Submitted by Daveh on 11/5/04 at 12:16 PM. ( ) 68.249.224.74

I had a guy bring me a skinned and frozen coyote and wanted it tanned for a wall hanger. I let it thaw out and took it out of the bag, it was skin side out case skinned. I put it on my beam and started to flesh it and something didn't look right. I turned it right side out and low and behold it was a dog. He probably had caught his neighbors dog and didn't even know it. After closer inspection you could see where it had a collar on at one time. He was a little embarrased when i told him what he had done.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

lost dog

This response submitted by tom s on 11/5/04 at 12:56 PM. ( ) 132.236.170.116

Lost dog. reward. Grey with pointed ears. Responds to the name "wiley". It had a collar but i found it in my yard when he escaped.

Lost Dog

This response submitted by Holmes on 11/5/04 at 2:42 PM. ( ) 63.162.246.97

I no a guy that bragged about shooting a white coyote, he was so excited about it. You guessed it. DOG. He was drunk and it was his neighbors at that. A dog he saw all the time.

had the same thing happen

This response submitted by Ron on 11/5/04 at 6:43 PM. ( ) 205.231.189.164

White husky, with brown head. The guy wanted it mounted till I burst his bubble. Did kind of look like a coyote from the back half though. Nice dog, I bet somebody was broken hearted.

Same thing

This response submitted by Michelle B on 11/5/04 at 7:18 PM. ( laurelmt@lhtc.net ) 65.167.183.62

A customer called last winter said he caught 2 coyotes in his traps the night before, I told him congrats and to bring them down.
When he brought them in the shop, UH OH, feet of the one was out of the bag and they were monster big white feet. I pulled it out, It was a huge husky mix, colored exactly like a husky only alittle shorter hair, box-ier nose, alittle rounder tipped ears w/ alittle flop to them, it even had 1 blue eye! I told him "oh my God" this is someones dog, so we looked at the other one and yep dog too, but it was a little easier to mistake by color. It was a german shepard mix female, again though, shorter box-ier nose, flopped ears, this female weighed 59lbs. and the husky was bigger yet. Neither one had the foot pad shape of a coyote either. I was so shocked this guy mis-took these dogs for coyotes. He hunts all over the country, I would've thought he'd know better. He was very embarassed. My husband thought I was to blunt and burst the guys bubble by telling him they were dogs. Well DUH what else to do?

What a Bunch of idiots

This response submitted by Tom on 11/5/04 at 9:09 PM. ( ) 207.19.167.251

I cannot for the life of me see how someone could mistake a damn dog for a coyote, especially someone with any outdoor knowledge at all. I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

here's one for ya

This response submitted by Jeanette Hall on 11/6/04 at 1:22 AM. ( Eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 63.86.173.167

There was a fish and game warden out here that shot a rancher's dog that he mistook for a coyote. Imagine explaining that one! And you would think fish and game officials would be able to tell the difference!

Coydog

This response submitted by Mike on 11/6/04 at 11:47 AM. ( hredfox@gci.net ) 65.74.127.32

Many people, including biologists, believe coyotes and dogs sometimes interbreed. I have seen displays of skulls representing coytos, dogs and mixes, that the bio said were coydogs. I have also seen pics on trappers forums of coyotes that looked pretty doggy.
It may not always be easy to tell. Except when they have a blue eye........haha.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu