No joke, read what I shared this mornings hunt with...

Submitted by jimmy on 11/5/04 at 3:52 PM. ( gypjet@hotmail.com ) 68.103.148.172

I swear on a stack of bibles that what I am writing is true. I was in my treestand this morning in S.E. Kansas, and all was normal and a little chilly. The deer were not really moving, but all other birds and critters were normal, when I saw movement about 100 yards away in the top of a huge Oak tree. It was way to big to be a squirrel, so I looked through my binos and I freaked out when I recoginized it. It was a Monkey. It was about 18" tall (a guess), and was traveling North. It only took about 15 seconds and it was out of sight. I am sure that I saw some white on its rear end maybe on its face, but I am not monkey expert.

I got home and called a couple of friends and did an archive search in my local paper on anything monkeys. Nothing. I called the police and asked if they had any past reports of a stolen or missing monkey?! Nothing. I called fish and game and they had no reports of anything having to do with a monkey either. How freaky is this? I live in a small town and you would think that I would come across some info. What would you do? If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I cannot believe I saw a monkey while hunting.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Here's an Idea!

This response submitted by Jim on 11/5/04 at 4:07 PM. ( ) 206.183.120.63

SOBER - UP!

We've Had That Happen In South Texas Too...

This response submitted by Li Li on 11/5/04 at 4:07 PM. ( ) 216.183.37.82

...They were escapees from some sort of Experiment Station! I wonder if the one you saw was an escaped pet? You might try running a short Ad in your local newspaper. Maybe you'll make somebody real happy... Good Luck & Happy Hunting! :)

weird

This response submitted by 3666 on 11/5/04 at 4:12 PM. ( ) 24.255.124.23

Somethimg similiar happened to me with an ostrich.

me too

This response submitted by lee on 11/5/04 at 5:03 PM. ( ) 170.224.224.156

was bugling elk in idaho last year, thought i had a huge bull coming in, turned out to be a camel! not an elk but he is hanging on the wal in my trailer!

i saw a ufo once

This response submitted by jimmy carter on 11/5/04 at 5:03 PM. ( ) 66.255.208.8

they did experiments on me and that is why i am a liberal democrat today

here's what...

This response submitted by Jeanette Hall on 11/5/04 at 5:43 PM. ( Eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 63.86.173.182

I would have done. I would have shot it! Sheesh man, don't you know how hard those things are to get? Seriously though, if it did escape from a research facility, it could be carrying any number of diseases and/ or viruses. How would you like to wake up with Ebola? Remember, it did happen right here in the good ol US about 10 years ago in Reston, VA. Once while hunting the wilderness in California I heard a clanging. It got closer and soon I realized I wasn't alone in the woods. The animal activists were out with their pots and pans "helping" Bambi!

me too

This response submitted by Earl on 11/5/04 at 7:09 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

i seen a monkey while deer hunting a couple of weeks ago in south east oklahoma, it was sitting at our deer feeder eating and took off when it seen me, it looked a whole lot like a vervet but i dont think people have them as pets. the lady we bought the land from used to have a monkey that ran wild out there but we were told she took it with her. but if i see it again it will be going in the freezer.

DO you remember the Leopard shoot north of Emporia KS?

This response submitted by JOhn C on 11/5/04 at 7:26 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

1993. I had seen it several times. even reported it to the Wildlife and Parks. Low and behold a couple of men shot it while bow hunting.

Those guys were fine by W&P for shooting an endangered animal and hunting the animal with no open season.

Cowboy up

This response submitted by just horsing around on 11/5/04 at 7:43 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

While sitting in a stand a few years ago in the middle of no where I had a horse walk up and start eating at my feeder. I walked over to him, tied him up, called a buddy with a horse trailer to come pick him up and when we got back to the feeder where I had him tied, low and behold he was gone

Hey Jimmy Carter

This response submitted by Ron on 11/5/04 at 7:49 PM. ( ) 205.231.189.182

I too was abducted by ufo's. Tried like hell to get them to experment on me because they were female and really "HOT". Couldn't even get them to "play" doctor. Save your efforts, they are real conservative.

Hey Li Li, if he prints this in the paper and no ones confesses to losing a monkey he will be the laughing stock of his community.

thats nothing

This response submitted by 3666 on 11/5/04 at 8:43 PM. ( ) 24.255.124.23

I was once coon hunting with my hounds,when all of a sudden Elvis appeared out of nowhere.He was singing "you aint nothin but a hound dog" at the top of his lungs.I tried to take a picture of him, but a ufo,that was operated by his friend bigfoot,came down from the sky and picked him up before I got a shot with my camera.I got a picture of the ufo,but bigfoot sent a electrical disabeling device in a laser beam and blew up my camera.

3666 that was funny!

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/5/04 at 10:14 PM. ( ) 63.115.128.184

Keep posting. We need someone on here that is REALLY funny!

That was great LOL

This response submitted by Paul I on 11/5/04 at 10:26 PM. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.133.62

Jimmy your a brave man for sharing that story on here.LOL

Jimmy I believe you

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/5/04 at 10:29 PM. ( ) 63.115.128.184

This country is getting inundated by exotics thanks to the pet trade. Sadly I doubt if that monkey makes it through the winter. It's funny, as a fish culturist of native gamefish I am stifled by import/export restrictions up the wazoo, but the pet trade is almost exempt compared to me. We can thank the pet trade for exotic aquatic plants and fish like the snakehead. I honestly don't know why our legislators have their heads so far up their asses.

I agree with Cecil

This response submitted by George on 11/5/04 at 10:48 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.135

Go to Florida. Along the Everglades and around Miami you won't believe what you will see. How about catching peacock bass and Oscars (YES, damned tropical fish Oscars) in any canal down there. Crocodiles, monkeys, lizards and iguanas from around the world, monitor lizards, and even a few big CATS are living wild and free there.

And now the everglades have anacondas

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/5/04 at 11:47 PM. ( ) 63.115.128.184

and I understand they are reproducing well.

Well, I am serious about the monkey, but some people are

This response submitted by jimmy on 11/6/04 at 12:14 AM. ( ) 68.103.148.172

prone to not believe something like this. It is true, so bite me all of you Elvis-seeing, UFO-probees.

from pheasants to peacocks

This response submitted by Beautiful and blue on 11/6/04 at 4:17 AM. ( ) 209.112.176.214

Anything is possible. A few years ago we were pheasant hunting and at the end of a swamp drive we pushed up about 15 pheasants and a Peacock. It is now a beautiful display. I am sure it escaped from someone. But it is mine now.

<><> MONKEYS <><>

This response submitted by EARL on 11/6/04 at 12:05 PM. ( ANT / TAX ) 68.82.185.179

George Roof has tons of monkeys behind his house and that's in Delaware..

jimmy

This response submitted by 3666 on 11/6/04 at 1:02 PM. ( ) 24.255.124.23

I do believe your story and I wasnt kidding when I said the same thing happened to me with an ostrich.The Elvis story was a bit spiced up,but isnt every elvis encounter?LOL!

LOL!

This response submitted by Dwight on 11/22/04 at 4:22 AM. ( DDaut@classicnet.net ) 69.150.113.37

You guys are really funny. I was reading the replies .... Sober UP!, .... camel, .... Elvis I was cracking up when someone in the office busted me for non-business internet. I let him read it and he also started cracking up. We both are reading them now! By the way I live next to a research facality and they are always getting out. (Monkies that is not Camels or Elvis's) South Louisiana haha!

C'Mon, It's Not THAT Far-Fetched!

This response submitted by Elvis, Sober, Riding a Camel on 11/25/04 at 4:44 AM. ( ) 68.88.178.167

I live in Southwest Arkansas (Little River County). About 12 (or so) years ago, a local hunter shot and killed a monkey down in some river bottoms. How they got there (and there was more than one) noboby knows. Not some "urban legend" because it was well documented in the local paper, so Jimmy, you might not be nuts.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu