To Jordan from a Yankee

Submitted by John_NY on 11/6/04 at 10:46 PM. ( ) 64.19.85.81

Jordan:
First I have to paste what you typed earlier.

"Plus,the north east is mostly cities and urban areas."

Now, I'm from New York."Republican" I live on the west side of
the adirondack mountains. The nearest city that is kinda big
is Syracuse which is about 120 miles south of here. I live in the
6th largest county east of the mississippi and the towns here are
very small with more state land than you could cover in a lifetime
or two. My point is as far as land mass goes the cities in N.Y. take
up very little space out of the state. Granted there are lots of
people in N.Y. City but the land is a drop in the bucket in N.Y.
The next time you think that New York in nothing but cities
come to the adirondacks and we can drop you off in the middle of the
mountains and see how long it takes you to find a road. "logging roads"
don't count.

I was talking to a guy once on my ham radio in wisconsin.
He asked me how I could stand living in a place with
nothing but skyscrapers and blacktop. So I asked him how many cows
he owns. He said just because I live here doesn't mean I'm a dairy
farmer. So I just answered with "I rest my case".
Have a nice day from a Republican "Damn" Yankee.
John_NY

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Thanx fer making me famous

This response submitted by Jordan on 11/6/04 at 11:10 PM. ( ) 24.255.124.23

I dont know why you bothered posting this.I said MOST.Not all.I said MOST because I know there are rural areas in the north east.I dont know why people think I dont like northerners.I said I dont get along with liberals.I consider a liberal from above the mason dixon line a Yank.I consider a liberal from below the line,a scallywaggin disgrace.I consider a republican from above the line a northerner.And nowhere in my post or anytime from my mouth or keyboard will you hear "Damn Yank"except for just now.Therefore I dont consider you a yank,but a northerner.Us as republicans have to stick together.It seems we are the only ones with brains these days,so you too,have a nice day.

Yer welcome

This response submitted by John_NY on 11/6/04 at 11:26 PM. ( ) 64.19.85.81

Jordan I have no problem with anyone, just with the assumption as you
stated again.

"I said MOST.Not all.I said MOST because I know there
are rural areas in the north east."

MOST of N.Y. is RURAL. That was my point. The cities outnumber us
rural folks but the big cities are far and few between. Most places
up here make people sound like that cellular phone commercial
"Can you hear me now" I guess we are so sparse it's not worth it to
put up more cell towers. Anyway I was glad to help make you "Famous"
and have yourself a good day and I hope you get more work than you want.

John_NY

yer a funny feller John!

This response submitted by Jordan on 11/6/04 at 11:48 PM. ( ) 24.255.124.23

Maybe I did jump to conclusions,but then again,NY aint the whole north east.As a whole,you will find more nothern city boys than country boys,Maybe you havent noticed since your up there,but here,northern is used almost interchangibly with urban.Some people say its ignorance,but we get the impression from somewhere.Maybe its just cause those people that live in city heck in the north move all over the place to get away from it.Bottom line is,put the north east in a blender,and youl get a paste littered with liberal city life.My experience in the north is limited,as I have only been to southern pennysylvania once,but I have known people from the north.I dont know why I was saying have a good day,as it is currently pitch black in Virginia,but have a good day!LOL!Hey john.......peace in the south and north east!Among republicans anyway!

Jordon when you open mouth and insert foot

This response submitted by Cecil on 11/7/04 at 8:27 AM. ( ) 63.115.128.195

expect a response on here. Take it from an expert. LOL

Cecil

This response submitted by Jordan on 11/7/04 at 12:05 PM. ( ) 24.255.124.23

I have felt that way before,but I stand by what I said on this issue.

once again Jordan...no

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/7/04 at 9:40 PM. ( ) 67.138.9.128

Take my advice, get that map, you can find it on hannity.com, and look at the one county by county. Its all red, just the INNER city is blue. Its not like you describe, no matter what. Like John, I should know, I live here!

So.......

This response submitted by Jordan on 11/7/04 at 10:44 PM. ( ) 24.255.124.23

I saw the map.How can anyone argue with me?The only state in the north east that is mostly red is Pennysylvania.You proved my point.And it really doesnt matter what color the county is anyway.What matters is the state color.And remember,those blue spots generated A LOT of Kerry votes.Its amazing when you look at that map,and it looks like most of the country is republican.It simply isnt so.Unfortunately,most blue spots are of extreme high population,and thats the only way the democrats can make an election close.What you should do is look at the whole picture.Look at the STATE color,and that will tell you about the regions.If the northeast is all blue by state,that means the north east is mostly democratic.And if you want to argue that the blue is only because of the cities,then fine,but then,dont turn around and say that there arent many cities in the north.And really,lets be realistic,what matters more than street lights and corn fields and mountains and skyskrapers,is population.If the majority of the population is democratic,the state is.........hmmm......democratic.So whats the big deal?Why are you so offended?Im only stating fact.The majority of the population of the north east is democratic.Were on the same side here.......were all republicans.[except for cecil]

sigh

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 11/8/04 at 5:00 PM. ( ) 67.138.14.67

OK, you win. Me and John dont vote democrat, we live here, we know what the feeling is, and the handout people in the city and the packed in populations are democrats. We as republicans keep them pretty well hemmed into the city, where they belong. Right John?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu