Looking for Earl McSorley

Submitted by Chris Ott on 1/9/05 at 1:28 PM. ( rcott@falcap.com ) 64.45.230.227

I am trying to track down Earl McSorley. I have paid him over $5,000 for a Grizzly life size and an elk shoulder mount which he has never shipped. This has been ongoing since late 2003. he has stopped answering my emails. If anyone knows his phone number or address so I can contact him directly and have a place to serve him with legal notices. This guy is a complete fraud.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Yeah

This response submitted by cur on 1/9/05 at 1:35 PM. ( ) 4.226.60.213

His phone number is posted on a thread in the For Sale category......Under some post about an antler collection sale or what not. Asked and answered.

I have a question

This response submitted by cur on 1/9/05 at 1:45 PM. ( ) 4.226.60.213

Am I just old and crotchety or what? Personally, there is no way I would pay $5,000 for anything sight unseen, or without some form of credit collateral. Now, I could see paying half down and half on delivery, or by letter of credit, or by some other secure method, but unless you are the money man from Hell who doesn't care about price, why would you send that amount of money to someone on the if come?

Am I too suspicious of folks, or am I not alone? There is no way in Hell that I would send anyone other than a nationally recognized industry or retail business that amount of money without surety, much less a person with a name like McSorely....LOL

Wilbur T.(Send me your money)Curmudgeon

?

This response submitted by RJ Simington on 1/9/05 at 1:48 PM. ( animalartsnw@charter.net ) 68.186.0.240

Who in there right mind would give someone $5000. & not get a phone # & adress ?

Sounds like a glutten for punishment or better yet sounds like someone stirring up trouble.

Does it not sound like a lot of caca?

This response submitted by &&& on 1/9/05 at 2:01 PM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Well to me it sounds like Chris is full of it and should seek medical assistance in getting a real enema.

I have purchased several items from Earl and never had any problem.

Not Stirring up Trouble

This response submitted by Chris Ott on 1/9/05 at 2:01 PM. ( ) 64.45.230.227

I have an address in Wilmington, Deleware but could not locate a phone number. The private detective I hired talked to Earl today and he says he is shipping next week. The only problem with this is that I have heard this now for 1 and 1/2 years. It has been one excuse after another. Of course in hindsight I made a mistake sending the money, but after reviewing him on ebay he seemed legitimate. This is no joke...if I do not receive the mounts in 2 weeks, legal action will be proceeding...both criminal and civil...seems liek Earl has some real incentive to get the mounts shipped now

No Trouble Cont'd

This response submitted by Chris Ott on 1/9/05 at 2:35 PM. ( ) 64.45.230.227

If this is not true, then I am sure Mr. McSorley will come on here and defend himself....however, I know he will not since he knows he never sent the mounts. Be very wary of doing business with this man. It seems he wants to pick and choose which transactions he will complete and on his time table....going on 1 1/2 years is a little long to wait isn't it?

Why

This response submitted by Fico on 1/9/05 at 10:10 PM. ( ) 66.32.153.42

Don't you call the Feds in his state and have them look into the grizzly which is controled by them, if he sold it from under you,then he'll be in a pile of S**** of trouble.

heck even a cpmplaint to his city sherriff department would start the ball rolling. Cris your a dumb A***

<<<<<<<<HELLO>>>>>>>>

This response submitted by Here on 1/9/05 at 10:26 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

Your turn!

hey Ott

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/10/05 at 9:55 AM. ( ) 67.138.9.88

If you already have Magnum PI hot on the trail, why are you posting this here? Classy!

ANOTHER SHILL FOR EARL

This response submitted by CHRIS OTT on 1/10/05 at 4:16 PM. ( ) 64.45.230.227

Another apologist for Earl..You know damn certain that if this was not true then Earl would of been all over this forum defending himself in his normal aggressive manner. After doing a Google search for Earl I found this site and all the controversy surrounbding him. I did this on my own and independent of the work the private dick is doing. This has nothing to do with class Mr. Yox. It has to do with finding a man who has stolen from me.

again

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/10/05 at 6:42 PM. ( ) 66.133.133.28

Shill, schmill. Its not Earls business Im speaking for. Its you posting this here. If all you wanted was his whereabouts, youd be clever enough to just ask someone to post it. Instead you wanna do laundary here.

again redux

This response submitted by chris ott on 1/10/05 at 7:22 PM. ( ) 68.51.227.191

I beg your pardon. When the laundary is as dirty as Earl McSorley then it does need to be done here. AS I review his previous post history, he has done a lot of business on this site and others. Some obviously on the up and up, however, like my transaction, some obviously totally dishonest. Once again, if he could refute what I am saying then he would be all over this site defaming me. Of course he is reading this. Maybe Earl could come on here and explain how the mounts are at a friends house and for 1 and 1/2 years he has not been able to access the premises. B.S. He got the money and decided he did not need to send the goods. Fraud? Yes.
Criminal? Hell Yes.

So Mr. bloody Bill Yox, you are damn straight I am going to do my laundary here as I feel I am obliged to inform this audience regarding the fraud that has been perpetrated on me. If you expect me to just enquire about his where abouts and give him a free pass then you need psychiatric help sir.

Yes you and the other posters on this site can call me an idiot for sending him the money....but I will not let this rest until resolved to my satisfaction.

Chris, try this

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/10/05 at 10:54 PM. ( ) 67.138.11.11

Read slowly. I didnt call you an idiot, and I didnt blame you for trusting him, either way. I understood well all about that part. ALL Im saying is, we already have enough crap posts here, thanks for one more. If you WERE clever, youd simply ask for his info, and wouldve gotten it, and more, Im sure. But, you had to push, and you got very little. Youll get some emails from others who feel like you do, and little more. I said nothing about giving him the pass, either. You read alot of things into my words that were not there, and missed the one thing I was trying to say. in closing, I hope all is resolved between the two of you. That part is not my business. Once posted here, its open to anyone. Good luck to you, sir.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu