I have shot a deer with mange!

Submitted by Matthew Cook on 1/11/05 at 6:41 PM. ( cookma_69_2000@yahoo.com ) 24.180.71.244

I was reading some of the posts about deer and mange. I in fact have shot and killed a deer with mange. I was hunting in southern Michigan and I shot a five point buck that the DNR said had mange. The only hair the deer had was on the end of it's tail. It's skin was black and very wrinkly (like alagator skin). The buck did not shed its velvet. In fact the velvet had dried up and covered the entire rack. So the deer had black horns. I have some pictures of it and its pretty creepy.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Badian Mange!

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/11/05 at 7:06 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.164

Oh my God! I thought that was only on the Star Trek Voyager Series!

Stay away from me!

I hope

This response submitted by Alex on 1/11/05 at 10:14 PM. ( ) 66.32.151.235

You threw the meat away,yuuuks !

Matthew

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/12/05 at 12:11 AM. ( ) 66.133.133.216

Id love to see those pictures, would you mind?

Nasty !

This response submitted by Bradlee on 1/12/05 at 11:25 AM. ( ) 12.215.49.73

I would like to see pictures too . I wouldn't have shot it myself . No hair , no shot . Would make a sweet conversation piece in the livingroom though I rekon . People walk in and see a bald wrinkly deer head on the wall would be cool to hear all the questions . Send photos to the Enquirer and call it an alein mutant and tell some wild story and you could be getting some cash ! Bradlee

great reference

This response submitted by terry v on 1/12/05 at 1:49 PM. ( ) 216.120.195.151

i would like to see the photos also. is it just me or is anyone else wondering if all deer are wrinkled?

Good Idea!

This response submitted by Matthew Cook on 1/15/05 at 9:39 PM. ( ) 24.236.231.13

I like the response about turning it into enquire and getting some cash. I bet they would pay some money! I live in Michigan and there is a magazine that is called wierd whitetail that I have wanted to send the pictures in too. The pictures are not that good though. They were taken at night with a disposable camera. Also I didn't keep the meat or anyother piece of the deer. The conservation officer said not to even touch it. He wanted us to burn it. So thats what we did. Also to the guy that said that he wouldn't shoot it... It was getting really cold at night. Down in the single digets so I put the deer out of his misery. He surly would have frozen to death in the next few days. The DNR officer told me that it was a good thing I shot it, because if it would have just died somewhere else coyotes, dogs, or other animals that could have eaten it and got sick too.
Matt

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu