For those of you that think

Submitted by Cecil on 1/13/05 at 6:30 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.161

we shouldn't help the Tsuniami victims because they are muslems and they are all terrorists check out these pics especially one notable one.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitem...01/s1275271.htm

Third picture down on the left is of a young boy saluting a Navy soldier. Do some of you still think they are all terrorists and the fact that they are muslim not warrant our help? I'll bet this boy has no idea of the world of terrorism but he sure got a good impression from one of our best. Chances are he won't grow up hating us.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Who thinks that?

This response submitted by Jim Stagliano on 1/13/05 at 6:39 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.134

I think that everyone knows what a terrible natural disaster this was and it would be impossible to see these pictures and not be moved. However, it would be nice to be perceived as the good guys for a change.

Where's The Beef

This response submitted by wilson on 1/13/05 at 6:58 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.134

Kinda wanting to know;;; Why the people in Calif;where the mud slides are,arn't getting any support?
The government just wants to condemn the town!WHERE'S the BEEF...
Spend our money HERE first.

Who thinks that?

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/13/05 at 6:59 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.161

Jim, I would cite a very revealing post that shows just that, but apparently it was deleted by Ken. Apparently Ken decided it was as disgusting as I did. Lots of our "distinquised" colleagues chimed in though.

Yes, it would be nice to be perceived as the good guys again wouldn't it? Perhaps we should do more of the above and less aggressive military ventures?

Yeah Wilson like we are so poor we

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/13/05 at 7:01 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.161

need international aid. Give me a break.

Cecil, Wilson did'nt say we needed International aid.....

This response submitted by Mac on 1/13/05 at 7:56 PM. ( vabowhunter@worldnet.att.net ) 216.54.8.18

he just stated he would like to see our money spent here first, and I have to say that to a point I must agree. Yes we are one of the weathiest nations in the world, and to the best of my knowledge we are the most giving, but even so, I must also question as to why our civil servants arn't paid more for our local protection and why some of that money can't be filtered more to our domestic programs. It's always a good thing to help others, but we should, IMHO, take better care of our own more as well. I guess it's just kinda hard to do with all the buracratic B.S.
Mac

Well Mac we give more than other countries but...

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/13/05 at 8:48 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.161

per capita we give less. It's kind of deceiving. Some of the most generaous countries are the Scandanavian countries.

Well considering...

This response submitted by Evelyn on 1/13/05 at 9:03 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.134

that half of the 167,000 dead from the Tsunami were children the argument that just a "bunch of terrorists" were killed just got washed out of the window. It was a terrible natural catastrophe I don't wish on anyone. How many of the victims were tourists from other countries. I believe they said tourists from 57 countries died, 3,000 Americans still missing, thousands of Hindus and Buddists dead. I don't hardly consider Hindus and Buddists terrorists. Neither are the majority of Muslims.

I am glad that Ken deleted those posts that Cecil spoke of. They were disgusting and showed the "not so nice side" of some of the better known regulars on here.

I also agree with Wilson. Our government must not forget its own people in need. Texas residents who had lost everything in the big November flood were just turned down for federal aid. thje government said that the state and insurance companies need to take care of them. Well not everybody had insurance. Most people can't afford it. That should not happen in a country as rich as ours.

If we can give millions of dollars in aid to other needy countries (which I do not oppose by no means) then we also need to give it to our own who are in need.

Help Our Own FIRST

This response submitted by Tom on 1/13/05 at 10:24 PM. ( ) 207.19.167.250

This crap is out of hand. I wish just once that people would stop and think what is wrong in this country! I cannot believe how much money has been raised for this cause. It blows my mind every time I here the new figure. It also pisses me off. Why can't we do this for our own people? You do not see any fund raisers for the people in southern Ohio who had everything washed away by the Ohio river the other week do you? You do not see anyone having one for the elderly that have to decide if they want to buy food or the prescription drugs they need to stay alive do you? You do not see anything for the children that have no health insurance or a hot meal every day do you? Do you get my point CECIL? I doubt you do because I do not think you care. What have YOU done for "our" people in need? I am betting nothing. Iam not against helping anybody, but it would be nice to see our country unite to help those who need it right here at home. Our country is run by a bunch of idiots, ALL of them, republican or demacrat it doesn't matter they are all a bunch of crooked no good idiots. No politicion is in it for the better of this country, contrary to what they might try to feed you. They are in it to make their lives better. They could care less about the commem folks who bust their asses day in and day out to try and make a living for their family and come up short. If you dont believe that a pretty good reminder will be when you fill your taxes out This year. Just think your tax dollars this year will be going to the tsunami relief Bull$$#&...This country is in bad shape and only getting worse, I feel bad for my children because they have to look forward to this mess that has been created in this country, it is scary as hell to think about it.

OK guys, enough tear jerking

This response submitted by George on 1/13/05 at 10:29 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.134

Cecil, kindly tell me just how much the Arab countries have donated to their own kind. The oil barons- how much. OH, I know already. The big 4 oil states decided to give $30 million but were embarrassed enough to raise it to $70 million. This comes from countries making $15 billion EVERY MONTH. The mullahs tell other Arabs that those that died "deserve it because they were "infidels" who were tourists or that the only reason they were near the beach was to "fornicate". Kofi Annan's stooge calls us "stingy" and the usual liberal N.Y. Times agrees, yet they ignore that little fact that the U.N. hasn't obligated DIDDLY compared to the U. S.

Your sanctimonious and condescending comment about, "lie we are so poor we need international aid" is more of your senseless, self-serving blather. Those people in California have lost EVERYTHING, but they're Americans and they're disposable commodities to people like you who want to sit in judgement of others. The U.S. is expected to shoulder all of our own tragedies and then take care of the world as well. You want to piss and moan about fossil fuels running out one day and don't have sense enough to understand that we could also run out of money one day. YOU and the media have played "for the children" so long that it's tired rhetoric. They call it the "compassion factor amplifier" now. Even the U.N. admits that SOME workers are endangering themselves by being in areas where the local terrorists hate American good will, but that's OK with you. We need to get out of Iraq but it's OK to be in Southeast Asia again. Saddam can murder 5 to 7 million of his own countrymen but that's not big deal to you, yet only 150,000 died during a natural disaster and you take that on as your cause celebre. Where was your righteous indignation over Saddam, Cecil? Why do you have to be such a hypocrite?

This response submitted by JEM on 1/14/05 at 8:54 AM. ( ) 64.179.71.115

sure are allot of folks to die. I heard (thru the media - so who knows if it is true) that 150,000 people die per week in all the 3rd world countries from some of the more 'simple' diseases -as we know them.

Last I read

This response submitted by Mike on 1/14/05 at 12:09 PM. ( ) 209.206.208.227

The numbers were much higher, that Indonesia alone was 200,000 +.

starving

This response submitted by giuseppe on 1/15/05 at 3:00 PM. ( ) 158.57.45.226

i work in new york city ,and i see many people sleeping in cardboard boxes in the middle of winter. also they go thru garbage to find something to eat. and usually i buy a soda and sandwich for who ever i see.i think its okay to help other country. but we should take care ours people first, many of those homeless people are ex soldiers that fough for us and we repay them by trowing them in the street. that is wrong.politician are working on usa image to show other counntry how great we are, show them our ex soldiers sleeping in the street thats our thru image

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu