US Outfitters and Non-Resident Hunters being targeted

Submitted by George on 1/14/05 at 11:09 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.202

This is still a hot button issue to those of us either living in the big game rich West or those who don't live there but would like to hunt there.

I've been paying blackmail money to Arizona for a couple years now. The've offered me "preference points", but it's still slush fund money that many of you have defended. Each year, I send $100 to them as a "non-refundable fee" to gain a preference point toward actually drawing an elk tag there. Remember, I have no actual plans of going there and they have no plans of allowing me to, but they still take $100 just for "bookkeeping".

Now there is correspondence about how they intend to sidestep ruling from two lost court battles. EXTORTION! I was told today that they are considering adding a $3200 'trophy tag" to non-resident licenses. This would mean that any hunter who doesn't live in that state would have to pay nearly $10,000 to hunt elk in America.

So for all of you who are "NON-Residents" like me, I have some suggestions. (1) Do not join nor contribute to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. This organization, much like DU is just a yuppie clan collecting big money to buy up tracts of land that WON'T be available to you at a reasonable price. (2) Write you congressmen and let them know that you take exception to the massive amounts of Pittman-Robertson funds being disproportionally sent to these Western states. Why should the majority of the US hunter population be required to subsidize programs that they are being penalized with limited access. And (3) HUNT CANADA. With all the hassles of crossing the border with firearms, you can still get a fair chase opportunity in the Canadian Rockies for less than $7,000.

And if all else fails and you would still like to have an elk in your trophy room, apply to the Indian reservations that guarantee you trophy potential OR simply go to a game farm and shoot one. Though high priced, you save air fare, license fees, time.

I'm sorry if this offends my friends in the West, and I understand life isn't always fair. But I'm not required to play if I don't want to. I sincerely hope that your DNR's can survive on the paltry resident license fees you pay , but don't bet on it. When non-residents stop spending money on tags, food, lodging, transportation and clothing along with outfitter fees, bureaucracies always resort to raising user fees. When THAT happens, you'll know exactly how we feel right now.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Although it's on a whole 'nother...

This response submitted by marty on 1/14/05 at 11:27 PM. ( ) 24.15.101.58

...finacial plateau (that I surely couldn't afford), but how is this any different than paying higher non-resident license/tag fees for other game in any other state? I know it stinks for us po folks, but that's the way I see things going (and have been going). I can't get permission to duck, goose, deer or pheasant hunt anywhere around here anymore. All the big wigs have bought up rights to hunt the locals land. And the little guy loses out.

I think you answered yourself George. Don't hunt there anymore. And don't support the groups that are supposedly helping the animal numbers (for all hunters?) Let the big wigs finance them too...

Reciprocity

This response submitted by cur on 1/14/05 at 11:32 PM. ( ) 4.227.118.196

If they add the huge fee you purport, then they would be subject to reciprocity from other states in rebuttal. You say that you expend $100 annualy, (sic) "even though you do not plan to hunt there". That does not compute - at least where my logic is concerned.

As far as the RMEF is concerned, I do not support them, simply because I think that the organization is an opportunist group that is about as effective as a match-stick fly swatter.

Sounds to me as if you are a tad dissapointed at not having been drawn for the hunt. I personally think that your grief should be a Supreme Court issue, since the state, in this case, seems to be taking unfair advantage of a native biotica situation. Of course that is not for me to decide.

As far as hunting Canada goes, I will hunt there again when they come crawling here on bended knees. That sorry-assed country was our buddy as long as they were afraid that Russia would cross the North Pole and take their lands. Now that the Russian threat has left the horizon, the true colors of our neighbors to the north are blazing a bright Yellow. Screw 'em. I wouldn't hunt there for the last elk on this planet!

No Bill, you don't understand it

This response submitted by George on 1/14/05 at 11:58 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

We HAD planned to ATTEMPT to hunt Arizona in 2006. The chances of a non-resident draw is almost nil if you intend to hunt the year that your apply for the license. To hedge that bet, Arizona and several others on several other species entice you to "contribute" $100 in years prior to your planned hunt in hopes that these "preference points" will make you more likely to get drawn to hunt in the year you planned.

In OTHER words, US Outfitters and I had a contract. They would charge me $3600 to hunt elk in Arizona IF I agreed to pay them a one time fee of $120 to keep submitting my name for preference points + about $20 a year for their administrative costs. I WOULD however, have to pay whatever "non-refundable fee" Arizona chose to charge me for this preference point. Aside from transportation, food and lodging before the hunt, I was PLANNING on spending about $500 for an Arizona tag when I drew it after having paid $300 to $400 for those hallowed "preference points. Added to the $3600 outfitter fee, that would have made my total hunt package about $5000. Now it looks like it's going to be closer to $10,000 and I can go on a damned GOOD brown bear hunt in Siberia and take TWO bears for that kind of money. I can hunt Dall sheep in Alaska along with wolf and black bear and include the lodging and airfare + licenses for that kind of money.

Hunting trophy class animals IS big money by any standard. My gripe is the way that non-residents are being exploited. And to answer you statement, I probably WON'T go there to hunt. I can find better ways to piss away my hard earned cash and I'm sure I can find others willing to take it without trying to hose me in the process.

Wanna Hunt Big Game...

This response submitted by Frank on 1/15/05 at 1:05 AM. ( ) 208.29.146.18

The way I see it the west is just locking the doors on there states. Africa has a lot to offer for really big game a lot cheaper then then for one western elk. You can fly out to africa and take a hafe a dozen heads for hafe price of one elk.

Montana

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 1/15/05 at 1:21 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

Check em out Geo! One of my good friends heads out there regularly and has no problem getting licensed. But I'm sure ya knew that! Jeff F.

George,

This response submitted by Jim B on 1/15/05 at 1:25 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

I understand what you are saying and I don't see anything wrong with your suggestions.You have to realize that these fees come as a direct result of USO's lawsuits that tried to shove something down the throats of states that didn't want it.All because they were greedy.I heard yesterday,that Nevada and other states have followed suit.The bottom line is,George Tolman's greed backfired on him and opened up this hornet's nest.If he hadn't filed these lawsuits,there wouldn't be these fees.He screwed himself and he sure didn't help you.Now it's even more of a rich man's sport.If you ask me an elk isn't worth $5000 dollars anyway.There are a lot of things that I would love to hunt but either can't afford or just don't think it's worth it.My solution has always been-just go do something else.Screw 'em.

With those prices, seems like it be worth

This response submitted by Hogger on 1/15/05 at 4:33 AM. ( ) 4.7.219.122

chancing poaching. You only pay if you get caught and the fines would probably come to that amount or maybe less. And that's if you lose the case. Besides most western states have like one game officer for so many hundred square miles. Let them take that money they are soaking us for and spend it on enhancing game enforcement. If hunting big game on public land becomes that ridiculously expensive and the average middle class meat and potatos guy can't get out and hunt him an elk without taking out a second mortgage, I look at the poaching alternative as a "Robin Hood" way of dealing with it. We pay the bulk of the taxes that fund outdoor activities. Our tax money should not have to go to footing the bill for the privelaged to enjoy. I expect to catch some grief for these remarks. Some will see this attitude as sinister, while most would applaude the idea of shooting to death someone who you caught in your house stealing something, yet that too... is illigal (the shooting). To me it's six of one, half dozen the other.
And another thing. This (commercializing of hunting)is the very reason I've always felt that it's up to the little guy hunters to take care of one another. You got a guy from another state wants to hunt your state? Make a friend. Take him along and then join him on a hunt in his state. Have a hunter network going. This is how I hunt other states. And I have hosted other hunters in my state. And we all have a great time and get by a little cheaper $$$. I know this doesn't save you the non-resident license fees. But it cuts out the biggest cost... the outfitter. And for the record, this is not a slam on outfitters. They serve a purpose and I have used one once with great results.

It is a mess

This response submitted by Tom on 1/15/05 at 7:36 AM. ( ) 207.19.167.251

I tell you it is a mess out west . I had an "outfitter" try to kick me off of BLM land last fall while Antelope hunting. I knew I was in the right but he still told me I was tresspassing on "leased" ground. I told him to kiss my a## and went to the BLM office and reported his butt to the DNR. I should have pressed hunter harrasment charges on him but I didn't. The outfitters are the ones ruining it for everyone. I had the warden for the area I hunt tell me that he is fed up with dealing with the as$h^les and something needs to be done, but what can you do? I would not give USO outfitters the sweat off of my a@@. They are only taking advantage of the people and the resource as far as i am concerned. ALL tax paying American people have the right to hunt the public land that is avaliable out west. You should not have to deal with the Bulls^%t that you do and 99% of it is because of the damn outfitters that are operating out west, plain and simple.

"Only the rich can afford"

This response submitted by duckfeathers on 1/15/05 at 8:22 AM. ( ) 68.163.21.202

Where does a taxidermist fit in? We'll,we are the servants of those who can afford. As an individual we have little chance of influencing anything. Thus there are organized groups. So much for that.
With artistry in our blood we have chosen our own paths. The only way to beat the financial limitations is to create a flow of $$$$ into our own pocket. Yes it is true that those with more cash get more game. That's the way it is. We are not communists.
Maybe someone will read your post and just give you their Az elk tag because they think you have a point or feel sorry for you.
Or you can move to Az and become a resident. And don't forget to buy a lottery ticket. You know sometimes the biggest problem for a taxidermist is that he becomes his/her own best customer.

Private property states.......

This response submitted by Hip-O Taxidermy on 1/15/05 at 10:02 AM. ( hipo@direcay.com ) 66.82.9.36

Hunting is becoming big business, the local ranchers in this area due to years of drought have cut back on cattle numbers and turned to hunting. While a little pricey on some ranches, your guranteed pretty good hunting on some large ranches (50,000 to 200,000 acres)that haven't been hunted very hard in recent years. There are still some of the ranches that are trying to keep hunts affordable, and there is varied game ranging from Desert Mule deer, Aoudad, Elk, white-tail, Mtn. Lions, all the way down to prairie dogs. No drawings, just buy an out of state license, think it runs around $250, then book a hunt. It's the way of things for property owners trying to hang on their land.........

I

This response submitted by wilson on 1/15/05 at 10:14 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

I disagree; If your to lazy to send in your own app. each year someone should charge you.If you can;t or wont go scout yourself,someone should charge you,if I own the land and pay good money for it I have a right to charge you to walk on it.And If you don;t like how RMEF is being run,join and change it.

I don;t think it;s anyone's right to hunt anywhere they want; sometimes we think we/I am the only one that wants to hunt a particular place. I have 5 points, to hunt an area here in my state and do I think you should be able to hunt their before me ,,, NO.
It takes 12 points to draw for there, that means in 2012 I'll be able to hunt that area.

The funny thing is , even if you lived in Arizona ;with everything you said and want the price would be the same,the outfiter charges the same.

Wilson, you and Jim are barking up the wrong tree

This response submitted by George on 1/15/05 at 11:18 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

George Tolman isn't the villian here, it's the system. What difference does it make if I send in my application or George does? $20? That's all USO gets, the rest GOES TO ARIZONA ANYWAY. As for his "greed", I don't see him getting rich off of a $3600 hunt when most of that goes to the actual guide/outfitter. George is nothing but a booking agent like any other booking agent. His only stipulation is that all his outfitters charge the same price for the same hunt. No one holds these outfitters hands in a fire.

And Wilson, no one said ANYTHING about the "right to hunt anyplace they want". Nothing is a right when you're expected to exchange cash for the priviledge. My question is why am I expected to pay 5 to 10 times as much for the "priviledge" than a resident is? And don't push this to a "private" land issue,because again, the state isn't "private". Nor is the federal lands on the US Forestry tracts. If I want a truly trophy class animal, I can just as easily pay the Jicarilla and not have to play any of the games. I notice no one has complained about the Jicarilla "gouging" and "stealing from the residents".

SUPPLY AND DEMAND; what a great country!

This response submitted by Jim Marsico on 1/15/05 at 12:04 PM. ( ) 63.227.249.26

One thing for sure is that you taxidermists that charge less than a $1000. for an elk shoulder mount are fools! Every year here Wyoming raises the costs to non residents and they complain plenty but you know what? the state does not care as long as they still sell EVERY lic. they have to sell and then they still have a waiting line for them! Same goes for all these western states. So when a hunter comes into my studio after a guided hunt for elk and I see he paid $750. for the lic. and 4 to 7 thousand $ for the hunt and his costs of coming and going here, plus the extras and I provide a great job at a reasonable turn over, he is going to pay top dollar for taxidermy, AND THEY DO! If I charged low ball who would I be screwing? IT IS NOT A MEAT HUNT. It is an overall experience; AND WORTH EVERY PENNY PAID. Try applying for bighorn sheep and then elk hunts out west will then seem cheap. What did you pay for you're last new pickup truck?

George

This response submitted by wilson on 1/15/05 at 12:26 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

George, so what your complaining about is the price you have to pay for an out of state ELK hunting tag [out west] ;my state $490. . I think all the states are about the same that have elk hunting.
I don;t see that to be a big deal. Hehe hell that is one turkey mount with enough left over to pay for gas and food.

George call your dow and ask them ;your state does the same thing ===small game in state =$12.50===out of state $86.00

make tags unlimited

This response submitted by gill on 1/15/05 at 1:07 PM. ( ) 216.228.55.184

The reason people want to hunt in the west is because the animals are good size, and the crowds are few. make it unlimited tags, that lasts for one year, then eveyone will be shooting 2 points, and spikes, if they can find them. then no one will want to come here anyomore. I was raised in Pennsylvania, lived in Florida, now live in Montana. I love it, make my living off out of staters, which I will always be one of. I say lower prices for everyone, but keep the lottery system, with "if you drew last year, your chance isn't as good this year". to give everyone a chance. honest, fair, simple.
gill

Thanks George

This response submitted by Alex on 1/15/05 at 1:34 PM. ( ) 66.32.151.235

For that info, and I Agree with you

Good points guys

This response submitted by George on 1/15/05 at 1:37 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.135

And Jim, you're right about the pricing of elk. I can't believe some of the guys around me charging $400 for an ELK. I laugh and tell my lowball customers to go to them.

And Wilson, in the big scheme of things, you're right (even if it hurts to admit it.

Gill, I know you're right in that. We can't keep them from shooting spike WHITETAILS so, your point is more than valid. I guess what really chafes my behind is that the RMEF has made all us flatlanders feel that we've helped the elk sustain and expand their areas when in reality, we just funded another building or another bronze for them to sell.

IDEALLY, a state could sell one tag a lifetime for a non-resident. If you burned it on a spike or a forky, then you're done in that state forever. Have that on each trophy species. I know lots of places have that on the wild sheep and grizzly bears.

OK, since this will never happen again...

This response submitted by marty on 1/15/05 at 4:36 PM. ( ) 24.15.101.58

George, you spelled "privilege" incorrectly... :)

LMAO Marty, yes it will

This response submitted by George on 1/15/05 at 8:39 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.135

I type rather fast for an old man and most times my mind is still a little faster than my fingers. I have lots of problems with the "theY" and leaving off letters line "one" instead of "once". The usual I and E reversals and "there" and "their" though I certainly know better. My WORST habit is not re-reading and hitting "TAB" "Space" after that last period is hit. I'm not at all surprised by my misspelling at times, but it's not because I don't know better.

Tough for residents to take

This response submitted by K Libby on 1/22/05 at 9:53 PM. ( klibby2006@aol.com ) 64.12.116.135

The suit by Tollman has or will affect most western states. The basis of the suit is that disciminating between resident tag numbers and the lesser non resident tags interfered with interstate commerce. The 9th circuit agreed. By using hunting as interstate commerce he has now driven a wedge between most hunters in most states. The wording in this action pretty much tells the story it is not about defending hunting or the rights of hunters its about money. This has opened a door for anti hunters that most states are scrambling to close.
Nevada has been a state that has tried to keep the tag fees down and has done a good job. Applying on line a person had to only pay application fees up front then if you drew a tag you were charged, that will probebly change.This action has just taken a huge step towards making hunting a rich mans sport.

turn your tv off

This response submitted by curt from michigan on 2/6/05 at 1:56 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.135

quit watching those outdoor trophy shows! the commercalization of hunting is killing our sport. I have been talked into applying to az for elk by my dad and brother and have bagged 5 bonus points so far(any good reciepies for preferrence points out there?) try deer hunting in illinois, over 12000 NR tags sold as fast as they could enter the visa numbers. the residents hate us aliens because now all the land owners want 20-25 dollars an acre to hunt their place. so now the residents all have to crowd in on what little public land there is, what a mess. i tried a guide in IL who wanted me and everyone else to use just one stand, everyone except the 3 guys from a big name archery company who got 10 times the acreage and a pile of extra stands to choose from, who paid for these 3 guys? simple answers anywhere? nope. but what were to happen if nobody showed up at the hunting and guide expos for a year? what would happen if no one applied to the great AZ or IL for a year? just a thought, good hunting, curt

nevada

This response submitted by jerry e on 2/9/05 at 2:07 PM. ( ) 209.179.168.52

I have reed all the above and her are a few facts that all you a-h%les need to know .
If uso and the non-residents sucseed in the law suit now pending and the restraining order the none of us will be able to hunt in Nevada this year or possibly any year.
I take re offence to some one from another state coming in and telling me that i cannot hunt in my own state. this is what is happening here. if the law suit goes thew then all they have done is to turn honest hunters in to poachers. if you want sh*t in some ones back yard then do it in your own state and leave us alone. my brother has come from out of state several times and hunted nevada and he has taken some nice deer. But the elk herds is young and if these NON-RESDENT A-H*LES get thier way we eont have any.
The rmef has had a great impaked in helping to reclaim unused land that not even deer will use because of the lack of water and put in guzzlers with donated money and now we have ELK! here.
If you have not got the time to find out the facks and you just want to jump on the band wagon then don't.
The fight has just begun. I am a long time resident of this state and if you think that i am going to set back and let you rich upper class a44-h8les come in and tell me i cannot hunt because it offends you right to fee comerce then bring it on. i will see you out there.
you come into our state and do every thing you can from shooting cattle , cutting fences ,tearing up habitat, leaveing your trash,tearing up the roads with your atvs and four wheel drives.
then you file lawsuis that open the doors for the animalrihgts people, and the anti gun coalistions along with the anti hunters that do not understand that for some of us that cannot aford to buy beef because of the price ( witche by the way is controled by the rich oil class.)
uso and the non resident hunters do not have the right to come in to my state where it took me 10 years of putting in for an elk and 5 for an antalope before i got the chance to hunt. I used to comlain about it until i found out the facts .
our dept. is not targeting any one group of hunters the are how ever trying to buld up a herd thats has suffered in the passed becuase of just such attitudes as you pr88ks. I have applied to oregon ,montana wyoming and utah for big game tags and am still waitng. Ther for i go bird hunting or fishing instead.
as for the fees charged if you sucseed in getting what you want the i hopt the nev,dept.wildlife charges you 50,000.00 dallors for every animal you want to hunt in my state and lets me and the residents of nev. to hunt for freeee.
Why do you feel that the wildlife that was put on this earth as food for us hsould be you one private cash cow. Do you think you have the right to go out buy up massive tracks of land post it no tresspassing and keep any of us off public lands. I don't just say no but hell no.
my brother and i archery hunt and like to go where there are no other hunters just becuase of such attitudes as yours.For years and years the rich morones back east have been telling those of us out west how we are going to do thing up to and including how the Native Americans were to be handled. I say stay where you are and let us run our own states.
you want every thing given to you but you do not want to pay the going rate. you want us to give up 50% of our tags so that you can sell the to the highest bidder. I say no! If you want to sell them for 3600 dollars the give the state you hunting in 50% of the profit to help fund the departments.
You say that the way it is now is violating the fair commerce law. Well i say if you cna charge 3600 for guided hunts the why soudn't the depatments get some too. But remember you still have the locals to fight.

nevada

This response submitted by jerry e on 2/9/05 at 2:16 PM. ( ) 209.179.168.52

I have reed all the above and her are a few facts that all you a-h%les need to know .
If uso and the non-residents sucseed in the law suit now pending and the restraining order the none of us will be able to hunt in Nevada this year or possibly any year.
I take re offence to some one from another state coming in and telling me that i cannot hunt in my own state. this is what is happening here. if the law suit goes thew then all they have done is to turn honest hunters in to poachers. if you want sh*t in some ones back yard then do it in your own state and leave us alone. my brother has come from out of state several times and hunted nevada and he has taken some nice deer. But the elk herds is young and if these NON-RESDENT A-H*LES get thier way we eont have any.
The rmef has had a great impaked in helping to reclaim unused land that not even deer will use because of the lack of water and put in guzzlers with donated money and now we have ELK! here.
If you have not got the time to find out the facks and you just want to jump on the band wagon then don't.
The fight has just begun. I am a long time resident of this state and if you think that i am going to set back and let you rich upper class a44-h8les come in and tell me i cannot hunt because it offends you right to fee comerce then bring it on. i will see you out there.
you come into our state and do every thing you can from shooting cattle , cutting fences ,tearing up habitat, leaveing your trash,tearing up the roads with your atvs and four wheel drives.
then you file lawsuis that open the doors for the animalrihgts people, and the anti gun coalistions along with the anti hunters that do not understand that for some of us that cannot aford to buy beef because of the price ( witche by the way is controled by the rich oil class.)
uso and the non resident hunters do not have the right to come in to my state where it took me 10 years of putting in for an elk and 5 for an antalope before i got the chance to hunt. I used to comlain about it until i found out the facts .
our dept. is not targeting any one group of hunters the are how ever trying to buld up a herd thats has suffered in the passed becuase of just such attitudes as you pr88ks. I have applied to oregon ,montana wyoming and utah for big game tags and am still waitng. Ther for i go bird hunting or fishing instead.
as for the fees charged if you sucseed in getting what you want the i hopt the nev,dept.wildlife charges you 50,000.00 dallors for every animal you want to hunt in my state and lets me and the residents of nev. to hunt for freeee.
Why do you feel that the wildlife that was put on this earth as food for us hsould be you one private cash cow. Do you think you have the right to go out buy up massive tracks of land post it no tresspassing and keep any of us off public lands. I don't just say no but hell no.
my brother and i archery hunt and like to go where there are no other hunters just becuase of such attitudes as yours.For years and years the rich morones back east have been telling those of us out west how we are going to do thing up to and including how the Native Americans were to be handled. I say stay where you are and let us run our own states.
you want every thing given to you but you do not want to pay the going rate. you want us to give up 50% of our tags so that you can sell the to the highest bidder. I say no! If you want to sell them for 3600 dollars the give the state you hunting in 50% of the profit to help fund the departments.
You say that the way it is now is violating the fair commerce law. Well i say if you cna charge 3600 for guided hunts the why soudn't the depatments get some too. But remember you still have the locals to fight.
As marty put it in his response this puts us po folks in a hard way.
but as the rest of po folks know we do not have a say in the matter as it is left up to the rich upper class collage educated idiots that do not have enough common sence to pore p*ss out of a boot.
Fair commerce this is a term that only rich use when they don't get thre one way. yes i have the right too but i woudl rather see these lasey hunters that con not find there own ass in a dark room learn how the stalk, use the wind, follow tracks and all the other skills of a true hunter before they go out and pay some poor rich guid to do it for them.
final note -- stay out of nevada

nevada - spelling corrected

This response submitted by jerry e on 2/9/05 at 2:33 PM. ( ) 209.179.168.52

If uso and the non-residents succeed in the law suit now pending and the restraining order the none of us will be able to hunt in Nevada this year or possibly any year.
I take offence to some one from another state coming in and telling me that i cannot hunt in my own state. this is what is happening here. if the law suit goes threw then all they have done is to turn honest hunters in to poachers. if you want sh*t in some ones back yard then do it in your own state and leave us alone. my brother has come from out of state several times and hunted nevada and he has taken some nice deer. But the elk herds is young and if these NON-RESDENT A-H*LES get thier way we won't have any.
The rmef has had a great impact in helping to reclaim unused land that not even deer will use because of the lack of water and put in guzzlers with donated money and now we have ELK! here.
If you have not got the time to find out all the facks and you just want to jump on the band wagon then don't.
The fight has just begun. I am a long time resident of this state and if you think that i am going to set back and let you rich upper class a44-h8les come in and tell me i cannot hunt because it offends your right to free commerce then bring it on. i will see you out there.
then you file lawsuis that open the doors for the animal rights people, and the anti gun coalistions along with the anti hunters that do not understand that for some of us that cannot afford to buy beef because of the price ( which by the way is controled by the rich oil class.)
uso and the non resident hunters do not have the right to come in to my state where it took me 10 years of putting in for an elk and 5 for an antalope before i got the chance to hunt. I used to complain about it until i found out the facts .
our dept. is not targeting any one group of hunters the are how ever trying to build up a herd thats has suffered in the passed becuase of just such attitudes as you pr88ks. I have applied to oregon ,montana wyoming and utah for big game tags and am still waitng. Ther for i go bird hunting or fishing instead.
as for the fees charged if you succeed in getting what you want the i hopt the nev,dept.wildlife charges you 50,000.00 dollars for every animal you want to hunt in my state and lets me and the residents of nev. to hunt for free.
Why do you feel that the wildlife that was put on this earth as food for us should be you one private cash cow. Do you think you have the right to go out buy up massive tracks of land post it no tresspassing and keep any of us off public lands. I don't just say no but hell no.
my brother and i archery hunt and like to go where there are no other hunters just becuase of such attitudes as yours.For years and years the rich morons back east have been telling those of us out west how we are going to do thing up to and including how the Native Americans were to be handled. I say stay where you are and let us run our own states.
You say that the way it is now is violating the fair commerce law. Well i say if you can charge 3600 for guided hunts the why soudn't the depatments get some too. But remember you still have the locals to fight.
As marty put it in his response this puts us po folks in a hard way.
but as the rest of po folks know we do not have a say in the matter as it is left up to the rich upper class collage educated idiots that do not have enough common sence to pore p*ss out of a boot.
Fair commerce this is a term that only rich use when they don't get there one way. yes i have the right too but i woudl rather see these lasey hunters that connot find there own ass in a dark room learn how the stalk, use the wind, follow tracks and all the other skills of a true hunter before they go out and pay some poor rich guid to do it for them.
final note -- stay out of nevada

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu