privacy invasion ?

Submitted by Michael Sestak on 1/15/05 at 7:37 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.202

for those of you who believe that "big brother" is coming, he's already here in the form of RFID "tags" these tags can be imbedded in your clothing, money, food boxes, and every product you buy.
this is scary because of the abuse that could happen with this.
Michelin tire company is going to put them inside your tires, wal-mart and gillette are already ordering them with wal mart purchasing 500 million of them to track your purchases.
this is to much for me to write here so i have included a link to a news story found with a google search, for more info use the link or do a google search....this one bothers me.

news.com.com/2010-1069-980325.html - 41k - Jan 14, 2005

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Sorry

This response submitted by Michael Sestak on 1/15/05 at 7:42 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.136

the above link wont work, i got an error message from CNET news when i tried it, i guess i should have tried it first, then posted it.
but if you are interested in more info on RFID tags do a google search, i did, some U.S. jails have already inserted them into criminals to track their movements, while this is okay with me, the scary part is that it can be put into our clothing and money, who knows how this information will be used.
i dont do anything that i am worried about, i just dont like people nosing into my business uninvited, they simply dont have the right to do so.

Walmart, etc. have been using them...

This response submitted by marty on 1/15/05 at 7:50 PM. ( ) 24.15.101.58

...for several years now and their profits have increased substantially. The tags (from what I understand) are used to deter employee theft and are suppose to be removed once the consumer purchases the product. And they also aid in tracking their products - speeding up inventory checks significantly. Again, they're suppose to be removed prior to the consumer purchasing the item...

I don't know Marty

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/15/05 at 7:54 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.224

I think Michael is talking about a different type of tag. Could be wrong though.

Add the www.

This response submitted by TR on 1/15/05 at 8:05 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.136

Add the www. and it will come up

GEEZ guys, did Chicken Little DIE?

This response submitted by George on 1/15/05 at 8:28 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.136

Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) is the next generation bar code for cripes sake. I remember hearing these same horror stories when bar codes were put on everything. People were saying that the width of the bar could be traced right to your house and that secret information being collected by the government was tracking your every move. These things are going to erased by the cash register just like today's metal clip on tags used to stop shoplifting. If it's not deactivated, then alarms will sound as you pass through a door screener. It also will automatically adjust inventory and rerequisition when stock levels are below those set by the store. You guys need to get a grip. Why not ask some more stupid crap about Krotann. Everyone else is.

Just because some of us

This response submitted by KB on 1/15/05 at 9:12 PM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

are paranoid about government conspiracies doesn't mean there aren't any. It's no secret that a lot of powerful people are busy planning the "one world government", and have been planning it for decades. There are a lot of new things in our society that could be abused in scary ways if a bad government decided to. How about "on-star" tracking in our cars? I'm sure it's wonderful if you get rescued by it, but if the government were looking for you, it wouldn't be so wonderful. How about the microchips in our dogs that we can also put in our kids now? If the government goes bad when those kids are grown, they'll be trackable. You may scoff at us worrying about these things, but misuse in the future is a very real possibility. This society isn't exactly going uphill, in my humble opinion. Think it can't happen? Our society is showing way too many of the same symptoms that were present in earlier world powers not too long before they fell. I hope it doesn't happen, but it surely could.

OH, KB, you could you miss the biggest paranoia

This response submitted by George on 1/15/05 at 10:26 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.136

CELL PHONES for cripe sake. And I'd bet YOU HAVE ONE or you are close to someone who HAS ONE RIGHT NOW. Just think how those things can be tracked and if you owed two or three of them you could divert the guys with the black suits and sunglasses awhile longer. Are you sure your dentist isn't in on it. Last time you had your teeth cleaned (you DO have them cleaned, don't you), are you sure he didn't imbed a chip in your filling while you couldn't see? Cars already have black boxes in them and traffic lights have cameras and there are GPS satellites circling the earth right now. There are spy cameras in some of them that can tell your eye color from outspace and they're ALWAYS WATCHING YOU.

I'm sorry, but I've wasted enough of my life on frivolous things and I hope I have too much left to lose sleep in worrying WHY anyone would want to know what type of toilet paper I was using.

Well Geroge

This response submitted by cur on 1/15/05 at 10:40 PM. ( ) 4.226.240.232

Conspiracy theories make us feel significant.

Hey

This response submitted by CapeFear on 1/16/05 at 12:01 AM. ( cftaxidermy.alltel.net ) 162.39.117.56

This seems to be as good a time as any to plug my lunatic friend's new business venture. Underground bunkers, with all the bells and whistles. Who wants one? Marc R

George,

This response submitted by KB on 1/16/05 at 12:55 AM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

Just because I acknowledge the reality of these things doesn't mean I'm paranoid...I don't have any reason to be, because I'm not important enough for anybody to want to watch...actually I do have a cell phone, but I don't turn it on very often...does that matter?...my dog has a microchip, too, but only because she came with it from previous owners...I know about the satellites and traffic lights, etc. That was my point: that the technology is here...if somebody wants to watch you, they can, and it will keep getting worse. I personally don't like that, as Michael was saying. But since I don't do anything the government cares about yet, I'm probably safe (how about cancer from the phones?).

You're probably safe too, unless there's a good reason for somebody to want to know what kind of TP you use...of course, if you buy it at Walmart.....?

Also, the reason I started reading this forum instead of just the tanning and taxi ones is because you guys talk about things on this one that are more interesting than KROWTANN!

I have a dupid Krowtan question for ya Geo

This response submitted by Evelyn on 1/16/05 at 8:48 AM. ( ) 205.188.116.136

Do I have to mix the tan with water or can I just sprinkle it on the skin directly, afterall it is liquid. Wouldn't it tan my hide faster and better using it straight out of the bottle? I don't want to waste that much water. Have you seen my waterbill lately? Thanks for any info you can give me on this very interesting subject.

Humbly in your services

Superpig

LMAO

Krowtann question

This response submitted by Mr. T on 1/16/05 at 8:52 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.62

Can I use Krowtann in my gas tank? I would realy like to use it on my neighbors dog if it gets off of its chain. Also, I was woundering if I could use Krowtann as a cooking oil and fry stuff with it?

the size

This response submitted by michael sestak on 1/16/05 at 9:54 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.136

of the rfid tag i was talking about is the one thats the size of a grain of salt.
its main purpose is to track someone, you, the consumer.
U.S. jails are already using them and imbedding them into criminals, this isnt a big deal to me.
personally i like the part thats tracks the criminals.
and like george mentioned i know about cell phones, gps units, satellites, etc..
but i am against the government puting stuff in my clothing to track me.
maybe they do and maybe they dont...
but the technology is out there to be abused and no i am not paranoid and i dont stay awake at night thinking about this.
i just thought i would mention it, what gives uncle sam the right to do this without our consent.

Aliens?

This response submitted by Jack F on 1/16/05 at 11:57 AM. ( ) 24.97.78.149

I think we have been being watched by Aliens from another planet. I think they invented krowtann George. So please from now on out direct your krowtann questions to the Aliens that are lerking in the back LOL. Jack F

Oh Michael Get a Grip

This response submitted by George on 1/16/05 at 1:37 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.136

Read the link you supplied and stop looking up. Geese fly over occasionally and they're a much bigger threat than an RFID

I can attest to the geese threat

This response submitted by Evelyn on 1/16/05 at 3:30 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.136

got hit by six or seven all at one time. It was like a bombsquadron going by. Thank god I was in my car. But the windshield got pretty plastered. Had to pull into the next gas station which luckily was just a 1/4 mile down the road. For the next five minutes I scrubbed the windshield. My son thought it was funny.

So if geese fly overhead, whatever you do, DO NOT look up at them.

Geo you never answered my serious krowtan question. LOL

Don't worry

This response submitted by Ken R. Walker on 1/16/05 at 3:40 PM. ( () ) 154.11.98.45

When I worked in D.C. I met a lot of the people that would enforce such a conspiracy and between coffee breaks,paid holidays,and ranting like lunatics about evil Republicans,they aint got time to track anybody!

check this out

This response submitted by street preacher on 1/17/05 at 6:32 PM. ( ) 206.162.214.11

check out these websites www.infowars.com or www.prison planet.com.
this stuff is all documented by newspapers and news reports.
prepare yourself for the mark of the beast.

okay

This response submitted by michael sestak on 1/17/05 at 7:52 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.136

lets knock it off, the goverment wont track us nor will they take away our guns or even try to...they work for us.
register to vote and take control.

Can you say...

This response submitted by Craig on 1/19/05 at 11:41 PM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

Heil Bush!

http://www.falloutshelternews.com/BushHitlerLinks.html

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu