George; others; Prime Non resident deer hunting available

Submitted by Cecil on 1/19/05 at 7:34 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.244

No exorbitant fees.

My back yard. Bring night scopes. The deer only come through at night but they are dandies. LMAO

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Hoosier Back strap and fried hammer handles OH MY

This response submitted by BAM BAM EMERIL I AMGASSIE on 1/19/05 at 8:28 AM. ( ) 68.156.127.201

Hey Cecil
sounds great, can WE make it a combination hunting/ fishing trip, I've still got about 10 gallons of ROTONONE around here someplace...fish fry, them northerns and snakeheads should be about 16 inch by now! George your in charge of PECAN PIE and beer, Cur the wimmens and ketchup, I'll bring the seasoned flour ROTONONE, and trammel nets.....Wild game supper at Cecils....all nonresidents invited, no exorbitant fees, BUT please bring a covered dish.

Bam Bam

This response submitted by cur on 1/19/05 at 11:20 AM. ( ) 4.227.101.247

Have night scope, will travel. Do you want the catsup on the women or do you wish to apply it yourself?

catsup? catsdown?

This response submitted by BAM's Back on 1/19/05 at 11:49 AM. ( ) 68.156.127.150

Cur
reading in a former post that your roots are from Kentucky, I can pretty well tell by the vernacular used "catsup" that you must have hailed from Kenton Co at one time or other as that is the only county out of 120 that calls that red elixir of life "catsup"........the rest of the state claims it as ketchup, ands as soon as I move from my state of insanity to the state of Kentucky and win a seat in the House of Representatives I'll sponsor a Ketchup bill to get you hooligans up in northern KY in line....
I see on February 18-20 the Association of Indiana Taxidermists are having a convention, might be a good time to go, surely some of those guys will know how to "skint" a buck, or fillet a snakehead.....Will them knot head deer still have their knots then?
I'll just meet you on I 65 North at the 112 exit, BAM

Well, Bam

This response submitted by cur on 1/19/05 at 12:40 PM. ( ) 4.227.101.247

"Ketchup" is spelled catsup. Can't go from KY to IN if yer pullin' a trailer......IN requires license plates, KY does not. Of course they have reciprocity in that little blue book they carry, but Indiana Cops can't read. I been stopped a zillion times there for no boat trailer license. I just quit crossing the River, figure those Indiana boys can't hit ducks anyway, so we wait for them to cross over the line.

Mmmm, Ketchup

This response submitted by Homer on 1/19/05 at 4:34 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.134

Etymologically speaking, the English word ketchup, also spelled "catsup" and a dozen other ways, derives from the Malay (or Indonesian) word kecap (also spelled ketjap), which in turn was based on the Chinese word ke-tsiap. The Asian forerunner of ketchup was a type of fish sauce, which is to say fish (typically anchovies, and often fermented), dissolved in brine. When this sauce made its way to Europe in the 1600s, cooks began experimenting with different ingredients—besides anchovies, mushrooms, walnuts, oysters, and even lemons appeared in various ketchup recipes over the next couple of centuries. Salt was the only invariable ingredient; while some recipes included vinegar, few included sweeteners, and nearly all were quite runny. In the New World, tomatoes were known to be used in ketchup as early as the 1780s, though the first published recipe for tomato ketchup—created by James Mease, a physician and horticulturist from Philadelphia—dates only from 1812.

But it was not until 1872 that Henry J. Heinz developed the recipe his company still uses today. In contrast to conventional ketchup-making wisdom at the time, Heinz used ripe tomatoes, increased the proportion of vinegar in the recipe dramatically, added sugar, and flavored it with onion and a special blend of spices. The result was an extremely viscous condiment that included all the major taste components—salty, bitter, sweet, sour, and umami (or savory). This winning combination soon became the American definition of ketchup; although competitors' recipes differ in the details, the public no longer accepts anything as "ketchup" that doesn't fit the pattern of a thick, tangy, tomato-based sauce.

For more than a century, Heinz wisely followed a "don't mess with success" policy; only bottle shapes and sizes changed significantly. Plastic squeeze bottles were perhaps the best thing to happen to ketchup since the tomato, and the latest trend, upside-down "Easy Squeeze" bottles, are a work of genius that should earn someone a MacArthur Fellowship. Of less certain distinction was the range of bright ketchup colors Heinz experimented with a few years ago. First green ketchup appeared on the shelves, then purple (my personal favorite), and even, briefly, blue, pink, orange, and teal. While claiming the colors were "very popular with consumers," the company nevertheless discontinued them after a short time. Although they tasted just like red ketchup, I suspect too many people found the notion of blue tomatoes cognitively dissonant. Or maybe it's just that kids quickly tire of novelty.

For a brief period in 1981, the Reagan administration decreed that ketchup could be considered a vegetable for the purpose of satisfying nutritional requirements for school lunches. Because the government's edict used the spelling "ketchup," Del Monte found itself unable to sell its Catsup to schools, and quickly changed its spelling. Although public outcry soon resulted in ketchup's removal from the vegetable list, Del Monte kept its new spelling. That appears to have settled the question of spelling once and for all, while leaving unresolved the puzzle of why ketchup wasn't considered a fruit. But it could have been worse: if ketchup had maintained its original formula, it might now be considered a meat.

Ketchup is berry berry delicious on Cecils Northern Pike

This response submitted by BAM I AMGASSIE on 1/19/05 at 11:47 PM. ( ) 68.156.127.116

well probably the reason it was taken off the veggie list is its a berry according to the Georgia Ag Dept

http://www.agr.state.ga.us/html/gg_tomatoes.html

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu