Seasickness cure wrist band

Submitted by duckfeathers on 1/19/05 at 12:40 PM. ( ) 68.236.41.254

I understand there is now an electronic wrist band that a seasick person can put on and get relief. Anybody out there ever use one or know anything about them? Thank you for any info.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Yeah

This response submitted by cur on 1/19/05 at 1:12 PM. ( ) 4.227.101.247

And you can buy bras for boars. As a long time sea captain, I have seen little that will help some folks and a lot that help others. I have always thought the wrist band gizmos only help people who have a mental fear of the water. They give them a sense of ease, but I don't think they work for folks with real motion sickness. Best thing I have seen is the Transderm patches, and even they don't help some folks when the land falls below the horizon line.

Personally, I don't think anything short of 220V would help much. Besides, sick folks add to the chum line. I just keep feeding them.

That explains......

This response submitted by Hip-O Taxidermy on 1/19/05 at 2:13 PM. ( ) 66.82.9.19

all the fish in the pictures you send me.........

There are some things you can do.

This response submitted by JL on 1/19/05 at 4:05 PM. ( wmlures@metro2000.net ) 216.177.1.238

I do a lot of offshore fishing when the waters are a little rough to say the least, and I have a few friends who get sick while tied to the dock....let alone the North Atlantic chop.Most of the problems with people who have this problem (sea sickness) is they dont begin the prevention soon enough. Whether you use a patch or take pills don't wait till you're on the boat to begin treatment. Start the prevention the evening before you go to bed, then again WITH your breakfast, then again (time allowed) when you get to the boat.You must give the prevention dose time to get fully into your system before you become exposed to the movement of the boat and the horizon.Hope this helps you....good luck. (Old salt) JL

They do work for some

This response submitted by tcoop on 1/19/05 at 8:11 PM. ( ) 63.146.104.143

I don't know about electronic bands, but the elastic ones with a bead in them that push on a pressure point work. My son has motion sickness. Whenever we go any where over an hour, except on interstates, he will get sick. If he puts on the bands he gets better, not great, but better. If he gets them on before we start, there is no problem at all.

If we are going on a real long trip, or going to be on winding roads, he takes dramanine 1 hr. before we leave.

He has never been on the open sea, but on lakes in my bass boat he usually doesn't have a problem. If he does, he just slips on the bands.

Find a tilt a whirl and ride Sally ride.

This response submitted by JOhn on 1/20/05 at 12:09 AM. ( ) 70.178.74.104

Dont think much of any of the cures!

Look at the horizon in front or pick a point either side horizon and move with the waves, concetrate on it like you are surfing

Get drunk !

This response submitted by Bradlee on 1/20/05 at 11:40 AM. ( ) 12.215.49.73

I used to get sea sick every time . One day, I went out drunk and had a great time with no sickness. I never heard of the electric band but I do play in one and that seems to make people sick ! LOL
My mom got sea sick once when she went fishing with us and it seemed to help to just let her stay below deck while the boat was moving. once it stopped, she cought more than we did. Bradlee

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu