the TRUE icons of this industry, for sure

Submitted by Bill Yox on 1/1/05 at 5:43 PM. ( ) 67.138.12.13

We had fun listing icons, cornerstones and just famous people a few posts back. It got tangled up into our favorite artist, or most influential personal choice, etc. It still was fun, and we even managed to omitt a few good ones.

Ill tell you who we really ought to acknowledge, whether some would care to admit it or not. How about we ackowledge our spouses and family, those are truly the ones who over many years have allowed us the room, the time and tolerated us doing what we love. I know for a fact that many, many wives are working what we call a "good" job so that the hubby can break even at taxidermy. I know many wives who could care less about deer antlers or a stock wolverine ls skin. I know way too many wives that go without things while we hunt (taxidermy speciman procurment, of course) or persue our taxidermy dreams. They share the laundary room and garage for our shops, their privacy for our customers, the phone, you name it.

I know that not every single person in here shares this to the same degree, as some shops are husband/wife businesses, or studios that run so well as to leave a wife home and happy. But I do know that probably about 80% go the way I described first. Ive seen it first hand many times around the country.

I know what my wife and family has done for me, as well as done without over the years. Ive been spending a lot of time and effort trying to right some of those things lately. They get MY vote as an integral part of my business.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Bill you...................

This response submitted by Swampfox on 1/1/05 at 6:08 PM. ( ) 216.81.99.187

could't be more right. Very well said! My observations are the same and I'm sure anyone of honesty will agree. We all should thank those who put up with us thru thick and thin. May God bless them all.

Amen and Amen

This response submitted by jim on 1/1/05 at 7:23 PM. ( ) 63.227.249.26

My wife is a true gift from God. 32 years of marriage to a taxidermist and small business. What a women! I would of left me a LONG time ago.

Good one Jim

This response submitted by George on 1/1/05 at 7:48 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.135

But Bill did nail that one. Mea culpa

Good point Bill!

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 1/1/05 at 9:35 PM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.116.135

There are many sacrifices made to playin with dead stuff. This is my vote for those of us who have good wimmen. Jeff F.

Well Taken Bill

This response submitted by cur on 1/1/05 at 9:47 PM. ( ) 4.226.240.121

Those who were fortunate enough to hook up with those Icons are very lucky folks. Personally, I ended up with several Icon'ts who didn't like my pursuits enough to hang around. I sure miss those gals, even if I can't remember their names.....I call them plaintiffs number one, two and three.

Good post Bill!

This response submitted by A Taxidermist on 1/1/05 at 10:38 PM. ( ) 69.171.249.149

That was a good post Bill. And also very true. I would like to say that my wife is a Saint! --- Just look who she married!

I owe my wife that much and a whole lot more!

A Taxidermist

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu