Hellooo Marty!

Submitted by Mac on 1/20/05 at 4:25 PM. ( vabowhunter@worldnet.att.net ) 216.54.8.18

Just thought you'd be interested - My boy called this past weekend and informed me that he was asked too and is currently now coaching wrestling! Talk bout coming round full circle. He's currently coaching 7 to 10 year olds and says he's having a blast doing so. They had a tourney this past weekend and they had 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 fourth place finishes. Not too shabby. He says after trying to get the kids to listen he's really wondering if he's gonna have kids of his own! ROTFLMAO! Now I know how my Father felt! He's doing well though, working nights with UPS and going to school during the day. I'm proud of him, not too many 18 year olds carry that type of load. He's still got some growing to do but all in all not doin too bad. Ok, theres my gloat! LOL! How's your crew doin this year? Drop a line, I'd love to hear an update! Have a great one!
Mac

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

We started with 108 wrestlers this year...

This response submitted by marty on 1/20/05 at 4:41 PM. ( ) 24.15.108.38

I think we've lost a few since then but boy is it a challenge just to be able to hear. One of the coaches sons broke his arm the first tourney. Actually two broken arms at that tourney. A boy from another team also landed the wrong way. Counting last year and so far this year this is the most major injuries I've ever seen in wrestling at all levels in my life.

My son isn't doing as well this year. He's had some unlucky draws so far. His record is 3-6. He's lost to the kid that took 4th in state last year, another took second in state, and one of his other losses came from the state champ. Whom actually went on to wrestle nationals on the gold team. Talk about bad luck eh? Two of his other losses could have gone either way.

Last weekend I almost choked him! Down by 4 points and gets an escape. 15 seconds left and I instruct him to go for the headlock. Instead he decides to back up and block until the match is over - ARGGGGHHH! Lost 7-4. No ice cream that night.

Ahhh UPS. Around here they work your butt off and don't give you enough hours to receive any benefits. Sorta like a taxidermist - lol!

Glad your son is enjoying the little guys (& gals?). I was beginning to lose patience earlier this season with the 5-6 year olds (a lot of them weren't listenting very well, imagine that eh?) and I have since moved up to the 9-10 year olds (where my son is). Much more enjoyable and I can actually get on the mat with some of them!

Wow, 2 arms in one tourney, that's tough....

This response submitted by Mac on 1/21/05 at 6:51 AM. ( vabowhunter@worldnet.att.net ) 216.54.8.18

I think the worst I can remember is a dislocated shoulder but that was only due to a previous injury, just got aggrevated during the match. Sorry to hear about your boy. I can remember times going up against opponents of such caliber. My coaches never told me who they were till after they wiped the mat with me LOL! Not much condolence, but I sure learned alot that way. I your boy the best. Just wait till next year! LOL UPS is currently working him only 4 hours a night and he was not supposed to join the union until after 6 mnths and is supposed,(operative word being supposed), to go on to 8 hr shifts. Now whether or not that happens is yet to be seen. As for any gals in his ranks, he did not say. I'll have to ask him that the next time I talk to him. Yall have a good one & stay warm!
C-ya
Mac

When I was in college, I almost stuck a...

This response submitted by marty on 1/21/05 at 9:36 AM. ( ) 24.15.108.38

...near four time high school state champ (he lost the final match his senior year in h.s. by getting thrown to his back - ouch! So three firsts and a second) Didn't know who he was at the time, but everybody else did! No wonder they were cheering so loud! I ended up losing the match, but I came very, very close to beating him. If I would've known who he was and his record I'm sure I would've gotten killed early on - lol!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu