pricing concept...

Submitted by paul on 1/3/05 at 1:26 AM. ( ) 216.145.235.68

ok, here's a question for you all. would you rather work for $25 an hour year round in taxidermy or work a few months out of the year at $50 an hour while having a different job the other 8 months of the year?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Depends on how much I liked the "different job."

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/3/05 at 6:00 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.191

If it paid sufficiently and it was something I really liked.

I may end up being a consultant in a different field in the coming years, and could see doing both to break the monotony. For those of you that are enthralled by taxidermy you may find it hard to believe, but there may come a time when it's just a job.

cecils right

This response submitted by Bill on 1/3/05 at 7:58 AM. ( dish2ndnat@aol.com ) 152.163.100.134

at some point you cross the line between not enough work and too much work. then it occasionally seems like "Just a job" There been times when ive felt overwhelmed by it all, and thought to myself: why not just go work for someone else, put in my 8 hours, and go home and forget about all the rest. however i always come to my senses and realize that the Autonomy of running your own business is something i could never give up. youll love this business IF and WHEN your good at it. if your not, your wasting your time.

Bill's got a point

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/3/05 at 9:15 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.191

I've worked other jobs that were not as pleasant while doing taxidermy and realized how fortunate I was to be doing something others couldn't. It took a lousy factory job once to shake some sense into me.

You may not become rich being a taxidermist but you surely won't become rich working for someone else. Additionally there are other perks besides high pay to consider in a job or vocation.

If you are good at what you do and there is demand, and you're motivated, you should be better off working for yourself. Motivation is the key.

The challenge is not to become burned out.

It all depends

This response submitted by Bennie on 1/3/05 at 2:51 PM. ( ) 4.156.243.55

It depends if the benefits at the "other" job were better than the taxidermy job, example, medical insurance, dental coverage, sick leave with pay, vacation with pay, holidays with pay,retirement plan, stock option plan .

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu