Is this going around? Misery loves company.

Submitted by Cecil on 1/3/05 at 9:07 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.191

Went to Florida to visit my folks over Christmas and the wife and I got this really nasty sinus/postnasal drip/ sore throat virus/head ache, hacking etc. etc. that we've had for a week! We can't shake it! Hell I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt while I was there! Can't even contemplate getting any work done as I'm so miserable.

Finally gonna see the doc today and just wondered if this wasn't going around. I did run into someone else that had something similar.

This is not the annual flu. In many ways I would rather have the flu! It's worse! Only almost funny thing is we sound like we're dong a mating call to each other but the call is not music it's coughing.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

hmmmmmm

This response submitted by Matt Papabear on 1/3/05 at 9:23 AM. ( ) 4.155.21.140

Ahem..aaackkk...aaaackkk.....sniff...hey cecil....i got da same ting....but not in flrida.....i tink its a conspiracy or tumthin nasa brought back from space......maybe a left wing revenge.......

It must be a Hoosier thing.

This response submitted by Todd B on 1/3/05 at 9:56 AM. ( ) 4.225.18.84

I got it also. But mine came with a day of fever also. And I cannot get my ear to open up either. Same thing it has been a week and still here.

Todd

Sounds like the same thing my...

This response submitted by marty on 1/3/05 at 10:02 AM. ( ) 24.15.104.42

...oldest boy has had the whole Christmas break. No fever, no stomach problems just hacking a lot, a bad cold and sleeping quite a bit too. He has asthma and we've been watching it closely, but no wheezing yet. Nobody else has gotten it (yet)...

Medicine

This response submitted by Bill on 1/3/05 at 10:37 AM. ( ) 66.216.217.11

Drink 2 bottles of Nyquil (25% alcohol) and you won't care if you cough or hack or not.Works wonders.

the whooping cough...

This response submitted by Griz on 1/3/05 at 11:45 AM. ( ) 69.66.87.175

has been "going around" around here. So it could be worse

It's Kennel cough

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 1/3/05 at 1:23 PM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.117.6

See your vet and call me in the morning!(LOL) Peace- Jeff F.

Well you know Jeff

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/3/05 at 1:35 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.191

I did have to drop the dog off at a kennel for the vacation as the condo the folks are in doesn't allow pets. Could have picked it up there!

Saw a St. Brenard puppy there when I pick up my dog. (Bed & Biscuit in Albion) Wasn't yours by any chance was it?

It's might be ...

This response submitted by Poor Ol' Dan on 1/3/05 at 1:43 PM. ( ) 68.99.4.203

that lovely airplane air you shared with all those other folks(assuming)you flew. An eye.ear and throat Doc i know says flying is one of the best places to pick up an infection or virus. He as several salesman/clients that come in frequently to get antibiotic's before flying. Do you remember when people were allowed to smoke on planes? He also stated that the airlines, in order to increase profits, have cut way back on cleaning the planes in between flights. Makes sense to me.

No comprendo senior

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 1/3/05 at 1:50 PM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.117.6

My pup went to the K9 academy here in Angola when we went to Detroit for Christmas. It broke my heart to leave her at the puppy prison. And now she's getting fixed(broken) and dew claws removed this week so she'll be away from me for two more days. I never knew a dog could be so special as she is to me. Chloe is her name and she truly is every bit the love intented through her name! Peace- Jeff F.

Epstein-Barr virus

This response submitted by Hogger on 1/3/05 at 3:34 PM. ( ) 4.7.214.38

Dats what ya got Cecil. It's known as the kissing desease, look it up. Funny though, can't imagine you've been kissed?

No airplane ride here

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/3/05 at 3:56 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.191

Drove all the way down and all the way back. Had to pick up one of my sisters and her husband in Kentucky.

Epstein Barr eh?

Jeff dogs can really grow on you. Mine owns me. I don't own her.

maybe you have PEST syndrome Cec

This response submitted by b bishop/ Republican on 1/3/05 at 6:17 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.144

Post Election Selection Trauma - heard that's been going around left corners these days LOL !

I had the same thing

This response submitted by KB on 1/3/05 at 7:37 PM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

(not pest syndrome), with one day fever, and the cough didn't go away for about 5 weeks. Speaking of doggies, our german shepherd has an interesting dance she does....when she hears the staple gun being used in the shop, she (being outside) races to a certain spot about 30 yards from the shop, and leaps around in circles barking and throwing dirt. She keeps in up for several minutes sometimes. And she hates the taxidermy shop. Some watchdog. Even after a year she is still as nervous as can be in here. But we wouldn't trade her.

Cecil

This response submitted by Wally on 1/3/05 at 8:29 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.135

That stuff is all over Florida where I live and it is hanging on to you for weeks, can't get rid of it. Probally something being dropped out of planes as a test by terrorist in training at our local flight schools.

Matt and Brad

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/3/05 at 9:01 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.169

Would you please get off the politics! I've been on the wagon for some time now regarding politics. Dont' tempt me!

It's called "getting out of the kitchen "Cecil

This response submitted by b bishop/ Republican on 1/3/05 at 9:04 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.124

LMAO !

Cecil

This response submitted by Bradlee on 1/3/05 at 10:38 PM. ( ) 12.215.49.73

Welcome back from vacation ! LOL The new string is only caught by folks that go on vacation so I haven't cought that yet . Could be from drinking out of state beer also . LOL I did shovel your drive out while you were gone and we cought some sweet fish too ! LOL By the way "misery loves company" is a song that is copyrighted to me ! so be careful ! LOL
Actually , I had it too , it will pass in about one month . Just drink till you don't care if yall hack and cough and you will make it ! With that , CHEERS to all here tonight , and don't call me in the morning ! Bradlee

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu