NASTY

Submitted by Jimmy Joe on 1/3/05 at 10:07 PM. ( ) 4.226.111.215

Man, I don't know how you guy's do it! I bought a few pheasants and some ducks to try my hand at taxidermy....first off, the meat tastes HORRIBLE..(I thought pen raised ducks would taste better than that, probably weren't really pen rasied I'm guessing...but the pheasant was just as rancid....ugh, I was on the pot for 3 days! Then, ducks AND pheasants just fall apart when you try to get the fat off on a wire wheel, not to mention the absolute mess it made of my bench grinder. I'll be payin someone else to do all my birds from now on! What about fish? Are they hard to do?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Jimmy Joe

This response submitted by cur on 1/3/05 at 10:17 PM. ( ) 4.225.174.248

Cook the meat first.....and then eat it. That old saw about hanging them by the head until the body falls off is a cold weather thang. Besides you said they were pen raised......nobody in their right mind would feed a BIC or a Parker to a bird.

Bench grinders work but you have to temper the brase wire wheel with your palm first to get the wires set so they are more gentle on the duck flesh. Just press your palm against the wheel until the pain goes away. See, we are tough, and that's how we do it...

They might taste better

This response submitted by Mr. T on 1/3/05 at 10:19 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.161

Welcome to taxidermy, I have never done a fish yet; deer and hogs are my bag. None of taxidermy is a walk in the park. I bet if you went back and finished those birds, no matter how they turned out, you would look back and say, wow, I did that? I want to do another one! And there you go, full steam ahead! But giving up from frustration only shows that you wont get through a fish or deer, or a kite with a string either.

Jimmy

This response submitted by Bradlee on 1/3/05 at 10:20 PM. ( ) 12.215.49.73

My guess is you used a regular wire wheel to try to flesh those guys .LOL Yes , it will sling thos bad boys mess all over creation , that is why they make fleshing machines . LOL Wish I had pictures of that cause I tried it once with the same results .Bradlee

good thing...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/4/05 at 1:35 AM. ( ) 67.138.11.8

...they werent pencil-raised, he could have lead poisoning!

Bill

This response submitted by cur on 1/4/05 at 2:58 AM. ( ) 4.252.242.29

We the only two that saw through the horse hockey?

LOL

This response submitted by Bill on 1/4/05 at 9:23 AM. ( wildlifepreservestaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 199.245.220.253

oh well I tried...can't get anything started on here anymore

Let me suggest.....................

This response submitted by Swampfox on 1/4/05 at 9:39 AM. ( ) 216.81.99.97

that you invest in a wildgame cookbook of good quaility. Find a receipe you would like to try, and simply follow the directions. Wild game has a different flavor than Kentucky Fried Chicken. Another thing, skin em' before they rot!

Another appreciative customer!

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/4/05 at 11:20 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.169

My best customers are the ones that try taxidermy and find out it's no piece of cake. LOL

Cur

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/4/05 at 2:29 PM. ( ) 67.138.10.183

How often does the phrase, "right over their head" come to mind? No problem, I like when they think were dumber than a package of gum. Its still fun, though. The joking keeps things fun.

got it

This response submitted by Mr. T on 1/4/05 at 7:35 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.111

pen, pencil raised, got it. ha ha. the guy should have gotten a hint when ink ran out instead of blood.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu