log books....

Submitted by Griz on 1/22/05 at 6:36 PM. ( ) 69.66.85.48

okay i was just curious about the warrant for searching and checking and stuff, and i wanted to clarify that i am in no way illegal or hiding anything, i was just kinda curious on how you guys handle the beauracratic and legal side of things. And i learned alot, but....

Even though i try not to be illegal sometimes i wonder if they wanted to they could prolly find something to harass you over. Luckily i am pretty sure all our local guys are pretty good.

But what all do you guys put in your log books? Name date license numbers and what else?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Whatever your state requires.

This response submitted by Craig on 1/22/05 at 9:16 PM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

WASCO has some good log sheets that would work in any case. I also added cape punch numbers. And don't forget to correspondingly number and tag the items in the freezer.

Check with your states DNR...

This response submitted by marty on 1/22/05 at 10:02 PM. ( ) 24.15.108.38

As Craig mentioned. I took the requirements and made up logsheets on my computer. Same with my write-ups, business cards and care instructions...

If Licensed, you agree to do as required--whatever that is!

This response submitted by KIM on 1/22/05 at 10:36 PM. ( ) 69.171.249.149

Put in everything reguired by the regulations PLUS your information and a master copy of your contract/agreement which would apply to ALL of your customers.

Also, remember if you have a license, you have agreed to work by and live by the rules of that license. And this means that "whatever" the DNR, Law enforcement, etc. wants, you gotta do it! This also means that if need be, they can search you WITHOUT any court order.
Oh yes! Once you agree to be regulated, you give up your "Bill of Rights."

KIM

We've been having CWD

This response submitted by KB on 1/22/05 at 11:53 PM. ( ) 65.161.239.4

testing for the past couple of years, so along with logging the customer's license (tag)#, we've had to log the specific area the animal was taken from also. This is something new, however, because the DWR wants to know where the animal was, if it tests positive for CWD.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu