URGENT: 'TARGET #1': al-Zarqawi reportedly arrested in Iraq

Submitted by b bishop/ Republican on 1/4/05 at 10:20 AM. ( ) 65.73.67.176

URGENT: 'TARGET #1': al-Zarqawi reportedly arrested in Iraq
Tue Jan 04 2005 09:49:47 ET

DUBAI, January 4 (Itar-Tass) - Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi, whom the US occupation authorities declared to be the "target number one" in Iraq, has been arrested in the city of Baakuba, the Emirate newspaper al-Bayane reported on Tuesday referring to Kurdish sources. Al-Zarqawi, leader of the terrorist group Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad, was recently appointed the director of the Al-Qaeda organisation in Iraq.

The newspaper's correspondent in Baghdad points out that a report on the seizure of the terrorist, on whom the US put a bounty of 10 million dollars, was also reported by Iraqi Kurdistan radio, which at one time had been the first to announce the arrest of Saddam Hussein.

There have been no official reports about the arrest of the terrorist. Al-Zarqawi, 38, a Jordanian, whose real name is Ahmad al-Khalayleh, aims to turn Iraq into a "new Afghanistan". According to Arab press data, Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad group has divided Iraq into several emirates. The group's independent subdivisions at a strength of 50 to 500 militants operate in the cities of Al-Falluja, Al-Qaim, Diala, and Samarra.

The personnel of the group is on the whole 1,500-strong and includes Iraqis and citizens of Arab and Islamic countries. There are demolition experts and missilemen among them.

The group has depots of weapons and explosives in various parts of the country. It intends to frustrate the upcoming parliamentary elections that are scheduled for the end of this month. Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad threatens to do away with Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi and members of the interim government.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Still unconfirmed Pentagon denies it

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/4/05 at 11:02 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.169

Would be great but don't get your hopes up. The Drudge report is reporting it but it's been wrong countless times.

Hope so!

I don't like the term

This response submitted by cur on 1/4/05 at 2:53 PM. ( ) 4.227.11.14

"Captured"......I would rather hear that he was identified by DNA test run on a blob of tissue found on a 500# bomb fragment........ Now maybe Ramsey Clark will get another client..........I am looking forward to his DNA test results too.

Now I hear it's false ? ? ? ? ?

This response submitted by b bishop/ Republican on 1/4/05 at 5:09 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.96

darn it ! I am with you there Cur.

You may want to consider this Brad

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/5/05 at 11:20 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.144

We may have him afterall but we don't want anyone to know. Why? So we can torture the piss out of this POS (or send him to another country where they have no guidelines on that) and get all the information we want without the media butting in. Very plausible.

I'm against the killing him though. I would say slow excruciating pain would be the best thing for this psycho piece of trash. Maybe like the sinus virus I have right now.

Thats the problem!

This response submitted by JTM on 1/5/05 at 3:16 PM. ( ) 63.161.168.3

The Media. The liberal's watch dog. Who's side are they on? Not the side of that poor soldier who was harrased for shooting an "unarmed" man. I would like to see one of those winers on a sweep and clear through a building full of potential terrorists and let one of those "unarmed" BA****DS who are playing dead on the floor to pull the pin on a grenade he's hiding.

Fight fire with fire.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu