Mexico Duck Hunting

Submitted by James Parrish on 1/4/05 at 1:05 PM. ( ) 204.211.171.11

I am planning ahead for next year to go duck hunting in Mexico. Does anyone have an outfitter that they can reccommend?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Mexico Duck Hunting

This response submitted by Ramon Narvaez on 1/4/05 at 1:11 PM. ( phasianus@prodigy.net.mx ) 201.128.49.234

Dear James:

My name is Ramon and I am a Taxidermist as well an outfitter. I own Los Patos Yucatan. a duck hunting operation with more than 15 years of experience. We hunt in the Yucatan Penninsula and we have a superb duck hunting. Please visit our web page at www.phasianus.homestead.com/lospatos.html
Please contact me at phasianus@prodigy.net.mx and I will be glad to help you. We have a few opennings for this season and for next season.

best regards:

Ramon Narvaez

Ramon

This response submitted by cur on 1/4/05 at 1:39 PM. ( ) 4.226.228.236

Are the folks in Atlanta, Ga still involved with your club. I had a neighbor in Ft. Mitchell, KY who owned part of that operation along with some Atlanta folks some years ago.....Just wondering if it was the same Club los Patos with the lagoon on one side and the beach on the other..........

Los Patos

This response submitted by Ramon Narvaez on 1/4/05 at 2:42 PM. ( phasianus@prodigy.net.mx ) 201.128.49.234

Cur:

No. It is not the same organization. The one you are telling was Club de Patos de Sisal. Mine is Los Patos Yucatan. I knew very well the owner of the other club (Mr. Vales). He died a few years ago and now it is closed. We hunt in the same area but we have 3 different spots in the coast of Yucatan. So we can hunt where the ducks are.

Thanks

Ramon Narvaez

Yes Ramon

This response submitted by cur on 1/4/05 at 6:34 PM. ( ) 4.227.8.171

I Knew it was Club de Patos, but thought the name had been changed. I am sorry to here about Vale's death. And sorry to hear of the closing. We traveled there several times and enjoyed ourselves for the effort. I hunt North of you on the Texas Coast, and promise to keep running the ducks your way, so long as I am able.

I was on the Cincinnati DU committee with one of the owners thirty years ago.....a number of us traveled there. You folks know how to treat a yanqui well......keep em flying.

Cur

This response submitted by Ramon Narvaez on 1/4/05 at 6:57 PM. ( phasianus@prodigy.net.mx ) 201.135.214.49

Thanks for your words. And keep pushing the ducks to us jajaja.
We try to treat all our American friends as they deserve. For us our business is based in service. I am a hunter and I know what a hunter want in a hunt. It is good to be in a comfortable lodge, in a beautiful place and of course to have a lot of game, but in my point of view the most important is to see that the outfitter is working hard to give you a good hunt. I remember a hunt trip to Alaska for artic grizzly. My outfitter work hard all day, we walk a lot, glass a lot, again walk and glass and finally I didnīt get my bear, but I was really happy with the service. The guide was a professional and hunting is like that. I am returning this year with him.
I will be glad to help you and anybody who want to come to Mexico and hunt ducks.

Best regards:

Ramon Narvaez

Ramon

This response submitted by cur on 1/4/05 at 7:08 PM. ( ) 4.227.8.171

Send contact information to:

wildart@prodigy.net

Thank you

Now where did I put that Spanish duck call, anyway?....The one that goes Los quacue, quacue........aqui,aqui,aqui...

Sounds like fun

This response submitted by Len on 1/4/05 at 11:00 PM. ( lengums@wi.rr.com ) 24.209.156.234

I have to think about this one. It sounds like it would be a super trip.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu