hey I just wanted to let you all know

Submitted by Bill Yox on 1/5/05 at 12:30 AM. ( ) 67.138.10.36

I wanted to take a minute this New Year to let you all know how much you all mean to me. The friends I have made through the shows, this industry and these forums are beyond any words I have. Having a place to visit, to learn, to vent and sometimes to even show off a bit is invaluable too. I pick up so many of my students as a result of this site. I have had opportunities, doors opened, because of so many of you in here and in this industry. Many of you already know how I feel about you, because we speak weekly, or monthly, or maybe even less often.

Having a reputation is a funny thing, really. Its simply a result of how one is perceived by others. But folks often dont really KNOW the person, at least not well enough to know their thoughts or feelings. I feel a strong bond to this industry in an odd way. I love the way Im often received by you folks as taxidermists when I visit your state shows. You see it as one-on-one, you and me, but I see it as all of you and one of me! Its almost overwhelming sometimes. I cant explain it. But Im thankful. Very thankful.

While we may joke about someone being a nipple, or an elbow, (or worse), or chastise someones use of a supply company or tan method, I still like you guys, all of you. I just wanted to let you folks here know how much I think of you, and how thankful I am to have you here. Thanks, Bill Yox.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Does that include me?

This response submitted by Heath Cline on 1/5/05 at 12:53 AM. ( heath6799@yahoo.com ) 12.156.65.158

I hope, just kidding with you Bill. Hey I saw a picture of your big buck you raised. heck of a deer!
When are you coming back to Ohio?
When you do , give me a call ahead of time, maybe we can get together and trade some deer stories.

Sniffles

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 1/5/05 at 1:19 PM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 64.12.116.134

Dang Bill. Harliquin would be proud of ya! But seriously, the true Thanx goes to YOU. Your contributions to this forum are on the money and very unselfish. I attended my first convention to begin growing but also to meet the great Yox. Money well spent! I look forward to gaining more of your knowledge in the future. You're a great inspiration to many and a true friend more than that. Hope your New Year brings happiness and growth.(no,I don't mean hair) Hope your a$$ specks are ok too!(archives) Peace- Jeff F.

You're Just.........

This response submitted by Old Fart on 1/5/05 at 1:53 PM. ( ) 66.119.33.187

.....Saying that, so we'll buy more of your drinks at the next show! LOL

Look forward

This response submitted by Tom on 1/7/05 at 12:11 AM. ( ) 207.19.167.250

I look forward to meeting you in person someday Bill! I would love to just sit and talk taxidermy with you for awhile. Do you ever make it to any Ohio shows? Thanks for your post I look forward to reading your what you have to say.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu