Lots of folks without power in central Indiana and Ohio

Submitted by Cecil on 1/7/05 at 3:48 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.201

due to an icestorm. I can just see taxidermists doing what they can to save what's in their freezers. I hear near some folks in Indiana have been with power for three days and counting and Doug Seibert tells me his mom in Ohio may be without power for three weeks!

Sure glad it missed us. I've been sick and the thought of skinning out about 100 fish makes me tired.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Why not...

This response submitted by marty on 1/7/05 at 4:39 PM. ( ) 24.15.104.42

...just put 'em outside? It's not suppose to be in the 50's here until nest week (predicting 60 in some areas here near Chicago!)

We lost power here a few weeks ago for about 3 hours. You don't realize how much you rely on it until it's gone...

Til what's gone?

This response submitted by Wolfwoman on 1/7/05 at 10:57 PM. ( dakota AT mtaonline.net ) 64.4.229.40

Electricity? Wassat? :)

I was out of electric for 12 days

This response submitted by Heath Cline on 1/7/05 at 10:58 PM. ( heath6799@yahoo.com ) 12.156.70.44

Cecil,
During the last ice storm during the Christmas / New Years holidays, I was without electric for 12 days here in North central Ohio. Let me tell you it really sucked. Thanks goodness for the generator ! Luckily, I already had one. But people were going nuts buying every generator around ! A person doesn't realize how much you take electricity for granted until you go 12 days without it ! Hope to never see it again.

12 Days?

This response submitted by Wolfwoman on 1/7/05 at 11:10 PM. ( dakota AT mtaonline.net ) 64.4.229.40

How's about 17 months so far? Sorry, I'm just funnin'. I live on generator power, so if I LOSE power it's my own darn fault for not filling the gas tank! LOL

Wolfwoman

This response submitted by Heath Cline on 1/7/05 at 11:17 PM. ( heath6799@yahoo.com ) 12.156.70.44

Is that by your own choice? I am not making fun of you, just wondering. Do you live that far away from electric or use the generator by choice?
I would think that would take some getting used to.

Heath

This response submitted by Wolfwoman on 1/8/05 at 2:05 AM. ( dakota AT mtaonline.net ) 64.4.230.149

It's by choice. We live in a fairly (not terribly) remote area in Alaska and there is no power at the cabin. It isn't as hard as one thinks once you get used to the things you have to do for everyday life.

Wolfie

Supposed to get only an inch of snow last night

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/8/05 at 4:16 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.182

LMAO We've got five inches and counting this morning with another 3 inches expected. So much for the one inch. Of course the NWS changed the forecast as they went. Shucks I could do that! Better than ice though!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu