For those of you that compared the Tsunami tradegy to

Submitted by Cecil on 1/8/05 at 7:24 AM. ( ) 64.184.33.182

9/11 and said no one helped the victims of the 9/11 attack, you're kidding right? The relatives of the 9/11 victims got at least a million smackers a piece from Uncle Sam and last I heard no one went hungry or was homeless.

I could compare the death toll too but I won't.

I'll bet some of you that think helping is to much to ask go to church on Sunday too. Why bother?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

There is no comparison

This response submitted by oldshaver on 1/8/05 at 10:40 AM. ( oldshaver@yahoo.com ) 207.69.32.152

One was mass murder, and the other was a un-preventable natural disaster. I will bet that the total US contribution will top a billion easy! That being said, Indonesia has the largest muslem population of any country in the world. They were one of those countries having keg parties in the streets on 9-11, celebrating the deaths of thousands of our countrys men, women, and children! I see nothing wrong with helping these people, except for the fact that they wont appreciate it a couple of years from now. France is a fine example of what I am talking about. How many US soldiers died liberating there sorry asses, and just 60 years later, they wont stand at our side to help rid the world of terrorism. Dont worry Cecil, with all the money going over to the tsunami victims, this time next year, it will be business as ussual. They will be back to roasting marshmallows over burning US flags, and likenesses of our President in no time.

Kudos to you Cecil for being a compassionate human too.

This response submitted by Lady Whitetail on 1/8/05 at 10:41 AM. ( ) 216.46.213.208

We can argue all day about the way our government throws money around and we would get no where. The government doesn't ask my opinion about spending money and I am sure they won't care if I actually gave them my opinion. I just hope that some day the government will allow me to live on a deficit budget. I wish I could write a check for 10,000. and tell my bank that I will catch up with them sometime in my life - to add it to my personal deficit. Some people get all the privileges.

But as a compassionate human being I cannot see the images of devestation in SriLanka, Indonesia, etc., without thanking god that I have never had to live through such devestation. I cannot imagine watching as my child is swept off to sea. I cannot imagine the agony of looking at pictures of the dead to find one of my loved ones. I don't care about their race or religious beliefs. If they need a dollar or two from me I can afford that. For people to say they don't deserve our help because they dislike Americans - get real. These people have never been taught anything different. They have been raised to hate Americas because they have been taught to be racists. Children are not born to hate - that is a learned behavior. I don't teach my child to hate anyone - And I grew up in a racist family - but I separated myself from that as I got older and became friends with many African Americans. No different here. Most third world countries (and they are referred to as third world because there life generally is old ways and very poor economically and most of these people are very uneducated). Their only education comes from being taught by those uneducated people around them. They have never been taught about the good things in life that Americans do.

And when they are back up on their feet from the relief efforts that are going on maybe some of them will change their minds. Maybe they will be thankful to the American people for all they did for them. Those that are set in their ways wouldn't change their minds no matter what we do for them and that is something they will have to live with and answer for someday. But it only takes us to reach a few people to change their hearts and minds about Americans for them to start spreading the word and maybe someday change their racist hearts.

I don't send money for those that were ungrateful to receive used clothes. I would rather think that my dollar went to that person I see on the news that starts to cry and say thank you when they receive something as simple as drinking water.

There are people all around us that we dislike in life. Heck I am sure there are people out there that don't like me. Thats what makes the world go around. But if that person who disliked me was in dire straits and needed my help - I would still be there. Because I am a compassionate human being and one fine and true American.....

So don't let them beat up on you too bad Cecil - there are others of us out there who feel compassion deeper than hatred. As for 911 - My aunt's friend lost her husband that day (one of the firefighters who gave his life) and though she still lives in the nightmare of losing her loved one - financially she has been well taken care of. Wish we could say the same thing about our lost soldiers families. People want to complain about injustices in the world - our military men and women and their families are not taken care of. And that is truly unjust.

We should help them

This response submitted by oldshaver on 1/8/05 at 10:49 AM. ( oldshaver@yahoo.com ) 207.69.32.152

because it is the decent thing to do, but if you think you are going to change their way of thinking on the US and its people, you are wrong.

wha?

This response submitted by Steve on 1/8/05 at 10:53 AM. ( ) 68.38.95.248

Oldshave....Muslims are having keg parties in the streets? I dont know if you are aware of this, but devout muslims do not drink alcohol. And as for France not helping to rid the world of terrorism, that too is false. They dont supports bush's war, but they are very familiar with terrorism and are doing their part. Check out these links.There are a lot more too. Do a google search for france terrorism arrests and see for your self. Dont believe everything that that drug addict limbaugh or that loofah using bill o'reilly say.

Al-Qaida terror plot foiled, say French police
http://www.guardian.co.uk/france/story/0,11882,1120822,00.html

Terror arrests across Europe
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/09/26/inv.europe.arrests/

Fighting Terrorism: Lessons from France
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,176139,00.html

Your Full of SH%$ Cecil

This response submitted by Tom on 1/8/05 at 11:26 AM. ( ) 207.19.167.250

How much did we get from OTHER countries? Did any of them have any fund raising events for our people? I think you know the answer to that. The bible and going to church has nothing to do with this Cecil! The whole point I was trying to make was about MONEY not COMPASSION. I feel terrible for those people, But I feel more terrible for the people that suffer everyday in this country and get IGNORED by our government. Its like they don't want to admit that we could have this kind of need right here at home. Well we do! And as far as going to Church on Sundays, NO THANKS that is were all the SINNERS hang out.

Steve

This response submitted by oldshaver on 1/8/05 at 11:43 AM. ( oldshaver@yahoo.com ) 207.69.14.147

Steve, please, you have to know that the term keg parties was pure sarcasm. It was a reference to the level of joy and celebration.

Excuses for a lack of compassion

This response submitted by Cecil on 1/8/05 at 12:57 PM. ( ) 64.184.33.182

Some of you blow my mind. Unbelieveable. Considering your gender calls themselves "compassinate conservatives" I'm even more flabbergasted. I guess that was all talk.

"All human beings are in truth akin; All in creation share one origin. When fate allots a member pangs and pains, No ease for other members then remains. If, unperturbed, another's grief canst scan, Thou are not worthy of the name of man." Saadi

I wonder?

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 1/8/05 at 2:04 PM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.116.134

As much as I'd like to say piss on em, I wonder if these children will grow up and remember who hepled them when they needed it the most. By the same token I know they are raised to believe that they are the only "true" religion and that ALL others must be exterminated. So, I guess I stick to "piss on em". My religion says to turn the other cheek, but not so somebody can chop off your head. Jeff F.

I wonder?

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 1/8/05 at 2:05 PM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.116.134

As much as I'd like to say piss on em, I wonder if these children will grow up and remember who hepled them when they needed it the most. By the same token I know they are raised to believe that they are the only "true" religion and that ALL others must be exterminated. So, I guess I stick to "piss on em". My religion says to turn the other cheek, but not so somebody can chop off your head. Jeff F.

oldshaver

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/8/05 at 2:56 PM. ( ) 67.138.10.28

Of course, you are dead-on accurate. The snivelers are the ones that allow this to happen as a nation, believing that we will change the hatred. That hatred is as old as the Bible. Natural disasters happen regardless of whether you wanna live below sea level or above it. There is no logical comparison between this latest tsunami event and the murder of 9/11, except great loss of life. But when did logic ever stop some?

What is so sad...

This response submitted by oldshaver on 1/8/05 at 7:38 PM. ( ) 207.69.2.52

is that the schools and mosques we help to rebuild will be teaching these innocent children how to hate there fellow man.

Steve, I thought you were scraped off our feet...

This response submitted by George on 1/8/05 at 8:59 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.134

...After we left the chicken coop. Haven't seen you since the Electoral College made you a confirmed LOSER! LMAO Bleeding heart liberal to the end.

George...

This response submitted by Li Li on 1/9/05 at 1:15 AM. ( ) 216.183.38.4

... :D

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu